/* */

PDA

View Full Version : [Clarified] Mufti Menk restricting Qur'an verses?

lonewolf007
12-15-2015, 04:21 PM
salaam brothers and sisters and i don't know if i'm posting in the right section so mods feel free to move it if its in the wrong section

ok so i really like mufti menk as i think he is really knowledgable and and i think he is a respected sheikh and he was the first sheikh that i listened to and i watch many of his lectures and truly benefit from them

ok so basically apparently mufti menk said a few things that raised a few eyebrows, i personally haven't heard it myself because the videos got removed from youtube and i havent been able to find anything on it

so to cut a long story short mufti menk apparently restricted couple of ayahs from the Qur'an i think about jihad i'm not entirely sure what topic, so does anyone know anything about this?? on uf people were saying restricting verses from the Qur'an is a kufr thing to do, so i just wanted to put this out there and wanted to know if anybody has heard of this and i mean seriously why would he say that right?

i still like mufti menk and listen to his lectures i mean he really is knowledgable about the deen so yeah i guess i just wanted to know what you lot think, i personally haven't heard him say anything like that so yeah

so get discussing and keep it friendly no need to get heated up with negative comments :)

jazakallah khayr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
12-15-2015, 08:41 PM
:wa: sis,

What do you mean by "Restricting verses"? Take them out or not mentioning them?

:jz:

strivingobserver98
12-15-2015, 09:16 PM
The video was removed. I will tell Mufti Menk my self and find out :ia: to get a clarification.

In the meantime I'll lock the thread until we get an official response.. it's best not to discuss these things :).

strivingobserver98
12-15-2015, 11:32 PM
Okay I told Mufti Menk about this thread. Alhamdulilah he replied very fast [emoji2].

His response:

"Assalaamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh

Jihad is very deep in meaning. Its door shall remain opened upto the end of time. This includes defending oneself and ones land and the ummah and the Deen etc etc as well as many other struggles and endurances.

All verses of the Qur'aan are valid and shall remain valid upto the end of time. The way they are applied in certain matters definitely requires conditions to be met. If these conditions are met then only would one be able to apply them correctly.

So the context in which the verses were revealed and the method in which the laws were applied cannot be ignored when applying them today.

This does not mean the verses are not applicable at all or that Jihad was only for a certain period. Ma3aathallah.

We see many ignorant Muslims who have not studied the Deen take a part of a verse or a single verse without knowing anything about how it is to be applied and claiming it is a Qur'aanic injunction.
This is what was being referred to in the lecture in Capetown some years back.

Allah knows best.

Ismail Menk
Harare
Zimbabwe"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lonewolf007
12-15-2015, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Okay I told Mufti Menk about this thread. Alhamdulilah he replied very fast [emoji2].

His response:

"Assalaamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh

Jihad is very deep in meaning. Its door shall remain opened upto the end of time. This includes defending oneself and ones land and the ummah and the Deen etc etc as well as many other struggles and endurances.

All verses of the Qur'aan are valid and shall remain valid upto the end of time. The way they are applied in certain matters definitely requires conditions to be met. If these conditions are met then only would one be able to apply them correctly.

So the context in which the verses were revealed and the method in which the laws were applied cannot be ignored when applying them today.

This does not mean the verses are not applicable at all or that Jihad was only for a certain period. Ma3aathallah.

We see many ignorant Muslims who have not studied the Deen take a part of a verse or a single verse without knowing anything about how it is to be applied and claiming it is a Qur'aanic injunction.
This is what was being referred to in the lecture in Capetown some years back.

Allah knows best.

Ismail Menk
Harare
Zimbabwe"
no way that was fast and you're really in touch with mufti menk? thats really cool masha'Allah :)

yay i'm happy i knew it, its true those of us who are not knowledgable assume things when we dont really know, you know why i enjoy his lectures its because he really breaks it down and its easy to understand and i really benefit from his lectures

may Allah SWT reward him and grant him jannahtul firdous Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.