/* */

PDA

View Full Version : It's Shocking

*charisma*
12-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Sometimes I feel sad because it's depressing to see how much fitnah is increasing. I fear for my siblings and my family in general, as well as the next generations.

Society has become so hyper-sexual (is that even a phrase?) and self-absorbed with all the technology. I get shocked when I hear about muslim girls or boys committing zina. On top of that there's the whole "don't judge me" attitude. Everyone is so sensitive about E V E R Y T H I N G. You can't tell someone what they're doing is wrong without them getting offended.

What can we do? What is the remedy?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
12-15-2015, 08:37 PM
:wa:

Subhan Allah so true, and depressing. I feel we are going towards an uprising and that we can solve most of this. Because we see so many youth turning to the Deen, wanting to avoid fitna and moving away from the current generation mindset.

This may not be the one in all overnight remedy, but it solves a lot of the fitna problem. And that is to get married early. What is the one of the biggest obstacles to getting married currently? Parents.

Look current generation parents, we appreciate everything you've done for us. You came into this country, you built the foundations of a masjid, you raised us and gave us route to education etc. But we are now living in a different time! This isn't back home anymore. We ask you to open your eyes to the reality of the youth.

Your son says he's going to the "Library", well in fact he's going to the shisha lounge to meet up with his girlfriend. You think "Oh Masha Allah what a good boy, he's studying". The wool has been pulled over your eyes, many things are happening that you are not aware of. Time to wake up.

A few remedy ideas for the current society:
- Masjids and Imams need to be more involved with the community and family.
- Strengthen family ties. Some families where there is lack of communication, take some parenting classes 101.
- Knowledge! Iqra! Ditch the iPad and hit the books.
- Khutbahs addressing these issues you mentioned and solutions.
- Every Muslim to be at least Madrasah level educated in Islam. So if a regular Muslim sister goes on the internet she knows the limits of what to do/not to do.

(PS. My post is aimed for the UK, but can apply everywhere too.)

BeTheChange
12-15-2015, 09:09 PM
Asalamualykum,

I agree.

Society has changed very dramatically and you can see this in the conversations and mind-set of people (in general Muslims & Non-Muslims), and the petty squabbles which take over people's lives.

The answer is very simple and the answer will always be the same - To return back to Quran and Sunnah.

In general Muslims spend too much time on dunya, career, money, fashion, status, cars and other materialistic obsessions.

This has taken priority rather than performing and perfecting our salaah.

In our books parents have a HUGE responsibility to raise the kids up so yes on the day of qiymaat all parents will be held to account.

On the other hand as adults we all have a faraz - a duty to learn and implement our deen so what we missed from our parents we can compensate with our own research and education in sha Allah.

I don't want to be doom and gloom Alhamdulilah there is ALWAYS hope. Alhamdulilah but we are living in the end of days. We truly are.

One of the signs of qiymat is there will be more bloodshed and every time i decide to check 'news' there's always killings/murder/suicide reported on news.

The People will soon summon one another to attack you as a people just like when someone invites others to eat at a table to share their food.” Someone asked, “Will that be because of our small numbers at that time?” He replied, “No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be froth and scum like that carried down by a torrent (of water) [like foam of the sea], and Allah will take the fear of you from the breasts (hearts) of your enemy and cast al-wahn into your hearts.” Someone asked, “O Messenger of Allah, what is al-wahn?” He replied, “Love of the world and dislike [fear] of death.”

— An authentic hadith recorded by Abu Dawud and Ahmad

The role of a doctor/barrister/scientists etc is favoured over the role of an Imam.

There's nothing wrong with aspiring to be the best but we must also have fear and remember our deen in everything that we do.

I definitely agree with the Imams and the need for them to be more involved within the community.

Personal solution: Am working on changing me for the better and my family and the people i interact with. That's my small goal for now.

Ummah solution: Go back to the deen.

May Allah swt help us to do just that Ameen.

Linkdeutscher
12-17-2015, 05:45 PM
The beard. Yes the beard. Many people think it's just some hair on your face, but the way it transforms people, Subhan Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
12-17-2015, 06:45 PM
The beard does exactly the same job as the hijaab as it is a visible sign and makes you more aware and conscious of your actions and words.

Alhamdulilah. Allah swt protects us in ways we can't fathom. Little do we know.

M.I.A.
12-17-2015, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Sometimes I feel sad because it's depressing to see how much fitnah is increasing. I fear for my siblings and my family in general, as well as the next generations.

Society has become so hyper-sexual (is that even a phrase?) and self-absorbed with all the technology. I get shocked when I hear about muslim girls or boys committing zina. On top of that there's the whole "don't judge me" attitude. Everyone is so sensitive about E V E R Y T H I N G. You can't tell someone what they're doing is wrong without them getting offended.

...what sort of answer do you get for apposing them?

I gave up, develop a high tolerance.

BeTheChange
12-17-2015, 07:05 PM
Asalamualykum,

Am not sure where this quote has come from. Am tempted to say it's origins are Islamic but am not certain.

Something to think about in sha Allah.

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men/women do nothing’

Even though this hostility is predicted in our books but this could be of the many factors and reason why we are in the current state we are in...

M.I.A.
12-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Iv said it before and something similar is written in the Quran.. Although from a differing point of view...

Most people don't even make it past their own families.

On a side note somebody once said that the larger the group the lesser the degree of freedom of choice.. Im sure it was more elequantly put but im sure you get the gist of it..

greenhill
12-25-2015, 06:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

I'm not sure if there is a remedy for this. With the illusion of the dunya holding such a firm grip on people at large and the prophecy of the times of fitnah that will happen and is happening, do we seriously think that that all will be well for the ummah?

I am personally bracing for things to get worse and more challenging in the future. And I tell those who are prepared to listen.

We, the ummah, will be severely tested and what we face now is still mild in comparison to what is to come. Just my belief..

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.