/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Oppressed, repressed, and depressed

Kori Harpoon
12-12-2015, 11:31 PM
I know I'm new here but thing's are not so good for my so I'm saying why not. Here I go:

About 4 months ago I became homeless because of my traitor father but I went to a Mental Hospital rather than the streets. It worked because now I have a house but things are still not so good. I was in a place called Bay House it's like a mix of a half-way house and a mental hospital I didn't like how some of the staff treated others and myself. I was put on a behavioral contract because I complained that a bunch of women put up a blockade that made it where a friend, hopefully we will be more, couldn't go to the store to get pads. I had to buy them for her. Also they treat her very badly, I had to use all the willpower I had not to break some noses or spit in the face of those doing mental harm to her. Although they called it "graduating" they were going to kick me out of Turning Point, group therapy, because I defend her. That was avoided. But her councilor continues to harass her. I plan to write a handwritten letter to the Doctor in charge of the entire place. Should I? They really give her a hard time. I mean yes she's annoying and asks for too much...mainly from me but I still care for her. I'm not happy now,well I'm never happy, but if this post seem strange and hard to understand let me know what more I can add.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
12-12-2015, 11:48 PM
:bism: (The Arabic lettering means, "In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.")

Welcome to the board, bro!

I'm sorry to hear of how things went south for you there due to your father.

At least, bro, you have a house now though, even if the situation is not too good.

I'm glad you exercised the willpower to not break noses because anger makes us feel good in the short-term but almost always has negative consequences in the long-term. So, bravo to you for that!

If you can write a typewritten letter to the doctor in charge of the place anonymously, that would be better, because I don't want you to face any reprisals for having written so honestly. Is there a local library that you can visit to author the note on a computer or email anonymously?

Also, if you decide to write the letter, be sure to have noted down within the letter specific times, dates, and locations of the incidents in regards to that woman so that the doctor in charge can investigate the matter God-willing after he receives your letter.

Additionally, I know you yourself are facing some tough times, and while it's really sweet of you to care for her, if I were you, I'd concentrate on getting better yourself before taking on someone else's care and concerns as your own. That's my advice, and hope it helped.

Take care of yourself, and wishing you well,

format_quote Originally Posted by Kori Harpoon
I know I'm new here but thing's are not so good for my so I'm saying why not. Here I go:

About 4 months ago I became homeless because of my traitor father but I went to a Mental Hospital rather than the streets. It worked because now I have a house but things are still not so good. I was in a place called Bay House it's like a mix of a half-way house and a mental hospital I didn't like how some of the staff treated others and myself. I was put on a behavioral contract because I complained that a bunch of women put up a blockade that made it where a friend, hopefully we will be more, couldn't go to the store to get pads. I had to buy them for her. Also they treat her very badly, I had to use all the willpower I had not to break some noses or spit in the face of those doing mental harm to her. Although they called it "graduating" they were going to kick me out of Turning Point, group therapy, because I defend her. That was avoided. But her councilor continues to harass her. I plan to write a handwritten letter to the Doctor in charge of the entire place. Should I? They really give her a hard time. I mean yes she's annoying and asks for too much...mainly from me but I still care for her. I'm not happy now,well I'm never happy, but if this post seem strange and hard to understand let me know what more I can add.

Kori Harpoon
12-12-2015, 11:56 PM
Well while holding the Thor's Hammer on my neck I vowed to the God's and Goddess's that I would help her in the regard to her councilor harassing her so I have to do it. Also I want them to know who wrote the letter, I am no coward. I plan to hand it to the Doctor myself. I have amazing willpower but whenever a woman is in any danger I lose control and quickly. I care for others mainly because I don't care about myself.

BeTheChange
12-15-2015, 10:01 PM
Hello Kori,

Welcome to the forum & thank you for sharing your story.

May Allah swt (God) help you in your hard times and provide peace & tranquility for you when you least/most expect it.

You sound like a very nice and respectful man. May Allah swt help you look after yourself and the people around you Ameen.

In your last post you mentioned you don't look after yourself. I would strongly urge you to try and change this around. Console yourself. You don't need anybody's permission to look after yourself. Remember you have rights and try and be kind to yourself. This is extremely important. Take time out for yourself because if you don't you probably find yourself to be in a more troubled state and trust me you don't want to take that road. If it takes weeks, months or years it doesn't matter. Concentrate and focus on yourself as well as the people around you.

I guess what i am trying to say is you come first and then the people around you.

I would also recommend or advise you to participate or increase your physical activity/sport. It really does make a HUGE difference and you'll be running on poisitive energy for days.

So going back to your original concern. You're not happy with the treatment of your fellow room-mates. I would advise you to go to the very top person and write to them. Note down everything. The dates, names of nurses/doctors who are abusing, how they are abusing, the duration of the abuse and so on. Go to the governing body if there is one and keep a copy of the letter for yourself too.

If they don't respond chase it up.

If you can't find the governing body look on the internet or ring your local council. Am not sure how it works in your country but make enquiries. In sha Allah (God-willing) you can put a stop to the abuse.

If it is possible i would also take video footage of the abuse. Use your mobile phone or a dictaphone to record audio.

Hope that helps and all the best!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
12-15-2015, 10:04 PM
I would also recommend listening to this lecture called self-image psychology which may help you change the way you think about yourself?

Please visit & scroll to the bottom; http://www.kalamullah.com/personality.html

Free lectures and e-books!!

Lisa921
12-20-2015, 02:26 AM
Welcome to the forum
I think you need to care about yourself more.
You can't truly love someone without loving yourself.
I think she is in good hands with her counsolor. She may have seemed to be in trouble but she is in that place for a reason. As are you. So you both need some discretion and to take care of yourselves first. Until you get better then you can't truly take care of each other.
I will pray for you and hope the creater of the universe sends you blessings and guidance.
TAke care
lisa

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.