/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Visited a mosque

Physicist
12-16-2015, 07:37 AM
Salaam,

Today i visited mosque first time in my life! The gorgeous one, National Mosque of Malaysia.
Been a bit confused before visiting, because didn't know what i had to do.
As a non-muslim, i had to go with the crowd of tourists in particular hours. But all i wanted is to pray Allah there and wouldn't feel comfortable among tourists with their cameras and stupid jokes.
So, i decided, In Sha Allah, i just walked to mosque at random time.
After walking under the sun, i wanted to refresh myself with water before going inside the mosque.
Asked about and was pointed to the undeground room, inside i remembered about wudu ritual, so i had a good chance to learn from others. After, following the crowd, i've been a bit confused, thinking that i might need to ask somebody what to do, been asking Allah to guide me to avoid mistakes, but before i disturbed anyone, we entered the prayer hall. And right after that, prayer time came.
All i left to do is to quitely learn from others, then become feeling quite comfortable in my prayers.
So, this my first visit made quite private expirience for me, very refreshing feeling.
May be next time will try to talk with somebody.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
12-16-2015, 11:41 AM
Welcome to Malaysia :shade:

What's your nature of visit? The old railway station is more masjid looking than the National one. :embarrass

Wishing you a good and memorable stay ;D

:peace:

sister herb
12-16-2015, 11:48 AM
Wa alaykumussalam

Nice visiting I hope. It reminded me the first time when I prayed with others in the mosque. I had been Muslim for years but before I hadn´t never had possibility to pray in the mosque and I too was a little nervous (what if I will make some mistake etc.) but when praying with others there wasn´t any problems. I don´t know if I made mistakes (but hopely Allah forgives me) but praying with others in the same row was very fresreshing too.

:statisfie

Physicist
12-16-2015, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Welcome to Malaysia :shade:

What's your nature of visit? The old railway station is more masjid looking than the National one. :embarrass

Wishing you a good and memorable stay ;D

:peace:
The main reason is Hijrah... plan to look for a job (probably as software engineer), yet allowed to stay only 30days without visa.
Yes, for the first time, when look from my guesthouse rooftop, i confused railway station for the mosque ;D
A bit confusing mixture of cultures, especially in chinatown where i stay.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
12-16-2015, 12:34 PM
You might get lucky, but times are not so good..

sister herb
12-16-2015, 12:40 PM
As you write about this railways station, I had to check what it looks like. Yep, I have to agree - a mosque or a palace of the king. ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.