/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Brothers vs Sisters - Islamic Quiz

AabiruSabeel
12-20-2015, 04:04 PM
:bism:

:salam:

We are officially launching the quiz now with the first question. Whichever team answers it correctly first will be eligible for asking the next question.

This thread is strictly for questions and answers only. No discussion is allowed on this thread, except a clarification on a question or an answer.

Only one question must be asked at a time. No question should be asked until the previous one has been answered correctly, or three attempts have been made.

To keep the competition fair, we will have some simple rules:

• All members of IslamicBoard will be divided into two teams: Brothers and Sisters
  • Staff members cannot participate in the quiz. They can only post a question if there is a need, or if there is a tie between the teams.
  • First question will be asked by one of the staff members. Whichever teams answers it correctly can post the next question directed to the other team.
  • Each team can have a maximum of three attempts to answer a question, each answer coming from a different member of the team. One person cannot attempt the same question twice. So discuss the answer among your team mates before posting.
  • If a team could not answer a question correctly, they will not get the chance to ask the next question. Only the team that answers correctly can post the next question.
  • Each right answer will earn your team 2 points. Each wrong answer will earn the questioning team 1 point.
  • No Googling allowed. You cannot search for direct answers, but you can read a book, an article, chapter etc or consult your knowledgeable friends (they should also not google it), or watch lectures, or go through previous threads on IB etc.
  • Everyone should mention how he/she found the answer. Be honest. Say whether you read it in a book, learnt it at school, heard it in a lecture or whatever. Don't cheat.
  • Participants are not allowed to edit their answers once they have posted.
  • Do not ask questions related to topics on which scholars have differed in their opinions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
12-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Question 1:

Is it possible for a person to read Tashahhud 4 times in a prayer in any circumstance? If yes, explain how and in which prayer.

BeTheChange
12-20-2015, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibn-Adam
Question 1:

Is it possible for a person to read Tashahhud 4 times in a prayer in any circumstance? If yes, explain how and in which prayer.
Asalamualykum,

The answer is yes.

You can read Tashahhud 4 times in salaah.

For example, in Zuhur when you pray the 4 rakat of sunnah and 4 rakat of faraz.

The 4 rakat of sunnah you will read it twice

& the 4 rakat of faraz you will read it twice again = 4 times.

So my answer is yes.

I believe the below dua is called the Tashahhud?

Attahiyyaatu lillaahi wassalawaatu wattayyibatu. Assalaamu 'alayka ayyuhan-Nabiyyi warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh. Assalaamu 'alyna wa 'ala 'ibaadillaahis saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa rasooluh.

I used https://www.kalamullah.com/salaah.html to find out which section of the salaah is called 'Tashahhud'

Jazahka Allah.

AabiruSabeel
12-20-2015, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
You can read Tashahhud 4 times in salaah.

For example, in Zuhur when you pray the 4 rakat of sunnah and 4 rakat of faraz.

The 4 rakat of sunnah you will read it twice

& the 4 rakat of faraz you will read it twice again = 4 times.
Sorry, that is not the correct explanation. Sunnah and Fardh are two different prayers. We mean it should be in a single prayer, either a single Fardh prayer or a single Sunnah prayer?

^ Yes, the Tashahhud Dua is correct.

---

2 more attempts left for the Sisters. 3 attempts left for the brothers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mr.President
12-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Question 1:

A person joinging the Magrib prayer in congregation joins on the second rakh but after imaam finishes ruku

The first Tashahhud counted when he joins after ruku
Now imam stands up and prays the 3rd rakah but for the late comer its the first rakha and second Tashahhud
And it continues

AabiruSabeel
12-20-2015, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
A person joinging the Magrib prayer in congregation joins on the second rakh but after imaam finishes ruku

The first Tashahhud counted when he joins after ruku
Now imam stands up and prays the 3rd rakah but for the late comer its the first rakha and second Tashahhud
And it continues
That's the correct answer. 2 Points awarded to the Brothers Team.

Brothers can now ask the next question.

---
Participants should not edit their answers after posting. The above brother edited it to add extra explanation to his answer so it was accepted, but please finalize your answers before posting.

MidnightRose
12-21-2015, 08:08 PM
What is Imam Abu Hanifa's :rh: given name?

BeTheChange
12-21-2015, 08:34 PM
Asalamualykum,

"Better known as `Imam-e-`Adham' (The Greatest Imam)"

Source:http://www.***********/publication/k...bu_hanifah.htm (I've never used this website before so not sure if the source is correct)

MidnightRose
12-21-2015, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum,

"Better known as `Imam-e-`Adham' (The Greatest Imam)"

Source:http://www.***********/publication/k...bu_hanifah.htm (I've never used this website before so not sure if the source is correct)
You are on the right track. However, that's not the answer. What I meant by given name is his actual first name.

BeTheChange
12-21-2015, 09:40 PM
Asalamualykum,

Full name is Abu Haneefah An-Numan

Source: http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ht=abu+haneefa

sister herb
12-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Numan ibn Thabit

(The first name is Numan, his father´s name was Thabit)

(Source: http://www.islamawareness.net/Madhab...bu_hanifa.html )

MidnightRose
12-21-2015, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Numan ibn Thabit

(The first name is Numan, his father´s name was Thabit)

(Source: http://www.islamawareness.net/Madhab...bu_hanifa.html )
That is correct. 2 points go to the Sisters Team.

BilalKid
12-22-2015, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by najimuddin
That is correct. 2 points go to the Sisters Team.
go on brothers!! :shade:;D

BilalKid
12-22-2015, 05:14 PM
next question?? :shade:

sister herb
12-22-2015, 06:19 PM
The question to the Brothers Team from the Sisters´ Team:

The below facts briefly summarise's a Prophet's experience in dunya. Please guess the name of the Prophet PBUH.

- Victimised by family members as well as society.

- Allah swt gifted this particular prophet PBUH with the ability to interpret dreams

- Died at the age of 110

'Abd al-Baari
12-22-2015, 08:53 PM
:sl:

Sayyiduna Yusuf alayhis salaam?

BeTheChange
12-22-2015, 08:58 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

Alhamdulilah you got it!

:bravo:

We must try harder for our next question. :facepalm: In sha Allah.

sister herb
12-22-2015, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Baari

Sayyiduna Yusuf alayhis salaam?
It is a correct answer. 2 points goes to the Brothers Team and we sisters will wait the next question from brothers.

'Abd al-Baari
12-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Next Question: Name the sin which has been prohibited in the Qura'an but never carried out.

It's been quite a while since I posted on these forums. Most of the users probably won't remember me, but I hope they can forgive me jumping straight into this quiz!

sister herb
12-22-2015, 11:21 PM
To marry Prophet´s widows.

Source: the Quran

"O ye who believe! …Nor is it right for you that ye should annoy Allah's Messenger, or that ye should marry his widows after him at any time. Truly such a thing is in Allah's sight an enormity." (Quran 33:53)

"The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their mothers." (Quran 33:6)

'Abd al-Baari
12-22-2015, 11:38 PM

"O ye who believe! …Nor is it right for you that ye should annoy Allah's Messenger, or that ye should marry his widows after him at any time. Truly such a thing is in Allah's sight an enormity." (Quran 33:53)

"The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their mothers." (Quran 33:6)
mashaAllah, didn't think someone would get the answer that fast!

sister herb
12-23-2015, 03:53 PM
To the Brothers Team:

Which chapter in the Quran does not start with the Bismillah (in the name of Allah/“In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful”)?

sadi_sharp15
12-23-2015, 04:31 PM
So easy questions for brothers...?^o)

abo mussaab
12-23-2015, 04:34 PM
( براءة من الله ورسوله إلى الذين عاهدتم من المشركين ( 1 ) فسيحوا في الأرض أربعة أشهر واعلموا أنكم غير معجزي الله وأن الله مخزي الكافرين ( 2 ) )

sister herb
12-23-2015, 04:40 PM
Answers only by English.

abo mussaab
12-23-2015, 04:48 PM
Surah Bara'ah

sister herb
12-23-2015, 05:06 PM
Answer is correct. Surah At-Taubah is also known as Surah al-Bara´ah. 2 points to the Brothers Team.

Muslim Woman
12-24-2015, 06:37 AM

wow , Congrates sis . I thought ans is killing of Jesus pbuh as Jews claimed but it did not happen . Thanks God i was not allowed to reply :D

Muslim Woman
12-24-2015, 06:39 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by sadi_sharp15
So easy questions for brothers...?^o)

yes , sisters have kind hearts :statisfie

BlueOwl358
12-24-2015, 02:30 PM
Ok then, this question is more about Islamic history or lets say Islamic Politics (or some wierd term). I think it isn't that hard, so throwing a bone out there.

Question:What two races (that were not Muslim at that time) have been specifically been mentioned by the Prophet (pbuh) in telling us that we should maintain peaceful relations with them.

BlueOwl358
12-25-2015, 07:04 AM
Ok, can I say something, just to clarify something about the question. I am not referring to people that he was just friendly with, I am talking about the two races that he himself, and the early Caliphs kept total peace with, and did not partake in war with. As I said, they were non-Muslims.

Fainoz
12-26-2015, 05:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BlueOwl358
Ok then, this question is more about Islamic history or lets say Islamic Politics (or some wierd term). I think it isn't that hard, so throwing a bone out there.

Question:What two races (that were not Muslim at that time) have been specifically been mentioned by the Prophet (pbuh) in telling us that we should maintain peaceful relations with them.
the abbyssinians and the ....I'll let some one else answer the second one^o)

BlueOwl358
12-26-2015, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by «Fainoz»
the abbyssinians and the ....I'll let some one else answer the second one^o)
Correct. :shade:

BilalKid
12-31-2015, 07:00 PM
whos turn now? :shade:

sister herb
12-31-2015, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
whos turn now? :shade:
Sisters Team is still thinking...

Fainoz
01-01-2016, 05:54 AM
Sisters Team is still thinking...
can I ask the next question?

greenhill
01-01-2016, 07:15 AM
Don't think too hard, sisters, it's the new year aleady :D

:peace:

sister herb
01-01-2016, 07:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fainoz
Sisters have to answer to the question wholly. "Abbyssinians" was only half of the answer.

And as the rules say:

•If a team could not answer a question correctly, they will not get the chance to ask the next question. Only the team that answers correctly can post the next question.
So; if sisters can´t find the answer, they can´t make next question.

sister herb
01-01-2016, 09:43 AM
^^ But sure dear sister - when we find the correct whole answer, please make the next question. (Mine last one was too easy... :embarrass )

Fainoz
01-02-2016, 12:37 AM
turks is the second one.

BlueOwl358
01-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Correct!
-----------

Narrated from Abi Sukainah: The Prophet (ﷺ) said: "Let the Abyssinians alone as long as they let you alone, and let the Turks alone as long as they leave you alone." (Source: Sunan Abu Dawud 4302)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As: The Prophet (ﷺ) said: "Leave the Abyssinians alone as long as they leave you alone, for it is only the Abyssinian with short legs who will seek to take out the treasure of the Ka'bah." (Sunan Abi Dawud 4309)

(Some Narrarations in Musnad Ahmed state that this Abyssinian named Zul-Suwayqatayn, will destroy the Kaabah after the death of all Muslims, stone by stone. http://www.discoveringislam.org/destruction_of_kaba.htm)

greenhill
01-02-2016, 09:25 AM
I guess @BlueOwl358 will have to verify the answer before the sisters can post their question?

greenhill
01-02-2016, 09:26 AM
oops

:embarrass

BilalKid
01-04-2016, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I guess @BlueOwl358 will have to verify the answer before the sisters can post their question?

whos point?? ^o)

AabiruSabeel
01-04-2016, 03:43 AM
6 points for each team, both have answered 3 questions correctly. Now it is the Sisters turn to ask a question.

Search
01-04-2016, 03:48 AM
:bism:

Sister Fainoz had requested to ask the next question. So, In-sha-Allah, we let her ask the next question on behalf of the Sisters Team.

Go, sis Fainoz! Make the brothers think!

:wa:

Fainoz
01-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Alright here's the question: At the end of a surah in the quran, Allah refers to people who do not love the enemies of Allah, even if those people were they're close relatives. Which surah, and who was the companion about whom the surah was revealed?

tick tock
:p

greenhill
01-07-2016, 03:10 PM
58:22 Al Mujaadila (was close to guessing Al Massaad)

About the second part, I'll have to research that. I just went through all the last verses of the Quran and found this fits the description well.

Help me out guys.

greenhill
01-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Sahih International: You will not find a people who believe in Allah and the Last Day having affection for those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even if they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred. Those - He has decreed within their hearts faith and supported them with spirit from Him. And We will admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally. Allah is pleased with them, and they are pleased with Him - those are the party of Allah. Unquestionably, the party of Allah - they are the successful.58:22

What the verse says...

BlueOwl358
01-08-2016, 09:03 AM
I believe it to be Hazrat Abu Ubaidah (ra). He fought his father at Badr right? Looks like the information from my school examinations is still fresh. ;D

greenhill
01-08-2016, 10:58 AM
That's who I read... but it was cheating as I Google it from the tafsir..

Fainoz
01-08-2016, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BlueOwl358
I believe it to be Hazrat Abu Ubaidah (ra). He fought his father at Badr right? Looks like the information from my school examinations is still fresh. ;D
...and 3 points for gryffindor. :shade:

(correct)

sister herb
01-08-2016, 02:22 PM
...and 3 points for gryffindor. :shade:

(correct)
2 points only. ^o)

greenhill
01-08-2016, 04:45 PM
So, it's the brother's turn to ask?

Who is good with questions?

:facepalm:

BilalKid
01-12-2016, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
So, it's the brother's turn to ask?

Who is good with questions?

:facepalm:
how many surahs does quran have?

go :shade:

sister herb
01-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Ok I try this one. :exhausted

Source: The Quran

BilalKid
01-13-2016, 07:21 PM
sisters turn go :shade:

BilalKid
01-15-2016, 03:46 PM
:bump::bump:

greenhill
01-19-2016, 11:58 AM
Looks like the quiz has fizzled out...

Is it a draw?

sister herb
01-19-2016, 12:44 PM
Ok ok...

What we call the angels who write down what we do?

BilalKid
01-20-2016, 03:58 AM
Ok ok...

mikail n azrail ^o)

Hamza :)
01-20-2016, 04:08 AM
Ok ok...

kiraaman kaatibeen

sister herb
01-20-2016, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
kiraaman kaatibeen
Right answer.

LifeIsAHighway
01-20-2016, 09:13 AM
Assalaamu Alykom WRWB..

Which Surah of The Qur'an is named after a "spider"..?

LifeIsAHighway
01-20-2016, 09:17 AM
..did I ask it right?? :Emoji60: lol

01-20-2016, 09:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio
Assalaamu Alykom WRWB..

Which Surah of The Qur'an is named after a "spider"..?
wswrwb

Surah Al- 'Ankaboot :)

That's two points for brothers :D

LifeIsAHighway
01-20-2016, 09:42 AM
Lol yaayyy :D

Sisters' turn now...

sister herb
01-20-2016, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
wswrwb

Surah Al- 'Ankaboot :)

That's two points for brothers :D
That´s not right! This is quiz brothers team vs. sisters team. Brother can´t answer the question made by brother. You have to wait that the sister´s team ask the question. Read the rules please!

:hiding:

LifeIsAHighway
01-20-2016, 09:43 AM
​..hey! Your not a "sister" why did YOU answer??? :D LOL

LifeIsAHighway
01-20-2016, 09:44 AM
​Ofcourse! Seee..! :O

sister herb
01-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Now, the new question from the brothers to the sisters - and no brother will answer to it.

LifeIsAHighway
01-20-2016, 09:51 AM
Okayy then... What's the meaning of the Arabic word "Laylatul Qadr"..??

I know right childish questions
;D

sister herb
01-20-2016, 10:19 AM
The night of power

"Qadr" can translated also as "destiny" but "the night of power" is the most common translation.

Source: my memory

LifeIsAHighway
01-20-2016, 10:31 AM
CORRECT ! :Emoji49:

Sisters' turn noww..

01-20-2016, 11:21 AM
That´s not right! This is quiz brothers team vs. sisters team. Brother can´t answer the question made by brother. You have to wait that the sister´s team ask the question. Read the rules please!

:hiding:
oh sorry lol, my bad

sister herb
01-20-2016, 07:13 PM
^o) ^^ Please brothers, try to control yourself in this thread:

This thread is strictly for questions and answers only. No discussion is allowed on this thread, except a clarification on a question or an answer.
Means no chatting here.

Raptor
01-20-2016, 07:44 PM
Ok ok...

Kiramankaatibeen

sister herb
01-20-2016, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flyination
Kiramankaatibeen
Thanks brother but other brother has answered to sister´s latest question already (and brothers got points from the answer already).

noraina
03-14-2016, 02:25 PM
How many Companions (RA) made the first and second migrations to Abyssinia?

azc
03-14-2016, 04:32 PM
1st migration: 11 men, 4 women & in 2nd migration: 83 men and 18 women

noraina
03-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Correct, akhi :Emoji48: I'm getting the hang of this quiz now. Brothers turn!

azc
03-15-2016, 02:06 AM
Q: On one occasion the king of Abyssinia sent a precious jewel as a gift to Nabi s.a.w. Nabi s.a.w announced that he will give it to that person who is the most beloved to him. Name the fortunate person who Nabi s.a.w gifted it to...?

BilalKid
03-15-2016, 09:54 AM
where are u sisters!! :foto:

azc
03-16-2016, 01:37 AM
Answer is still awaited, sisters

AabiruSabeel
05-21-2016, 10:49 AM
bump

format_quote Originally Posted by azc
q: On one occasion the king of abyssinia sent a precious jewel as a gift to nabi s.a.w. Nabi s.a.w announced that he will give it to that person who is the most beloved to him. Name the fortunate person who nabi s.a.w gifted it to...?

azc
12-24-2018, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Q: On one occasion the king of Abyssinia sent a precious jewel as a gift to Nabi s.a.w. Nabi s.a.w announced that he will give it to that person who is the most beloved to him. Name the fortunate person who Nabi s.a.w gifted it to...?
This Q is still unanswered.

Alright, The answer is Umamah (r.a) , the daughter of Zainab (r.a) and grand- daughter of Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم.

Ref: Al-Isabah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.