/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Importance of the BEARD

Saleem Khan
12-15-2015, 05:27 PM
[emoji842]Importance of the BEARD [emoji843]

It is reported from Ibn Umar Radiallahu Anhu that

Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasalllam Said, "Oppose the non Muslims by lengthening the beards and shortening the moustaches."

Ibn Umar Radiallahu Anhu used to trim his beard after it reached a fist length.

(Bukhari)

The Harm of Shaving the Beard

Hazrat Shaikh Moulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi 'alaihi) mentioned:*

Today, people do not regard the shaving of the beard as a sin.

Once, two kaafir messengers, with shaven beards, came to Nabi (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam). Nabi (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) turned his blessed face away (from them).

O my beloved friends!

After death when one appears before Rasulullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam), then if at that time Rasulullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) had to turn his blessed face away from one, what will one do?

(Malfoozaat of Hazrat Shaikh pg. 160)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
keiv
12-15-2015, 05:43 PM
For the past year or so (or maybe longer) I've seen so many people walking around with grown out beards. Apparently growing out your beard seems to be a new fashion trend here in the US. Just thought that was kind of interesting

HappyMuslimaa
12-15-2015, 09:25 PM
:sl:
My husband has been shaving his beard since before we married, but I care for him and his deen. I have tried to keep him from shaving his beard but eventually he cuts it before it has any real length. What could I do to help him refrain from shaving it?

BeTheChange
12-15-2015, 09:30 PM
Asalamualykum,

I love the beard.

Alhamdulilah looks great.

Happy Muslimah - Have you tried talking to him? Try and present some evidence to him and encourage him to grow the beard. In sha Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
HappyMuslimaa
12-15-2015, 10:08 PM
BetheChange I have, usually he tells me it's too hot or it's not good in his work, hell let it grow for a few weeks sometimes but he'll shave it off before it has grown to any significant length. His father also shaves his beard, so maybe he justifies it to himself that way. I will try, and show him this thread also. Jazakallah khayr

BeTheChange
12-15-2015, 10:15 PM
Asalamualykum,

You might find the below links useful in sha Allah?

http://www.kalamullah.com/brothers04.html (The Position of the Beard in Islam)

http://www.kalamullah.com/brothers02.html (Shaving The Beard:A Modern Effeminacy)

http://www.kalamullah.com/brothers01.html (Taking Hold of the Beard and Removing What is More than a Handful)

There'll be others too. Just use the search engine in sha Allah.

May Allah swt make you successful in your actions sister Ameen.

greenhill
12-15-2015, 10:29 PM
None in my family keeps the beard. From grandparents. Few years ago I decided to grow one and keep it real short. Two of my other brothers have since followed suit. :statisfie

:peace:

Logikon
12-17-2015, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saleem Khan
[emoji842]Importance of the BEARD [emoji843]

Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasalllam Said, "Oppose the non Muslims by lengthening the beards and shortening the moustaches."
Why would you want to oppose the non Muslims?

HappyMuslimaa
12-17-2015, 05:48 AM
I just thought I'd update that my husband has agreed to grow a beard! I did share this thread with him, he was already aware but the reminder was enough Alhamdulillah! Inshallah it will benefit him :thankyou:
:wa:

umairlooms
12-17-2015, 06:38 AM
I am guessing the 'saying of the Prophet' was during a difficult time when the muslims were a minority and things were not great with the non muslims in that area. lets just say there was friction among the communities. Remember, this is a time when Religion was like 'Nationalism' is today. It defined who you were so there was certainly a political friction between a new growing religon and an establihsed one. It would have surely brought along a new order that many opposed.
In any case, in this sense, 'oppose' probably meant 'differentiate'. To someone who has a little bit of knowledge of Islamic history, this seems to be the reasonable answer. I doubt anyone can ever literally 'oppose' someone with a beard ....But that is my take

format_quote Originally Posted by Logikon
Why would you want to oppose the non Muslims?

strivingobserver98
12-17-2015, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HappyMuslimaa
I just thought I'd update that my husband has agreed to grow a beard! I did share this thread with him, he was already aware but the reminder was enough Alhamdulillah! Inshallah it will benefit him :thankyou:
:wa:
Wow alhamdulilah that's great news :).

May Allah reward him abundantly, ameen.

Do share these links with him, :ia: it should help.

http://www.shortlist.com/style/groom...rd-maintenance
http://www.islamicboard.com/health-a...-grooming.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.