PDA

View Full Version : Question about Fasting

Kori Harpoon
12-13-2015, 12:04 AM
What about Muslims that have diabetes?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
12-13-2015, 12:23 AM
Read the question on the link too, as it has a context :).

1.) Islam is a religion of compassion and does not enjoin on a person that which is beyond their capacity.

In your wife's case, her own past experience of her ailment worsening from fasting and the advice of a competent Muslim doctor are sufficient for her to be excused from fasting.
http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/25001

Kori Harpoon
12-13-2015, 12:26 AM
I figured that there would be exceptions but I heard that many Muslims still fast even if it does great harm to them.

ardianto
12-13-2015, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kori Harpoon
What about Muslims that have diabetes?
If someone cannot fast in Ramadhan due to illness, he can fast in other months. If he cannot fast in other months, he can pay fidyah, giving food for poor people. If he is not afford to pay fidyah, someone else can pay fidyah in behalf on him. If there's no anyone who can pay fidyah for him, then he is forgiven. Allah does not burden someone beyond his ability.

format_quote Originally Posted by Kori Harpoon
I figured that there would be exceptions but I heard that many Muslims still fast even if it does great harm to them.
Fasting when sick is not suggested, even could be forbidden if fasting would fatally endanger the health because it's considered as act that lead to suicide.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.