/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'Tis the season of the 'mawlid' debates again

strivingobserver98
12-13-2015, 11:25 PM
Yasir Qadhi on the mawlid. Ameen to the duas!

Sadly, both sides have fanatics and overzealous people who have nothing but hate and contempt for the other side.

While I personally choose not to do anything special on the 12th of Rabi al-Awwal (and believe that the actual date of the blessed birth is not known for certain), I also do not in any way disparage or look down on those who choose to celebrate the arrival of the best human being, as long as they stay within the bounds of Islam in their praise.

The fact of the matter is that, for the last seven centuries, we have had respected scholars who have considered this celebration to be discouraged, and others who have considered it to be encouraged with conditions. This is an undeniable reality that no serious researcher can deny. So if you choose to follow one set of scholars, at least recognize that another set of respected jurists have chosen the other opinion, and respect that difference, even as you follow the other opinion.

Especially in this time and age, when the Ummah is facing so much turmoil and trials, surely both sides can agree that the motivation for their positions is the same?!

In other words, those who celebrate the mawlid do so out of pure love for our Prophet (salla Allah alayhi wa sallam), and those who consider it to be a reprehensible innovation also do so out of love for following the Prophet (SAW) perfectly.

Instead of concentrating on the different opinions, why can't we see that what motivates BOTH parties is their love for the Rasul (salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam)? And why can't both parties agree that no matter what the correct position is about the mawlid, the Prophet (SAW) would not want us to be boycotting and calling each other names and hating on one another? This, ESPECIALLY at a time of great fitan, when millions of Muslims are refugees, or being persecuted, or facing Islamophobia across the globe.

May Allah unite our hearts upon the worship of Allah and the love of Rasul Allah (salla Allah alayhi wa sallam), for in the end, that is all that counts!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
12-14-2015, 09:50 AM
:salambox:my imam does mawlid

saif-uddin
12-14-2015, 01:27 PM
https://islamqa.info/en/249

Mawlid is Biddah,

None of the Sahaba radiallahu anhum ever practiced it nor condoned it.

جزاك الله خيرا

M.I.A.
12-14-2015, 01:36 PM
I think the thread title is more truthful than OP realises..

And its only been 1400 years.

Few more hundred and it will probably be a festive holiday.

Although I'm not for or against any celebration.

...it's complicated

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
12-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Saw this quote, which is so true subhan Allah.

"No matter what your position is about the mawlid ceremony, Remember that Prophet :saws: would never want us to be insulting and hating on one another."

saif-uddin
12-14-2015, 03:08 PM
It's not about personal opinion or position,

It's clear Biddah,

No evidence exists to show the Sahaba radiallahu anhum practiced.

It's an innovation and that came about after,

جزاك الله خيرا

M.I.A.
12-14-2015, 03:32 PM
Is the nativity story true? With the three wise men bringing presents?

...or just early marketing o_o

saif-uddin
12-14-2015, 05:20 PM
Don't know but since Allah tala and his messenger salallahu عليه السلام‎ didn't mention it,

It's irrelevant

Search
12-14-2015, 06:24 PM
:bism:

:sl:

There are specific reasons that mawlid has been encouraged in Muslim scholarly circles, yet also reasons as Bro Farhan provided that some scholars have discouraged the matter. For myself, my heart is satisfied with the proofs of mawlid being valid and therefore do not see reason for any individual to lampoon people who celebrate the love of Prophet :saws: in the manner of mawlid as they do so with the consideration of the ayat (verse) of the Quran that says Allah SWT and angels send salawat upon Prophet :saws: and also the innumerable hadiths (prophetic traditions) that bespeak of the value of the human being sending salawat upon the Beloved of Allah Prophet :saws:.

@BilalKid : Awesomeness, kiddo!

:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
:salambox:my imam does mawlid

M.I.A.
12-15-2015, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saif-uddin
Don't know but since Allah tala and his messenger salallahu عليه السلام‎ didn't mention it,

It's irrelevant
I found a website that refers to the wisemen as magi...

Fun maybe not fact of the day.

InToTheRain
12-16-2015, 05:31 PM

‘Say, by Allah’s grace and mercy; and let them be made joyful by this!’ (Yunus, 58.)

And we have never received any mercy greater than the Prophet himself:
‘We sent you only as a mercy to the worlds.’ (Anbiya, 107.)

:salam:

Hope all my brothers, sisters and their families are doing well Insha'Allah :)

Recommended reading on this:

http://masud.co.uk/the-mawlid-the-conservative-view/

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/bida.htm

http://masud.co.uk/the-mawlid-a-time-to-celebrate/

AhmedGassama
12-16-2015, 05:46 PM
Religious people just love to debate about small things, leaving and forgetting the most important things

Each year, we have a small war about various small things like Mawled

As for me, i don't care! I do what i think it's true and i turn away from these discussions that will waste my time

So, don't forget to bring your proofs and fight each others for nothing, i'm waiting...

ardianto
12-16-2015, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmedGassama
Religious people just love to debate about small things, leaving and forgetting the most important things
Please show this photo to them.

M.I.A.
12-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Well, one day when we dont fund wars or pay towards there aftermath...

Then maybe Islamic relief and such like can put a stop to those pictures.

...as I shop keeper I'm wounded that many would turn up as thieves

BeTheChange
12-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Asalamualykum,

What puzzles me is the Muslims who do celebrate Milaad are keen to show they love on this particular day but when you observe the same individuals on 'normal' days no one is keen to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet SAW.

Surely if you love the Prophet SAW you would follow the sunnah regardless of what day it is…

P.S – Am not judging anyone. Just a thought.

M.I.A.
12-16-2015, 07:23 PM
https://youtu.be/Qj3JrYLYCQ8

One of the first verses I learned on ib.. Al-birr

Linkdeutscher
12-16-2015, 09:52 PM
Mawlid is an insult to the Prophet :saws:.

M.I.A.
12-16-2015, 10:02 PM
Now I really want to know how the people of the time celebrated birthdays.. If they did so at all.

IslamicRevival
12-17-2015, 02:24 AM
The Saudi Arabian Government who are the leading pioneers of fiercely attacking the concept of Mawlid are the same people who dance with the likes of Bush and celebrate national day.

Dancing with Bush https://youtu.be/LoRHLrXmqbc
Celebrating National day https://youtu.be/MNgzbcCqj9I

Mawlid is a noble act and if it was forbidden it would have been prohibited. If you don't celebrate, fair enough but do not scream Bidah in such an insulting and arrogant way when there is absolutely no logic to your reasoning. Why are you stopping people from praising our beloved Master and Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him.

aamuslim
12-17-2015, 05:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum,

What puzzles me is the Muslims who do celebrate Milaad are keen to show they love on this particular day but when you observe the same individuals on 'normal' days no one is keen to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet SAW.

Surely if you love the Prophet SAW you would follow the sunnah regardless of what day it is…

P.S – Am not judging anyone. Just a thought.
I had a Christian ask me what I thought about the Christians celebrating Christmas. I asked them what they celebrate it for? He mentioned its to honor the birth of Jesus, etc. (I related that we also have something alike occurring this month, I told them that some will be celebrating the birthday of our Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhe wa sallam.)

To return to his query, I told him I see the celebration by the people as a hypocrisy.. He agreed that people are not practicing their faith for the other 364 days, and that its just come about to remembering for one day and about exchanging gifts, etc.

I referred to history, how we've never celebrated any of the prophets birthday - not of Ibraheem, nor Musa, nor anyone else.. and that not Jesus nor his disciples had performed such celebration. And that for us neither the Prophet sallalahu 'alayhe wasallam nor his companions had performed any such celebration.. Can it be possible that the Sahabah were lacking or missing out in their love and honor for the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhe wa sallam?

Indeed, if we trully love the prophet sallalalhu 'alayhe wa sallam, we should be loving and honoring and following him every day. Not like the Fathers Day and Mothers day that people came up with to love and honor their Mom and Dad for one day, the rest of the days they.. you know better how they act.

Linkdeutscher
12-17-2015, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmedGassama

Each year, we have a small war about various small things like Mawled

As for me, i don't care! I do what i think it's true and i turn away from these discussions that will waste my time

So, don't forget to bring your proofs and fight each others for nothing, i'm waiting...
Mawlid is not a small thing.

No innovation is a small thing which one should simply ignore, let alone Mawlid. Mawlid is one of the greatest innovations and misguidance.

Linkdeutscher
12-17-2015, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
The Saudi Arabian Government who are the leading pioneers of fiercely attacking the concept of Mawlid are the same people who dance with the likes of Bush and celebrate national day.

Dancing with Bush
Celebrating National day

Mawlid is a noble act and if it was forbidden it would have been prohibited
. If you don't celebrate, fair enough but do not scream Bidah in such an insulting and arrogant way when there is absolutely no logic to your reasoning. Why are you stopping people from praising our beloved Master and Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him.
What can kind of flawed logic is that? How can something that didn't even exist be forbidden like wut? Wut are you even??

Mawlid is not praising the Prophet :saws:, it is insulting him. And we won't let people do that.

M.I.A.
12-17-2015, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher
What can kind of flawed logic is that? How can something that didn't even exist be forbidden like wut? Wut are you even??

Mawlid is not praising the Prophet :saws:, it is insulting him. And we won't let people do that.

If the guberment said that.. People would be up in arms.

But its complicated, for instance even though Christmas is debatable in origin and date..

They still televise Christmas mass.

If you go to the mosque and they talk about the prophet pbuh week in and week out..

Then there is probably special mention of him around the time of his birth.. Pbuh.

And for people so far away from it, it is little compensation.

...but I would hazard a guess that you may be correct in part..

No trace of self importance for 1400 years.. Apart from two holy places.

IslamicRevival
12-18-2015, 02:16 PM

In Islam everything is considered lawful unless it is explicitly or implicitly forbidden.
Name a single proof where Mawlid is prohibited. The onus is on you to prove its forbidden.
PS I liked your post in error

ardianto
12-18-2015, 03:13 PM
In Islam everything is considered lawful unless it is explicitly or implicitly forbidden.
Name a single proof where Mawlid is prohibited. The onus is on you to prove its forbidden.
Correction: In ibadah matter, everything is unlawful unless there is evidence that allow it. In muamalah matter, everything is lawful unless there is evidence that prohibit it.

How about celebrating mawlid?. It's depend on what what Muslims do for it. If just giving lecture about Rasulullah life, like in my masjid , it's okay because this is not considered as act of ibadah. But if Muslims do special ritual for mawlid and they feel they have to do it, then this is bid'ah, because there is no evidence in Qur'an or sunnah that say they have to do this act of ibadah.

If anyone want to correcting me, I appreciate. :)

Linkdeutscher
12-18-2015, 04:03 PM
I love how people present their opinions as facts, then quickly write something to follow it up so it won't be questioned.

Who told you everything is lawful unless it is explicitly or implicitly forbidden?

You made this claim, the burden of proof is no you, not I.

So prove this, then I'll show you proof that the filth known as Mawlid is haraam in the pure deen of Allah.

Linkdeutscher
12-18-2015, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Correction: In ibadah matter, everything is unlawful unless there is evidence that allow it. In muamalah matter, everything is lawful unless there is evidence that prohibit it.

How about celebrating mawlid?. It's depend on what what Muslims do for it. If just giving lecture about Rasulullah life, like in my masjid , it's okay because this is not considered as act of ibadah. But if Muslims do special ritual for mawlid and they feel they have to do it, then this is bid'ah, because there is no evidence in Qur'an or sunnah that say they have to do this act of ibadah.

If anyone want to correcting me, I appreciate. :)
If a person attaches special significance to 12 rabi ul awal to do these things, then it's still bid'ah.

If a person just does it, because he just feels like it, or it's just a coincidence, he just treats it like any other day, then it's not bid'ah.

Search
12-18-2015, 04:09 PM

Why can a person not say "La ilaha illallah" to become Muslim? Why "Muhammadur RasulAllah"?

Search
12-18-2015, 04:19 PM

Prophet :saws: narrated: “Allah said: When Adam made the mistake, he asked: 'O Allah! I ask you for the sake of Muhammad to forgive me.' Allah said: 'O Adam! How do you recognize Muhammad when I have not yet created him?' Adam said: 'O Allah! When you created me and blew into me the spirit, I lifted my head and saw written on the `Arsh ‘La ilaaha illallah Muhammadur rasoolullah’.' So, I got to know that you would only join your name with him who is most beloved to you. Allah said: 'O Adam! You have spoken the truth. Indeed Muhammad is more beloved to me than anything and when you asked me for his sake, I pardoned you. If Muhammad was not in existence, I would not have created you'.”

Search
12-18-2015, 04:20 PM

Who is this Prophet Muhammad :saws:?

Search
12-18-2015, 04:23 PM

Allah SWT said in the Holy Qur'an:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا

inna-Llaha wa malaa'ikatahu yusalloona `ala 'n-nabi, yaa ayyuhal-ladheena aamanoo salloo `alayhi was sallimoo tasleema.
Verily, Allah and His angels send praise on the Prophet. O Believers! Pray upon him and greet him. (al-'Ahzaab, 33:56)

Search
12-18-2015, 04:24 PM

Who or what is Prophet Muhammad :saws:?

Search
12-18-2015, 04:26 PM

Jabir ibn `Abd Allah said to the Prophet :saws:: "O Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be sacrificed for you, tell me of the first thing Allah created before all things." He said: "O Jabir, the first thing Allah created was the light of your Prophet from His light, and that light remained in the midst of His Power for as long as He wished, and there was not, at that time, a Tablet or a Pen or a Paradise or a Fire or an angel or a heaven or an earth. And when Allah wished to create creation, he divided that Light into four parts and from the first made the Pen, from the second the Tablet, from the third the Throne, [and from the fourth everything else]."

Search
12-18-2015, 04:30 PM

Allah SWT said in Holy Qur'an::

لَوْ أَنزَلْنَا هَذَا الْقُرْآنَ عَلَى جَبَلٍ لَّرَأَيْتَهُ خَاشِعًا مُّتَصَدِّعًا مِّنْ خَشْيَةِ اللَّهِ
law anzalnaa haadhaa al-Qur’ana `alaa jabalin la-ra'aytahu khaashi`aan mutasaddi`an min khashyatillah.
If We had caused this Qur'an to descend upon a mountain (O Muhammad), verily you would have seen it humbled, rent asunder by the fear of Allah. (Al-Hashr, 59:21)

Search
12-18-2015, 04:31 PM

How come Allah SWT sent the Holy Qur'an onto the heart of Prophet Muhammad :saws: who did not fall apart?

Who is this Prophet Muhammad :saws:?

IslamicRevival
12-18-2015, 04:45 PM
I love how people present their opinions as facts, then quickly write something to follow it up so it won't be questioned.

Who told you everything is lawful unless it is explicitly or implicitly forbidden?

You made this claim, the burden of proof is no you, not I.

So prove this, then I'll show you proof that the filth known as Mawlid is haraam in the pure deen of Allah.

The words you use to describe Mawlid are disturbing, a tragedy thus this discussion ends here. Mawlid is celebrated in all corners of the world not only in this month but all year around regardless of your opinion.

Assalatu wassalamu alayka Ya Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhi wasallam.

Search
12-18-2015, 04:47 PM

Supernatural events witnessed during the birth of Prophet Muhammad :saws: and miraculous events occurred at the night he was born?

From the narrations by his mother:

Mother to Prophet :saws:, Amina, who was deemed worthy of such a unique honor that no any other mother ever was, describes that blissful moment as follows:
“Someone came towards me in my dream in the sixth month of my pregnancy and said: “O Amina! Know that you are pregnant to the most decent person of the universe. When you give birth to him, name him Muhammad and do not tell about it to anyone!” Then the time for birth came. My father-in-law was away, performing Hajj. I was at home. Suddenly I heard a voice. I felt as if I would melt with horror. It was there. A white bird appeared and came to me; and it patted my back with its wing. I did not feel any fear or anxiety from then on. I had a look around. They were serving me syrup in a white jug. As soon as I drank it, I was covered with a sea of light. And Mohammad was born.”

Amina tells us about afterbirth as follows: “I saw a flag in the east, a flag in the west and a flag on the Qaaba. The birth was over. I looked at the baby. He was on sajdah (prostration) and his finger was raised up towards sky. Then a white cloud came down and swaddled the baby. I heard a voice: Show him around the east and the west, show the seas, so that creatures will know Muhammad with his name, his title and his face.Then the cloud disappeared away.”

Also at the same night, Amina saw a divine light and in the brightness of that light, she watched palaces and mansions in Damascus.

Observations by Midwives Shifa and Fatima

At the time the Prophet Mohammad :saws: was born, Shifa who was Abdurrahman bin Awf’s mother and Fatima who was Uthman bin Abul’l As’s mother were together with the reverend mother. Shifa, who was one of the midwives, described her observations at that time as follows:

“I was there when The Messenger of Allah was born. I quickly came there for help. I heard a voice: “May Allah’s mercy be upon him.” The distance between the south and the north was filled with divine light. And I saw some palaces of Byzantine in that light. Then I took the Messenger of Allah in my arms and started to suckle him. I started to tremble and almost fainted. The baby disappeared in front of my eyes. A voice asked: ‘Where has he gone?’ Another one replied: ‘They took him to the east.’

I never forgot those words. Therefore, as soon as the Messenger of Allah declared his prophethood I went to him and accepted his faith together with the first Muslims.” (1)

Fatima said that the house where the birth took place was filled with divine light and the stars in the sky seemed as if they would fall into the house. (2)

Another specialty of Prophet Mohammad was that he was born circumcised and his umbilical cord was already cut off. (3) There was “The seal of prophethood” between his shoulder blades on his back, just in the line with his heart. It was formed by hairy, raised and reddish freckles which looked like pearls and it was in the size of a partridge egg. The seal was a sign indicating that he was the last prophet being awaited for a long time.

Saib bin Yazid, one of the Companions, tells about the seal as follows: “When I was a child, my aunt took me to the Prophet and said: O Messenger of Allah, there is a pain in my nephew’s foot.

The Messenger of Allah patted my head with his hand and prayed for me. Then he took ablution. I drank from the ablution water. Then I stood behind him and I saw the seal of prophethood between his shoulders; it was as big as the huge buttons of the tent (or a partridge egg).”

Describing the Messenger of Allah :saws:, Ali r.a. (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “He was broad between his shoulder blades and it was obvious that he was the last prophet from the seal of prophethood between his shoulder blades.”

Search
12-18-2015, 05:06 PM

Allah SWT said in Holy Qur'an:
سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي أَسْرَى بِعَبْدِهِ لَيْلاً مِّنَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ الأَقْصَى الَّذِي بَارَكْنَا حَوْلَهُ لِنُرِيَهُ
مِنْ آيَاتِنَا إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ البَصِيرُ

Subhaan-alladhee asraa bi `abdihi laylan min al-masjid al-haraam ila 'l-masjidi 'l-aqsaa 'Lladhee baaraknaa hawlahu li-nooriyahu min ayaatinaa innahu huwa ‘s-samee`u 'l- baseer.

Glory be to He Who transported His servant by night from the Inviolable House of Worship (at Mecca) to the Remote House of Worship (at Jerusalem), the environs of which We had blessed so that We might show him some of Our symbols, for verily He Alone is All-Hearing, All-Seeing. (Surat al-'Israa, 17:1)

Search
12-18-2015, 05:11 PM

It is our aqeeda (belief) that Prophet :saws: traveled physically with the invitation of Allah SWT comprising of Isra’ and Mi’raaj (the Prophet’s Night Journey and Ascent into heaven), two great signs of Allah about the greatness of his status before Allah.

Search
12-18-2015, 05:18 PM

Prophet Yahya alayhis salaam was saying about his own birthday which Allah talks about him saying the Holy Qur'an:
وَسَلَامٌ عَلَيْهِ يَوْمَ وُلِدَ وَيَوْمَ يَمُوتُ وَيَوْمَ يُبْعَثُ حَيًّا
wa salaamun `alayhi yawma wulida wayawma yamootu wayawma yub`athu haayyaa
"And may peace and blessings be upon the day he was born..." (Surah Maryam 19:15)

So, Prophet Yahya alayhis salaam can say that about his birth date, yet Muslims cannot say that for the most honorable creation Prophet Muhammad :saws:?

Search
12-18-2015, 05:26 PM

Muhammad basharun wa laysa ka ‘l-bashari huwa yaaqootatun wa naasu ka ‘l-hajari.
Muhammad is a man, but not like other men! He is a gem and human beings are stones.
(Shaykh Muhammad al-Busayri, Burdat ash-Shareefah)

Search
12-18-2015, 05:35 PM
^^^

The miraculous story of the composer of the line "Muhammad is a man, but not like other men! He is a gem and human beings are stones:"

The reason for writing Qaseedah Burdah Shareef :
The writer HAZRAT IMAAM SAALIH SHARA-FUD-DEEN ABU ABDULIAH MUHAMMAD
BIN HASAN AL-BUSAIRI R.A had become paralysed. His doctors and
physicians gave up all hope of his recovery. Eventually in this state
of complete helplessness and despair he composed this poem expressing
the grandeur and excellence of Sayyidina Rasuluallah Sallallhu Alayhi
Wasallam. Using this as his sole means of asking Allah Ta'alaa to cure
him from his illness. He isolated himself in a quiet place one
Thursday night and with complete devotion, concentration and
sincerity/ began reciting this poem. While reciting it sleep overcame
him. He had a vision of Sayyidina. Rasuluallah Sallallhu Alayhi
Wasallam. He told Sayyidina Rasuluallah Sallallhu Alayhi Wasallam of
his illness whereupon Sayyidina Rasuluallah Sallallhu Alayhi Wasallam
passed his blessed hand over Imam Busairi's body. Through the barakat
and blessing of Sayyidina, Rasuluallah Sallallhu Alayhi Wasallam Allah
Ta’alaa granted him complete cure from his paralysis. When he awoke he
found a scarf or shawl on his body which he had seen Sayyidina
Rasuluallah Sallallhu Alayhi Wasallam place on his paralysed limbs.
This resulted in the poem being named "Qasidah Burdah" (The Poem of
the Scarf).

In the morning when due to some necessity. he went to the bazaar, a
pious dervish greeted him with salaam and requested him to recite the
qasidah which he had composed in praise of Sayyidina Rasuluallah
Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam The poet said that I have composed many
poems in praise of Rasuluallah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam, which one
do you wish to hear? The dervish replied: 'The one which begins with,
A-min Tazak-kurin (i.e. Qasidah Burdah)". Upon this request the poet
became wonder struck and said, "I take an oath that no one knows about
this poem. Tell me the truth, from whom did you hear about it?" The
dervish replied, "I take an oath by Allah that I heard it from you
last night when in a dream you had recited it to Sayyidina Rasulullah
Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam, whereupon Sayyidina Rasuluallah Sallallahu
Alayhi Wasallam became attentive towards you and because of its
blessings Allah Ta'alaa granted you complete cure from your ailment".
When the poet gave this poem to the dervish his secret became known to
all the people and its barakat and blessings too became general for all.

When this poem reached Baha-ud-deen the governor of the country named
Tahir, he so highly regarded and respected it that he would stand
while listening to it.

It is also narrated that Sa'aadud-deen Farouqi, who was a viceroy of
Baha-ud-deen, had became blind. In a dream he saw a pious person who
told him to take the Qasidah Burdah from Baha-ud-deen and place it on
his eyes. In the morning he told Baha-ud-deen about this dream. The
Qasidah Burdah was brought and with full sincerity and conviction
Sa'aadud-deen placed it on his eyes. Through its barakat Allah Ta'alaa
granted him complete cure and restored his eyesight.

Search
12-18-2015, 05:45 PM

What did Prophet :saws: say about the one one who recites salawat/durood upon him :saws:?

Ubai bin Ka’ab (may Allah be pleased with him)[....] said; ‘I said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, I supplicate often, so how much of my supplication should I devote to you?’ He replied, ‘as you desire’. I said, ‘a quarter of it?’ He said ‘as you desire, but if you were to increase upon this, it would be better for you.’ I said, ‘half of it?’ He said, ‘as you desire, but if you were to increase upon this, it would be better for you.’ I said, ‘two-thirds of it?’ He said again, ‘as you desire, but if you were to increase upon this, it would be better for you.’ Finally I said, ‘and if I dedicate my supplication in its entirety to you?’ He said, ‘then your needs will be satisfied, and your sins forgiven.’

Search
12-18-2015, 05:56 PM

Who here has a paperback or hardcover version of the Quran?
Who here has ever read tarawih in congregation?
Who here has used the online version of the Quran on their android?
Who here has athan/azan app?

By narrow definition and comprehension of the term bida, these can be considered "bida" too.

The Prophet :saws: said, “He who inaugurates a good practice (sunnatun ħasana) in Islam earns the reward of it, and of all who perform it after him, without diminishing their own rewards in the least…” (Muslim.)

The Prophet :saws: comprehended that new situations would arise, and thus gave Muslims the ability to adopt new applications of Islamic law if they were beneficial to the community.

Among numerous other examples of how applications of law have changed is the assembly of the Holy Qur’ān, which during the Prophet’s lifetime consisted of loose pages in chronological sequence of divine revelation. The third caliph, Uthmān, took the initiative to assemble the revealed verses in the book format we have today.As the Prophet :saws: had never indicated this should be done, or done so himself, Uthmān’s act was an innovation. He introduced the notion of change, and thereby established a precedent for what would be considered good or useful innovations in religion.

In the early days of Islam, slavery was permitted as a vestige of the preexisting social structure. At the same time, Islam introduced many safeguards for the rights of slaves and Muslims were encouraged to free them to expiate their sins. But it was not until later that scholars voted to abolish slavery altogether.

In Ramadan, the Muslims around the world gather in mosques to pray a nightly congregational prayer known as ‘tarāwīħ.’ This was not practiced in this manner in the lifetime of the Prophet :saws:, but later implemented as a means to preserve brotherhood among Muslims, and revive their spirits to fast the next day.

Similarly, when MuƸaffar al-Kawkubūrī noticed love for the Prophet :saws: was diminishing, he introduced the public observance of the Prophet’s birthday (mawlid), spending thousands of gold dinars for the event. The scholars of his time defended his act as something good.

InToTheRain
12-18-2015, 07:36 PM
Ikhwan wa Akhwat,

Allah Most High Himself commemorated the birth of His Beloved(SAW):
https://seekerofthesacredknowledge.w...irth%E2%80%8F/

Allah Most High encourages us to praise him(SAW):
Almighty Allah says: "Surely Allah and His Angels send blessings on the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). O you who believe! Send Blessings (Durood) and Salutations (Salaams) on the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) with worthy Salutation". [Surah al-Ahzab 33: Verse 56]

Mohammad(SAW) himself fasted on Mondays, one of the reasons for which he did this was because he was born on that day:
"In a Hadith narrated by Abu Qatada Ansari (rad), Allah's Messenger (SAW) was asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: ‘It is (the day) when I was born and revelation was sent down to me.’ (Muslim, Book 6, No. 2606).

The Sahabas themselves were pioneers in taking the initiative to show love and appreciation for Mohammad(SAW). Where is it in the Qur'an and books of Hadith do you find commands to capture the water that was dripping from the Ablution of Mohammad(SAW)? Where are the instructions that they should make a queue to take the hair of Mohammad(SAW) when it was cut? Did Mohammad(SAW) ask "Sword of Allah" Khalid ibn Al Waleed(RA) to attach his hair to his Turban for blessings? How many of you would be crying Bida and Shirk at him for doing so? I do not really celebrate the birth of others but the exceptions is Mohammad(SAW) and it appears that Sahabas were more than aware of this fact; that Mohammad(SAW) is an exceptional.

Also you do not need proof from Sahabah an action is good before you do it; We know the Ulema were too busy drying their pens with the details of what was left from Mohammad(SAW) instead. But the most probable reason why they didn't bother write about this particular practice is because it's so blatantly obvious that it is a good thing that they saw no reason to write it! If I see an old lady struggling to cross the road I do not need proof now find proof the Sahaba(RA) did it because I know such acts encouraged by the teachings of Qur'an and Sunnah, The Onus is on the who thinks it's wrong to provide proof that it is wrong.

“In Sharh Usul al-Bazdawi of al-allama al-Akmal: ‘the majority of our colleagues (among the Hanafis) and the majority of the Shafi’is have said that matters which admit of permissibility or prohibition in the Sharia before its transmission remain permissible, and that is the basic presumption regarding them… so they deemed permissibility the basis, and prohibition is by demonstrating negation…’” Rad al-Muhtar, Imam Ibn Abidin

And so the question shouldn’t be, “Did the Sahaba celebrate Mawlid?”, rather it should be, “Is there any indication from the Sahaba that celebrating the birth of the Messenger of God (Allah bless him and grant him peace) is a bad thing?”
http://muslimvillage.com/2014/12/27/...ebrate-mawlid/

We also learn from the acts of Sahaba(RA) that Mohammad(SAW) does not stop acts which are done out of love for him as he knows Allah Most High is pleased with this and it draws them closer to Allah Most High. Mohammad(SAW) advised Umar(RA) in order to draw closer to Allah Most High he must change the priority of whom he loves.

As for saying the celebration is the same as Christmas that is not true. There is no restriction on how you choose to commemorate this day as mentioned in the articles I provided before on this thread. Also Last time I checked there were no reports of a fat burly bloke in red with reindeers at Mawlid gatherings :D

As for commemorating days where Allah Most High showed Mercy than this is Proven Sunnah. It is Sunnah to fast the day Allah Most High Saved Bani Israel from Pharoah (day of Ashura). The Jews also do this practice so in order to differentiate ourselves we fast an extra day. So are we now to stop to fasting on Ashura because it resembles the practice of Jews? In fact Imam Jalal Uddin Suyuti(RA) used this as evidence for Mawlid: He(Imam Suyuti(RA)) found strong evidence for Meelad Shareef in "Sahih al-Bukhari" and "Sahih Muslim". It is that when the Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) migrated to Madinah, he saw the Jews fasting on Ashura (i.e. the 10th of Muharram). He enquired from them as to reason for this. They told him that Ashura is that day on which Allah Ta'ala has caused Pharaoh to drown, and granted Musa (alaihis-salaam) deliverance from him, and that they (the Jews) therefore fast (on that day) out of gratitude to Allah Ta'ala.

Do I think I am better than people he do not practice Mawlid? Of course not. That is for Allah Most High to Judge. However I do think those who do not practice are depriving themselves of the blessings they could have acquired by partaking in it. Just like some those who deprive themselves of blessings of Teraweeh prayer by not partaking in it.

Some of you have observed that there are people who go to Mawlids but do not practice Sunnah daily; this could be true and we hope that they mend their ways after being inspired in Mawlid gatherings OR at the very least due to this day they did some good where otherwise they would not have done. However it would be incorrect to wipe them all with the same brush as I myself have observed those whom I regard the most pious in our current times participate in it. I have also seen Sunni Ulema whose works I admire not participate in it but I do not agree with their opinion.

And if the Ayats of Qur'an and Hadiths are not enough than know that the Ulema of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'a all agree that there more than one type of Bidah/Innovation (See articles i posted in my previous post) and an innovation which embodies the spirit of Islam and propagates Islam and instils love for Mohammad(SAW) is recommended so long as it complies with Shariah. The objection some Sunni Ulema have is that Haram things (Music/Free mixing) take place in "some" of these gatherings and indeed if this is the case it becomes reprehensible. I believe this was the driving force why Deoabandi Ulema discouraged it even though the teachers of the founder of Deoband practiced it (e.g. Shah WaliUllah Dehlevi(RA)). However even they themselves say if the gathering where to take place compliant to Shariah law it is highly virtuous and rewarding. Just because weeds grow around a flower you do not take the flower out but rather work on removing the weeds.

Some Sunni Ulema also differ on the date but admit the Ijmaa of Ulema is with 12th Rabi Ul Awwal. This is further proven by fact most Muslim nations have declared this day a national celebration. And it is the belief of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'a that one of the many blessings conferred on the Ummah of Mohammad(SAW) is that the Ijmaa of the Ummah would not unite upon falsehood

"Allah will never let my Ummah agree upon misguidance, and the hand of Allah is over the group (Jama'ah), so follow the great mass of believers (Sawad ul-'Azam), and whoever dissents from them departs to hell(al-Tirmidhi (4/2167) a narration authenticated and reported by al-Hakim (1/116), and al-Dhahabi agreed with him, Scholars explained that Sawad al Azam here refers to great Ulama.

AS Mufti al-Khazraji said 'Celebrating the Mawlid is a recommended practice, especially in this difficult age of ours"

Linkdeutscher
12-18-2015, 11:25 PM
The words you use to describe Mawlid are disturbing, a tragedy thus this discussion ends here. Mawlid is celebrated in all corners of the world not only in this month but all year around regardless of your opinion.

Assalatu wassalamu alayka Ya Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhi wasallam.
And that doesn't change the fact in the slightest that it's nothing more than a filthy innovation - inserted into the deen of Allah.

Search
12-18-2015, 11:51 PM

Pause.

Please reflect In-sha-Allah.

You may have the last word here with your post in response to bro Vision, but I noticed he had the best last words a la his statement "Assalatu wassalamu alayka Ya Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhi wasallam."

And that doesn't change the fact in the slightest that it's nothing more than a filthy innovation - inserted into the deen of Allah.

Linkdeutscher
12-19-2015, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search

Pause.

Please reflect In-sha-Allah.

You may have the last word here with your post in response to bro Vision, but I noticed he had the best last words a la his statement "Assalatu wassalamu alayka Ya Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhi wasallam."

Reflect on what? I will not tolerate people inserting innovations into the deen. All innovations are misguidance and all misguidance is in the fire. The end.

Search
12-19-2015, 01:31 AM

Please In-sha-Allah read post #45 for clarification - thank you in advance.

Reflect on what? I will not tolerate people inserting innovations into the deen. All innovations are misguidance and all misguidance is in the fire. The end.

Mr.President
12-19-2015, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by saif-uddin
https://islamqa.info/en/249

Mawlid is Biddah,

None of the Sahaba radiallahu anhum ever practiced it nor condoned it.

جزاك الله خيرا
Coudlnt agree more, but its sad to see even scholars endrosing thia ritual, this has now become a worship, its not just do it halaal way simple :(

Mr.President
12-19-2015, 06:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Saw this quote, which is so true subhan Allah.

"No matter what your position is about the mawlid ceremony, Remember that Prophet :saws: would never want us to be insulting and hating on one another."
True but if it falls under bida then its a big damage, pro mawlid and anti mawlid guys can agree on one thingnthat it was created after the prophets and companions time

Even if we consoder mawlid as a gray area the best practice for a believer is that he should refrain from the gray area

Sheik yasir says not to celebrate mawlid in a wrong way, farhan u should see what i have seen here its like muslim night club

Samiun
12-19-2015, 06:58 AM
Well I know an Ulama who allows it so debate ends there for me. I have no knowledge on such matters.

I fell into this trap too when I was still new to the Islamic world and regularly check fatwas 'online' but little do I realize there's differences of opinion and I began to start to subconciously label people acting on mawlid as misguided or acting on 'bid'ah'.

IslamicRevival
12-19-2015, 12:20 PM
The Sahaba used the wudu water of the Prophet (Salaal Laahu Alaihi Wa Salaam) as blessing.

“The Holy Prophet (Salaal Laahu Alaihi Wa Salaam) was once with us and the companions were in his company. He (salaal Laahu alaihi wa salaam) performed wudhu. The companions stood around the Holy Prophet (Salaal Laahu Alaihi Wa Salaam) and raced to catch a drop of the water on their hands! They did not let a drop touch the floor. Each drop of water that they caught was rubbed on their faces and chest. (Abu Bakr, Uthman, Umar Ali, and the rest of the sahaba (Allah be pleased with them) were doing this. It was the collective sunnah of the sahaba to do this.) Whoever missed the chance to catch a drop of the water rubbed their hands with the sahaba who caught a drop, and then rubbed this all over their faces and bodies. Why? Just to get the moisture of the holy water.” (Sahih Bukhari by Abu Juhaifa)

This is Mawlid. To learn, reflect, and better oneself spiritually to become closer to Allah and his Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam.

M.I.A.
12-19-2015, 12:38 PM
Does anybody have any data on the history of the event..

It can't be just a recent innovation... Lol innovation..

There have been plenty of Muslim empires, some documentation or tradition should exist...

2013 the invention of black Friday in England.. Wut.. I was there

Insaanah
12-19-2015, 04:15 PM

Why can a person not say "La ilaha illallah" to become Muslim? Why "Muhammadur RasulAllah"?
Because, accepting the Prophet :saws: wholeheartedly and obeying him :saws: unconditionally, is a condition for our faith. Without this, we cannot be Muslim. We must take what he :saws: gave us, leave what he :saws: forbade us, and follow his :saws: beautiful example, and after him, that of his rightly guided companions, and those who learnt from them. We should love him :saws: as much as we can, in the way he :saws: taught us we should, and not any ways invented after him :saws:. Nobody loved him :saws: more than his companions (may Allah be pleased with them), and we should pray and try that we may follow their example and love him the same way they did, which he approved of. We should ask Allah to save us from overstepping the mark, as the Prophet :saws: told us to avoid. and truly, the way to love him is beautifully spelled out in the Qur'an, in Allah's own words, commanded by Allah to the Prophet :saws; to say:

Say [O Muhammad, saws]: If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (Qur'an, Surah Aale Imraan, surah 3, ayah 51)

Prophet :saws: narrated: “Allah said: When Adam made the mistake, he asked: 'O Allah! I ask you for the sake of Muhammad to forgive me.' Allah said: 'O Adam! How do you recognize Muhammad when I have not yet created him?' Adam said: 'O Allah! When you created me and blew into me the spirit, I lifted my head and saw written on the `Arsh ‘La ilaaha illallah Muhammadur rasoolullah’.' So, I got to know that you would only join your name with him who is most beloved to you. Allah said: 'O Adam! You have spoken the truth. Indeed Muhammad is more beloved to me than anything and when you asked me for his sake, I pardoned you. If Muhammad was not in existence, I would not have created you'.”
Reports that say the Earth was created for the Prophet :saws: are either extremely weak or fabricated, and not sound. See:
https://www.islamweb.net/newislamweb...ayhi-wa-sallam
http://islamqa.info/en/23290

Jabir ibn `Abd Allah said to the Prophet :saws:: "O Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be sacrificed for you, tell me of the first thing Allah created before all things." He said: "O Jabir, the first thing Allah created was the light of your Prophet from His light, and that light remained in the midst of His Power for as long as He wished, and there was not, at that time, a Tablet or a Pen or a Paradise or a Fire or an angel or a heaven or an earth. And when Allah wished to create creation, he divided that Light into four parts and from the first made the Pen, from the second the Tablet, from the third the Throne, [and from the fourth everything else]."
The above "hadeeth" is a fabrication falsely atrributted to the Prophet :saws: and to Jaabir (may Allah be pleased with him)

"Moreover it is proven that the angels are the ones who were created from light, not any of the sons of Adam. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The angels were created from light, and Iblees was created from smokeless fire, and Adam (peace be upon him) was created from what has been described to you.” Narrated by Muslim, 2996. "

"This indicates that the well known hadeeth (report) that is in circulation among people – “The first thing that Allaah created was the light of your Prophet, O Jaabir” – is false, and so are other similar ahaadeeth (narrations) which say that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was created from light. This hadeeth clearly indicates that the angels are the only ones who are created from light, not Adam and his sons, so pay heed and do not be negligent."

http://islamqa.info/en/75395

"It is a fabricated Hadeeth"

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=83805

Prophet Yahya alayhis salaam was saying about his own birthday which Allah talks about him saying the Holy Qur'an:
وَسَلَامٌ عَلَيْهِ يَوْمَ وُلِدَ وَيَوْمَ يَمُوتُ وَيَوْمَ يُبْعَثُ حَيًّا
wa salaamun `alayhi yawma wulida wayawma yamootu wayawma yub`athu haayyaa
"And may peace and blessings be upon the day he was born..." (Surah Maryam 19:15)

So, Prophet Yahya alayhis salaam can say that about his birth date, yet Muslims cannot say that for the most honorable creation Prophet Muhammad :saws:?
The day of ones birth, is entirely different from making an annual celebration called birthday, be it ours, Jesus alayhissalaam, or Prophet Muhammad's :saws:.

Jazaakumullahu khayr.

M.I.A.
12-19-2015, 05:14 PM
...how bout wedding anniversaries?

Mr.President
12-19-2015, 05:21 PM

M.I.A.
12-19-2015, 05:49 PM
I am the middle ground erring on caution..

I would think that personal or private celebration in a religious manner is OK.. Attending mosque.

But a public showing is not OK, as it will only lead to moderates erring on the side of enjoyment to corrupt the event... In the long run.

That being said, this is only my personal view on the subject.. Simply based on a cost/benefit perspective.

One should simply just blend in and not cause a fuss.

My views are not based on the bidah line of questioning.

Although I have to ask why the direction of kiblah was changed?

InToTheRain
12-19-2015, 11:32 PM

I believe Mawlid gatherings really shot off during the time of Salah Uddin Ayubi(RA). There was a
huge fitna at the time with Christians dissuading people from joining Islam by saying Isa(AS) was
greater because of his miraculous birth, speaking from the womb and not having to wait 40 years to
start his mission. So to counteract this the Mawlid gatherings were encouraged where the Miracles
around the birth of Mohammad(SAW) and his tremendous nature is mentioned:
http://askaquestionto.us/question-an...-mawlid-alnabi

As for the Fatwa from Riyadh, it's clear where his allegiance lies:
"Saudi Arabia does celebrate Youm-ul-Watani (National Day of Saudi Arabia). Television stations
telecast special programs and newspapers print special editions and private companies give their
employees a day off. I have never seen any Saudi scholar’s fatwa against the celebration of Saudi
National Day. But they are very quick in giving Fatwa against Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi. Did Prophet
(Peace be upon him) OR his companions (May Allah be pleased with them) ever celebrated the
establishment of the Islamic state of Madinah? Saudi scholars, who oppose the celebration of
Prophet’s birthday, gave Fatwa for justifying US troops in Saudi Arabia but they can not issue a
Fatwa against the Bid’a that is committed by their own government and by them. That is a real
distortion of Islam"

http://www.islamicsupremecouncil.com...milad-un-nabi/

Although extravagance during Mawlid should be avoided as it defeats the purpose.

Bro M.I.A

Regarding the change of Qibla directions you can find it here:
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...d=321&Itemid=1

Also as Muslims we do not celebrate birthdays or anniversaries because:
1) Allah Most High does not give that day any significance
2) There is no guarantee Allah Most High will be pleased with whatever you are Commemorating.

You shouldn't hold any person or created being in the same pedestal as Mohammad(SAW) in general.
It was narrated (in part of the hadith) that Ubayy ibn Ka’b said:
I said: O Messenger of Allah, I send blessings upon you a great deal; how much of my prayer (dua) should be for you? He said: “Whatever you wish.”
I said: One quarter? He said: “Whatever you wish, and if you do more it is better for you.”
I said: Half? He said: “Whatever you wish, and if you do more it is better for you.”
I said: Two thirds? He said: “Whatever you wish, and if you do more it is better for you.”
I said: Should I make all my du’aa’ for you? He said: “Then your concerns will be taken care of and your sins will be forgiven.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2457);

A mute point:

As far as I know Mohammad(SAW) is Nurul-Bashar (made from Light and as well the same elements of Men). There is also
differences in opinion over whether he had a shadow or not. Suffice it so say these opinions exist
and I don't think Allah Most High will question us on.

What is interesting is that Angels made purely from light can show the same physical qualities as
Men. For example Azrail(AS) had his eyes knocked out by Musa(AS). Gibraeel(AS) came in the form of
a Sahaba and no one could tell the difference.

BlueOwl358
12-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Regardless of anything, can we all agree that fireworks in the middle of the night are annoying as hell?

I feel that it depends on what constitutes the celebration, and whether that act is common on other days or done only on that specific day. Going to the mosque, or listening to lectures or sending Darood. Sure. But as you do something which is not even a thing of the religion, let alone the Prophet (pbuh), like asking for intercession, that is obviously un-Islamic.

The thing we are really debating, is it deserving to be a holiday or a day of noticeable speciality, like Eid for example. Well I don't feel so. We already have Eid, why should we have extra holidays. I personally remember the Prophet more on Eid than his birthday anyway, since Eid is his religion's holiday, and he only celebrated Eid.

It was authentically reported that Anas ibn Maalik may Allaah be pleased with him narrated that when the Prophet, came to Al-Madeenah, the people had two days on which they engaged in amusement. He asked: “What are these two days (what is their significance)?” They said: “We celebrated them in the pre-Islamic era.” The Messenger of Allaah, said: “Verily, Allaah has given you something better in place of them: the Day of Al-Adh-ha and the Day of Al-Fitr.” [Ahmad]

I also do not think he would have accepted us celebrating his birthday, considering how humble he was. I mean seriously, it would be more humiliating that people are clapping for you or singing for you, to him, than anything else. Is this even a question.

Ibn Abbas reported: I heard Umar upon the pulpit saying the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do not exalt me as the Christians have exalted the son of Mary. Verily, I am only a servant, so call me the servant of Allah and his messenger.” (Sahih Bukhari 3261)

As to attributing qualities of being above human to him, how does that even make any logical sense? How can humans of any kind not have any shadow or have light in them, that makes no sense whatsoever. All humans are children of Adam. We have different skin colors because the genetics were fed into Adam, how can someone actually be made of light. That makes no sense. Mohammad isn't some pre-universal angel or something. There is no authentic hadith that points to that. He didn't change forms and become angels all the time, only angels and Jinn can change forms. That is the whole point of being human. People need to have more common sense and not become overly fanatical of someone.

And if someone wants to send sweets to someone else, you should be doing that all the time instead of once a year!

Finally, the belief of having Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) be above humanity, would automatically make him better than everyone else, which is also un-Islamic! The other Prophets (pbut) also had beyond human miracles. Jesus (pbuh) hasn't died for two thousand years, and Solomon (pbuh) had a kingdom of huge fiery demons that could cross continents in seconds, and Moses (pbuh) will be the first to wake on Judgement Day, before even Prophet Mohammad (pbuh). That hadith also says that do not compare the Prophets. How does our Prophet automatically become the reason for creation without any reliable source.

Do not make the prophets better than one another. Source: Sahih Bukhari 2281
No servant should say that I am better than Jonah son of Mata. Source: Sahih Bukhari 3234
Whoever says that I am better than Jonah son of Mata has told a lie. Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi, 3245

PEACE!

M.I.A.
12-20-2015, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by InToTheRain
Did Prophet
(Peace be upon him) OR his companions (May Allah be pleased with them) ever celebrated the
establishment of the Islamic state of Madinah?
friday has been made a day of celebration although i do not know when this occurred.

..im not a historian so i thank you for your post.

KhalidDaPoet
12-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

We have to respect each other's opinion on such matters. Both sides have evidence and support. Myself, I follow the Hanafi fiqh jurisprudence and am a student of the other three madhabs. Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad is from the Shafiee school of thought. He explains in all four madhabs you have different classifications of bid'ah.

You have unlawful, not recommended, recommended, etc. The ruling in all four madhabs (at least one opinion) is that the Mawlid is a good bid'ah. I am not going to get in a debate of evidence and/or support. This is one valid opinion.

Hope it helps

Mr.President
12-20-2015, 07:33 PM
one guy brings chicken to a group and says it not sure about the halal thing i *think* i heard thr chef say its halal

Person 1 in group - if the chef said that its halal im okay with having it

Person 2/inda group - ive been having chicken done by this chef ive never asked that question but its chiken u know its allowed in islam but pig is haram yo its chicken im okay with havin it

Person 3 - avoids the food cuz its doubtful

Im the third

M.I.A.
12-20-2015, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
one guy brings chicken to a group and says it not sure about the halal thing i *think* i heard thr chef say its halal

Person 1 in group - if the chef said that its halal im okay with having it

Person 2/inda group - ive been having chicken done by this chef ive never asked that question but its chiken u know its allowed in islam but pig is haram yo its chicken im okay with havin it

Person 3 - avoids the food cuz its doubtful

Im the third
...and then the boss sacked me (true story) I'm not looking through my old posts.

...they make me cringe.

I don't know if there is a lesson to be learned from this.

Well at least it wasn't red meat..

Although that's no justification..

Not if your eating in a restaurant anyway.

InToTheRain
12-21-2015, 11:25 AM
:salam: Bro BlueOwl :)

format_quote Originally Posted by BlueOwl358
Regardless of anything, can we all agree that fireworks in the middle of the night are annoying as hell?
Not all Mawlids are conducted the same way. As I mentioned extravagance should be avoided.

I feel that it depends on what constitutes the celebration, and whether that act is common on other days or done only on that specific day. Going to the mosque, or listening to lectures or sending Darood. Sure. But as you do something which is not even a thing of the religion, let alone the Prophet (pbuh), like asking for intercession, that is obviously un-Islamic.
I am not sure what you mean by intercession here. Explain to me what is said and how it is Un-Islamic?

The thing we are really debating, is it deserving to be a holiday or a day of noticeable speciality, like Eid for example. Well I don't feel so. We already have Eid, why should we have extra holidays. I personally remember the Prophet more on Eid than his birthday anyway, since Eid is his religion's holiday, and he only celebrated Eid.

It was authentically reported that Anas ibn Maalik may Allaah be pleased with him narrated that when the Prophet, came to Al-Madeenah, the people had two days on which they engaged in amusement. He asked: “What are these two days (what is their significance)?” They said: “We celebrated them in the pre-Islamic era.” The Messenger of Allaah, said: “Verily, Allaah has given you something better in place of them: the Day of Al-Adh-ha and the Day of Al-Fitr.” [Ahmad]
Friday is also another day of Eid:
http://www.deenislam.co.uk/friday.htm

As for Mawlid these are reasons why I believe it wasn't made official:
1) Mohammad(SAW) didn't want to burden the Ummah on his account
2) It would defeat the purpose of the day which should be done out of Love for him if we are forced to show him Love.

Just like Participation of Teraweeh. Had Mohammad(SAW) wished it would've have been made Fard. He intentionally stopped praying it because he didn't want to burden the Ummah with additional duties.

I also do not think he would have accepted us celebrating his birthday, considering how humble he was. I mean seriously, it would be more humiliating that people are clapping for you or singing for you, to him, than anything else. Is this even a question.

Ibn Abbas reported: I heard Umar upon the pulpit saying the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do not exalt me as the Christians have exalted the son of Mary. Verily, I am only a servant, so call me the servant of Allah and his messenger.” (Sahih Bukhari 3261)
The Christians say Jesus is God; No one in Mawlid says Mohammad(SAW) is Allah Most High.

Also Mohammad(SAW) was not humiliated by hearing praises of him. In fact he encouraged the Sahabas to do so as it he(SAW) that Allah Most High loves this quality in Muslims. See my previous posts and articles for details on this thread. Infact when he first arrived in Madinah they sang for him with Duffs and he didn't discourage it.

As to attributing qualities of being above human to him, how does that even make any logical sense? How can humans of any kind not have any shadow or have light in them, that makes no sense whatsoever. All humans are children of Adam. We have different skin colors because the genetics were fed into Adam, how can someone actually be made of light. That makes no sense. Mohammad isn't some pre-universal angel or something. There is no authentic hadith that points to that. He didn't change forms and become angels all the time, only angels and Jinn can change forms. That is the whole point of being human. People need to have more common sense and not become overly fanatical of someone.
There are many erudite scholars who hold the opinion that Mohammad(SAW) was made out of Noor. If you don't agree, fair enough. What's important is what priority you give Mohammad(SAW) in relation. After Allah Most High it should be Mohammad(SAW), then your parents etc. You will not be asked on the day of standing what you think Mohammad(SAW) was made out of but you will be questioned about what you did with what you learnt (adab, akhlaaq, etc)

Regarding Noor of Mohammad(SAW):
"Commenting on the verse of Qur’an,"There has come to you a light from Allah and a clear Book,"[33] the well-known scholar al-Alusi says that the light in question is no other than the Prophet, may Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him. He quotes the Follower, Qatada, as an authoritative source for this opinion, as well as other well-known scholars, pointing out that this is the most logical interpretation of the construction of the verse, Then he also quotes those whose opinion differs from his in that they believe that both the light and the Book refer to the Qur’an. This he does because real Muslim scholars, as opposed to pretenders and impostors, always quote, along with their own opinions, the contrary opinions of other reputable scholars, so weighing both in the most objective manner. Qadi ‘Iyad, the famous author of al-Shifa’, is of the same opinion as al-Alusi, an opinion, an opinion shared by other famous commentators such as Tabari and Qurtubi."

And being Fanatical of Mohammad(SAW) is a good thing though I am not worthy of that title :)

And if someone wants to send sweets to someone else, you should be doing that all the time instead of once a year!
:o I think I know what you are referring to.

It would be incorrect to assume people that attend Mawlid only show love for that day. As I mentioned, those whom I regard the most pious (those who excel in their adherence to Sunnah and Nafl Ibadat etc every day) attend Mawlids.

Finally, the belief of having Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) be above humanity, would automatically make him better than everyone else, which is also un-Islamic! The other Prophets (pbut) also had beyond human miracles. Jesus (pbuh) hasn't died for two thousand years, and Solomon (pbuh) had a kingdom of huge fiery demons that could cross continents in seconds, and Moses (pbuh) will be the first to wake on Judgement Day, before even Prophet Mohammad (pbuh). That hadith also says that do not compare the Prophets. How does our Prophet automatically become the reason for creation without any reliable source.

Do not make the prophets better than one another. Source: Sahih Bukhari 2281
No servant should say that I am better than Jonah son of Mata. Source: Sahih Bukhari 3234
Whoever says that I am better than Jonah son of Mata has told a lie. Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi, 3245
You have quoted me some hadiths and made a conclusion without having the qualifications to do so. This is dangerous practice as it could misguide you as it has done so in this case. See hadith below which contradicts yours:

Muslim (4223) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I will be the leader of the sons of Adam on the Day of Resurrection, and the first one for whom the grave is opened, and the first one to intercede and the first one whose intercession will be accepted.”

What you need to understand is that Hadiths alone aren't the same as listening to Mohammad(SAW) after everything was revealed. What you are reading when you read one or some hadiths is what a Sahabah(RA) has heard Mohammad(SAW) say or do at certain points in time. This Sahabah could have then gone off somewhere else and not have known that later on a certain events took place or things were said which invalidated what he knew before. There are no chronological orders to Hadiths. And they alone aren't enough for guidance as there are many other things to consider.

I have seen this problem time and time again so I will copy and paste this time and time again :D

In order to protect the Shariah from the danger of innovation and distortion, the great scholars of usul laid down rigorous conditions which must be fulfilled by anyone wishing to claim the right of ijtihad for himself.[43] These conditions include:

(a) mastery of the Arabic language, to minimise the possibility of misinterpreting Revelation on purely linguistic grounds;
(b) a profound knowledge of the Quran and Sunnah and the circumstances surrounding the revelation of each verse and hadith, together with a full knowledge of the Quranic and hadith commentaries, and a control of all the interpretative techniques discussed above;
(c) knowledge of the specialised disciplines of hadith, such as the assessment of narrators and of the matn [text];
(d) knowledge of the views of the Companions, Followers and the great imams, and of the positions and reasoning expounded in the textbooks of fiqh, combined with the knowledge of cases where a consensus (ijma) has been reached;
(e) knowledge of the science of juridical analogy (qiyas), its types and conditions;
(f) knowledge of ones own society and of public interest (maslahah);
(g) knowing the general objectives (maqasid) of the Shariah;
(h) a high degree of intelligence and personal piety, combined with the Islamic virtues of compassion, courtesy, and modesty.
The Sunnah of guidance is that one learns under the guidance of the best in the field. Mohammad(SAW) was under the supervision of Allah Most High, Sahabas were under Mohammad(SAW), Tabien were under the Sahabas and so on. Ijazaa is given to the succesors to teach once they are ready; and we should be following the guidance of these succesors. So a Rope is made that goes to Allah Most High.

"And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided..." (3:103)

You are not meant to google what you think is right and cherry pick ayats of Qur'an and hadiths which agree with you; ignoring the rest. A practice which is common amongst Muslim extremists and Islamaphobes. ISIS/Daesh rely on such mentality to recruit. People who rely on Hadith for guidance without referring to Fuqaha are in a state of Jahiliya; their guidance is not garanteed as they read a Hadith and come to the right conclusion one day and the next day read another Hadith and come to the wrong conlclusion which misguides them.

So until you have the qualifications I'd advise you not to go around interpreting hadiths without giving me a reference to some Scholar at least.

When we read our daily prayers it's Wajib to send salutations to the Prophet(SAW) (Tashahud) because we are his Ummah and we will come under his banner. Replacing his name with another will invalidate your prayer. It is due to Mohammad(SAW) we are guided to Allah Most High and to him we owe our gratitude. Their mission was the same but Mohammad(SAW) is the leader of Prophets and Massengers(AS); Imam Ar-Rusli. This was Proven in Isra Wal Miraj when Mohammad(SAW) lead the prayer as the Imam for all Prophets and Massengers of Allah Most High. The gates of Jannah will open only for Mohammad(SAW); Miftahul Jannah. I can go on and on. And if you have a problem with the ranking than your qualm is with Allah Most High who has given him the status.

The Message was revealed over a span of 20 years or so and I believe his rank and spiritual prowess increased after certain events occured.

Also know that Mohammad(SAW) was under the care of Allah Most High even before he turned 40 when his mission commenced. He fell asleep once on his way to a wedding and another time during a wedding were things are done which causes the displeasure of Allah Most High. Also He had a scar left on his Chest from when the Angels took something out from him chest when he was under the care of Halima(RA). The clouds would shade him. And so on.

As for Miracles done by Mohamamd(SAW) you can read this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...wa-sallam.html

Do not make the same mistake as as Dhul-Khuwaisarah he viewed Mohammad(SAW) as capable of making the same mistakes other Man and so tried to correct Mohamamd(SAW). Allah Most High reserves judgement for sins commited till the day of judgement but it's apperent that if a something is done or said against Mohammad(SAW) judgement is given while they are living and breathing on Earth; for example verses were revealed speaking of Abu Lahabs punishment in Hell while he was still alive. As for the importance in loving Mohammad(SAW) and why read this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ver-pious.html

M.I.A.
12-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Whenever eid comes around, the imam always tells the youth to stay away from the busy areas of the city and remember the true value of the day..

I'd hasten to add that he would rather hate the action than the person.

Even if the event is innovated, as a Muslim one should know how to argue in the best possible manner.. And be constantly aware of the outcome which they wish to achieve.

Allah swt is the one who changes hearts and minds.

..it is very difficult to go backwards, from a state of more to a state of less..

I really don't want to know what it takes to buy the whole world..

It's impossible, so make do..

abo mussaab
12-21-2015, 02:59 PM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.