/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaker Aamer Guantanamo Bay Stories

strivingobserver98
12-16-2015, 03:44 PM
See this thread when he was released: http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ker-aamer.html

"They isolated me for 2 years and 10 months. In those 2 years and 10 months I only went outside for 20 days. The rest of the days I was by myself inside.

I ended making friends with different creatures. One of them is the ants because they are beautiful. I started watching them, the different ants, the different colours, the different way they did things, and it was beautiful. I learnt so much. They became so friendly with me that I believe, I do believe, that they do know us. They know the difference between us even if we don't know the difference between them. They knew me, they knew *me* as Shaker, because I fed them 3 times a day at certain times.

One time they opened a small hole in the wall next to my face to make their journey shorter. I didn't like it because when they used this route, they would climb on my face and wake me up in the night. So I put some saliva on my finger and put it on the hole. By Allah I promise this is a true story even though it sounds..anyway when they saw the saliva on the hole they got scared and went away. Then the next day they did the same thing. I thought come on guys I'm helping you out and you're waking me up at night?

The third day you know what they did? They sealed it! They sealed the hole. Wallahi they sealed it. The brought small pieces of rusted metal and they sealed the hole. They were the thing that kept me going. Because I had someone to talk to."

- Shaker Amer

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
12-16-2015, 03:47 PM
"The brothers (in Guantanamo Bay) used to sacrifice so much for the cats. They would hide their own food and feed them.

They (the guards) would trap them and kill them because they saw how much joy they would bring to the brothers."

- Shaker Amer

Collected from Brother Salah Sharief

BeTheChange
12-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Asalamualykum,

That's very sweet and reassuring. Allah swt helps us all find comfort in places we didn't expect comfort.

I don't think he's mad. I think he's a very courageous, brave and strong man and am glad he's finally free and spending time with family.

May Allah swt help him achieve his aim in closing down Guantanamo Bay Ameen.

Asiyah3
12-16-2015, 08:02 PM
What all these wronged innocent brothers have had to experience in Guantanamo is utterly heartbreaking and unacceptable. The ummah, everyone, needs to support this justice-seeking organization, CAGE.

“The similitude of believers in regard to mutual love, affection, fellow-feeling is that of one body; when any limb of it aches, the whole body aches, because of sleeplessness and fever.” [Muslim]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LaSorcia
12-16-2015, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
"
They (the guards) would trap them and kill them because they saw how much joy they would bring to the brothers."

- Shaker Amer

Collected from Brother Salah Sharief
That's disgusting. What happens to a person inside to turn them into a monster like this?

BeTheChange
12-16-2015, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
That's disgusting. What happens to a person inside to turn them into a monster like this?
& those are the guards who allow or commit crimes such as torture, waterboarding, and sleep deprivation and so on.

And with the will of Allah swt the believers come out strong. Allah Hu Akbar.

BilalKid
12-16-2015, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia

:raging::raging:

strivingobserver98
12-21-2015, 03:34 AM
Full interview with Shaker Aamer:

strivingobserver98
12-21-2015, 03:35 AM
Moazzam Begg's response to those suspicious about him.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.