/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim grandfather converts bus into a mobile kitchen to feed refugees in Europe

Glac09
12-22-2015, 12:20 AM

A Muslim grandfather from the UK has embarked on a mission to feed up to 15,000 refugees per day after converting a bus into a mobile kitchen.

Ghafoor Hussain, from Stockton-on-Tees, spent thousands of pounds to buy and transform the single-decker bus into a moving canteen to help people who have fled their countries in hope of a better life in Europe.

More than half a million people have entered Europe this year – the majority by sea, but a large number have also come in across the Balkans.

Mr Hussain plans to take his meals on wheels to Serbia and Macedonia, where he will be joined by a a team of volunteers, including local doctors.

The 45-year-old began his journey last week – one that will take him away from his family for at least three weeks.

Mr Hussain said: “About four weeks ago I took a van full of food to the refugees in Austria, Slovenia and Croatia. While I was there I discovered that the people were mostly only getting cold meals.”

He added: “I thought there must be something we can do and that’s when I came up with the idea to buy a bus and convert it into a travelling kitchen.”

More...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.