/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When Umar R.A made Takfeer..

abo mussaab
12-22-2015, 03:04 PM
In the time of Muhammad (saw) Umar ibn Khattab had made takfeer on the one who disagreed with the judgment of Muhammad (saw), not only was his takfeer consented to by the Messenger (saw) but confirmed by Allah, Allah (swt) said,
“By your lord, they are not believers until they refer to you in all their disputes and find no hardship therein, and they must submit fully.” [4: 65]
This ayah was revealed concerning two men, Utbah ibn Dumrah narrated
“My father told me, ‘two men came to Muhammad (saw) for arbitration, he judged to one of them who had Haq, over the one who had no Haq, the man said “I disagree”, the other man said, “what do you want?” he said, “let us go to Abu Bakr” they went to Abu Bakr and told him that they arbitrated to Muhammad and that they disagreed, Abu Bakr said, “both of you are on the judgment that Muhammad (saw) gave you.” The man said, “I disagree” the other man said, “What do you want?” he said, “let us go to Umar ibn Khattab.” They went to Umar, they told Umar about their arbitration to Muhammad and Abu Bakr and that they disagreed and came to him for arbitration, Umar said, “Wait here, I will come back to give you my judgment,” he went out and returned with his sword, he killed the one who wanted to judge, and the other one ran and Umar chased him. The men went to Muhammad (saw), and said, “Umar killed my friend, and if I did not make it hard for him, he would have killed me, I was running away until he had nearly killed me,” Muhammad (saw) said, “I never thought that Umar could be brave to kill a Mu’min.” (He was very upset) Allah (swt) revealed the ayah, “By your lord, they are not believers until they refer to you in all their disputes and find no hardship therein, and they must submit fully.” [4: 65]
Muhammad (saw) said to Umar, “Allah purified you from your killing” and he (saw) hugged him.’”
tafsir ibn kathir 4.65 for full hadith insha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.