/* */

PDA

View Full Version : can you beat children islamically?

BilalKid
12-23-2015, 01:53 AM
many parents hit kids :heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
keiv
12-23-2015, 01:59 AM
As an adult, I've beat a bunch of kids both in video games and in sports. I'm not necessarily proud about it but, it did feel good at the time.

Just kidding ;D... Maybe..

Seriously though, abuse towards anyone is not tolerated. Nothing wrong with discipline but, a lot of people seem to cross the line and not realize it. So for a quick answer, no you can't. I'm sure someone will come alone with some references.

Saleem Khan
12-23-2015, 04:16 AM
It is permissible to discipline ones child by beating. However it shouldn't be excessive or with a stick.
A good fatwa on the topic

http://askimam.org/public/question_detail/30571

TMGuide
12-23-2015, 06:28 AM
I know there is a hadith that forbids slapping a child in the face. Discipline through 'beating' does not work, it makes children violent actually. They may even loose respect for their parents and when they are old enough, they may fight back. That is not the kind of power struggle any parent should get into with their children. I also consider hitting a child out of anger when they do something, is like taking revenge and wanting to purposely hurt them. Getting angry of course is very much disliked and many hadith mention this. Now if a parent constrains their anger and only deals with the child when they have calmed down I don't think the parent would choose to hit as a way to discipline but rather find other alternatives to let the child understand what they did was wrong.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
12-23-2015, 03:17 PM
The only child beating that I suggest is the "love beating", the very gently beat that done with smile and without anger. Child will not feel pain, and even will smile because he see it as a form of love from the parent.

In example, if your boy doing naughtiness, scold him. Until you feel it's enough, tell him while smile. "Now daddy will give you a punishment". Give a very gently beat. Remember, very gently. Then smile at him. In Shaa Allah, you will see your boy smile because he realize that you have forgiven him.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.