/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Extremely early Arabs

Kori Harpoon
12-14-2015, 04:50 PM
I heard that before Muhammad Arabs had pantheon of Gods but all but Allah were discarded after or shortly after Muhammad wrote the Qur'an. Does any of that information still exist. I tried to google it but it gave me info I really had a hard time wading through. As I said before I'm writing a story and knowing this may be useful.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
12-14-2015, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kori Harpoon
I heard that before Muhammad Arabs had pantheon of Gods but all but Allah were discarded after or shortly after Muhammad wrote the Qur'an. Does any of that information still exist. I tried to google it but it gave me info I really had a hard time wading through. As I said before I'm writing a story and knowing this may be useful.
Hello to you

I can´t help you in your answer but it has one mistake I would like to correct: Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, didn´t write the Quran by himself. I understand that you might have some kind of misconception as your are not a Muslim.

No person "made up" the Quran. The Quran came down to Muhammad, peace be upon him, from Almighty God (Allah) by way of the angel Gabriel (Jibril in Arabic) and then it was memorized by him and he then in turn, would teach it orally to his companions.

The word "Quran" actually means the "Recitation" (spoken words). How do you "write sounds" recited sounds? - You actually only write what you hear and represent it with pen and ink on paper. Actually people can only write down words they hear of the "Quran" (Recital) as Muhammad, peace be upon him, recited it to them. The actual tone, pitch and sound are not really captured on paper.

When we have the Quran in written, book form it is usually referred to as 'scripture' ('mus-haf' in Arabic), although it is still Quran to us. So, while it is of course, possible to write down in book form, what we hear in some form or another, the main point is that Muhammad, peace be upon him, did not make up, fabricated or invent the words in the Quran. And there would be no way he could, as he was illerate and unable to read or write.
Source: http://islamnewsroom.com/news-we-nee...rite-the-quran

Kori Harpoon
12-14-2015, 05:08 PM
Yes yes I know I'll make mistakes in my terminology like if we talk about my Religion some here will make mistakes too.

AabiruSabeel
12-14-2015, 07:38 PM
Religions of the Arabs

Most of the Arabs had complied with the call of Ishmael :as:, and professed the religion of his father Abraham :as:. They had worshipped Allâh, professed His Oneness and followed His religion a long time until they forgot part of what they had been reminded of.

However, they still maintained such fundamental beliefs such as monotheism as well as various other aspects of Abraham’s religion, until the time when a chief of Khuza‘a, namely ‘Amr bin Luhai, who was renowned for righteousness, charity, reverence and care for religion, and was granted unreserved love and obedience by his tribesmen, came back from a trip to Syria where he saw people worship idols, a phenomenon he approved of and believed it to be righteous since Syria was the locus of Messengers and Scriptures, he brought with him an idol (Hubal) which he placed in the middle of Al-Ka‘bah and summoned people to worship it. Readily enough, paganism spread all over Makkah and, thence, to Hijaz, people of Makkah being custodians of not only the Sacred House but the whole Haram as well. A great many idols, bearing different names, were introduced into the area.
[Mukhtasar Seerat-ar-Rasool p.12]

Read more at: https://islamgreatreligion.wordpress...tar-chapter-3/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.