/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Magicians Show

hisnameiszzz
12-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Are these allowed in Islam? I thought magic and such like was prohibited even if it was just for a kid's event.

I ask this because a leaflet was put through our door the other day. It is taking place along with other things at the local Muslim centre. I am not sure who it is aimed at, could be for non Muslim kids.

The worrying thing is it is sponsored by two local Muslim companies / organisations that collect money for the poor and the suffering around the world. I normally give most of my Zakat and Lillah etc to these two organisations and am now wondering if I have messed up big time doing so. I thought they were trustworthy. In fact, only a few weeks ago, I donated a lot of money as they were collecting for Syrian orphans.

I would normally ask an Aalim or an Imam but the ones I have locally do not have time for mere mortals like me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
12-20-2015, 12:14 AM
Assalamualaikum.

The term "magic" in English is indeed confusing because it refer to two things which not same. Different than Indonesian language that has two words for these two different things. First is sihir or magic which is performed by the help of jinns like magic that performed by firaun magician. This is haram. The second is sulap or trick game with purpose for entertainment, and has nothing to do with sihir or supernatural things. This is halal.

The magician show that you mean is sulap show which is just the game of tricks. You can see how the tricks works in "magic tricks" videos in Youtube.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.