/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Appreciate what you have!

strivingobserver98
12-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Appreciate what you have and stop comparing yourself to others. Say Alhamdulilah!

We live in a society in which, in one way or another, everyone compares themselves to others. This in turn gives rise to a devastating feeling — jealousy. The following comic strip really helps you think about how this feeling is actually meaningless, and how important it is to appreciate what we have.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
LaSorcia
12-20-2015, 03:43 PM
So true, unfortunately. I give thanks every day for my blessings. And honestly, having a super abundance of material possessions isn't all it's cracked up to be. 'Stuff' cannot intrinsically make our hearts happy or bring us closer to God.

Cpeptides
12-21-2015, 03:00 AM
Absolutely right!!! We are always trying to catch up with someone who owns better life than us, but what we should do is to enjoy our life as long as we are happy.

LaSorcia
12-21-2015, 06:13 AM
The thing is, it usually only looks better from the outside. When we compare our insides to the outsides of others, we will almost always be dissatisfied.

On a different note, should we look at someone worse off than us and feel glad we're not them? That's just as bad! Maybe worse, I don't know. Because it implies a lack of compassion and empathy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
12-21-2015, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
On a different note, should we look at someone worse off than us and feel glad we're not them? That's just as bad! Maybe worse, I don't know. Because it implies a lack of compassion and empathy.
Indeed. I do not suggest to 'look at down' to make us grateful because it can make us feel higher than the others.

BeTheChange
12-21-2015, 08:42 PM
& the list goes goes on.

We will never be satisfied or content with dunya.

hisnameiszzz
12-21-2015, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
I do look at people worse off than me. I never feel glad I am not them, but I do feel every so sorry for them. For example, someone in a wheelchair or an amputee, a refugee, someone in a warzone. I don't do it in a degrading way but I feel blessed I am not in their situation.

I know I have ignorant neighbours and they drive me mad, and I am sure I come across like an ungrateful sod in the topics I have created over the years, but until they started making my life complete hell, I was so happy and grateful to Allah for all the things he blessed me with.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!