/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Evil Eye, & Protecting Yourself And Family

abo mussaab
12-23-2015, 05:09 PM
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said:
“The evil eye is real, and if anything were to overtake the divine decree (al-qadar) it would be the evil eye.”
[Muslim]
———-
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid says,
With regard to dealing with the evil eye and hasad (destructive envy), there is no doubt that when a person is close to Allah (through obedience & modesty), always remembering Him (dhikr) and reading Qur'an, he is less likely to be affected by the evil eye and other kinds of harm from the devils of mankind and the jinn. The Prophet ﷺ used to seek refuge with Allah for himself, and the greatest means of seeking refuge that is available to the Muslim is reading the Book of Allaah, above all the Mi’wadhatayn (the last two Soorahs of the Qur’aan, al-Falaq and al-Naas), Soorat al-Faatihah and Aayat al-Kursiy [al-Baqarah 2:255].
Among the saheeh du’aa’s for refuge that have been narrated from the Prophet ﷺ are:
“A’oodhu bi kalimaat Allaah al-taammaati min sharri maa khalaq (I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah from the evil of that which He has created).”
(Narrated by Muslim, al-Dhikr wa’l-Du’aa, 4881)
It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (ra) said:
“The Prophet ﷺ used to seek refuge with Allaah for al-Hasan and al-Husayn.
He said: ‘Your father [i.e., Ibraaheem] used to seek refuge with Allah for Ismaa’eel and Ishaaq with these words: A’oodhu bi kalimaat Allaah al-taammah min kulli shaytaanin wa haammah wa min kulli ‘aynin laammah
(I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah, from every devil and every poisonous reptile, and from every bad eye).’”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, Ahaadeeth al-Anbiyaa’, 3120).
With regard to the meaning of laammah (translated here as “bad”), al-Khattaabi said: “What is meant here is every disease or harm that a person may suffer such as insanity or mental disturbance.”
It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed that Jibreel came to the Prophet ﷺ and said:
“O Muhammad, are you ill?” He said, “Yes.”
He said, “Bismillaahi arqeeka min kulli shay’in yu’dheeka, min sharri kulli nafsin aw ‘aynin haasid Allaahu yashfeek, bismillaahi arqeek (In the name of Allah I perform ruqyah for you, from everything that is harming you, from the evil of every soul or envious eye may Allah heal you, in the name of Allah I perform ruqyah for you).”
(Narrated by Muslim, al-Salaam, 4056)
Undoubtedly, when a person persists in reciting the adhkaar (dhikr) for morning and evening, and the adhkaar for going to sleep, and others, this will have a great effect in protecting him from the evil eye, because it will be like a stronghold for him, by Allah’s Leave. So everyone should strive to recite these adhkaar. One of the best treatments is the use of ruqyah, which the Messenger of Allah ﷺ permitted for protection from the evil eye and he instructed people to use it.
It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (ra) said:
“The Messenger of Allah ﷺ commanded me, or he commanded (the people) to use ruqyah to deal with the evil eye.”
[narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Tibb, 5297]
And it was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (ra) said:
“The man who cast the evil eye would be commanded to do wudoo’, and then the man who was affected would wash himself with (the water).”
[Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tibb, 3382. Al-Albaani said, in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, its isnaad is saheeh. No. 3282]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.