PDA

View Full Version : muslim wedding with music

BilalKid
12-18-2015, 12:22 AM
haram to attend?? ^o)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Saleem Khan
12-19-2015, 12:22 AM
Yes it is impermissible to attend such functions.

Presence at any wedding or function wherein there is music, intermingling of sexes, imitation of non Muslims or any other practice that is against shariah is prohibited.

strivingobserver98
12-19-2015, 01:08 AM
:sl:

Many of today's weddings are cultural. Watch this:

greenhill
12-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Hmmm..

Makes me think... from what I see there are two part to a modern wedding, the akad itself, normally small and private affair following the sunnah (I think) and then there is the celebration (wedding reception and honeymoon) that's usually filled with music and other stuff...

Most of us will get invitation to the reception.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
12-19-2015, 10:19 AM
I think it's normal for "most" Muslim weddings to have music and intermingling of sexes. If I think back over the last 5 I attended, all were mixed and were filled with loud music and bhangra beats etc.

fhmn63
12-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Duff was allowed by Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).But Today the Concept of Music has changed.From Intermingling of Sexes to the haram wordings in the song,It is wise for us to avoid such gathering .

I want to share One Interesting note on Music which shows how Shaytan acts through Music ?This might be an Intersting read to People who wants to know the History of Music and how Shaytan poisons our Imaaan through Music.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.