/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am I being an Islamic Radical?

Aaqib
12-26-2015, 02:56 AM
Something that has been toggling me for a while

Are my parents right or me?

So when me and my friend were planning to do wudu at my home, my brother insisted on doing the fard and not the sunnah prayers. And when I said nope, my mom said to me be quiet and my dad and mom think I'm being too much of an "Islamic radical" or something.

Then I cried because I hated how my parents were mad at me

So I prayed my sunnah and Isha prayers, and both times I cried a lot after remembering the translation of what I was reciting, and my fear for Allah grew that time.

Now my question, am I being the "Islamic radical" or my parents at fault?

Alhamdullilah shukran for answer!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza :)
12-26-2015, 04:20 AM
:sl:

This is not radical Islam, this is the Islam Sahaba (Allah is pleased with them) practiced. Try explaining them that this is how we're supposed to be spending our lives, following every single sunnah of Rasulullah (sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam).

greenhill
12-26-2015, 05:44 AM
That is fundamental. Radical is something totally different.

:peace:

ardianto
12-26-2015, 07:42 AM
Assalamualaikum, son.

I often read posts and articles from people who indeed have radical mindset. I also have read many of your posts, and your posts do not show any sign of radical mindset. It's mean you are not radical.

But I think you need to learn about giving da'wah in proper manner because the improper manner in giving da'wah can make people assume that you are radical. From what I have noticed, the common mistake of teen when they talk about Islam is imitate the style of adult people when giving Islamic lecture. It make them look like lost their true personalities, and can make people assume that they have been indoctrinated.

My advice to you and other teens. When you talk about Islam, always be yourself, always do it in style that suitable with your age. Do not imitate adult scholar. In example, when you see someone intend to perform salah fard without salah sunnah, do not give him a 'lecture' about the importance of salah sunnah, but tell him "Eh, bro. Remember when ustadz said that if we perform salah sunnah we will get more reward. So it's better if you perform salah sunnah too, and get more reward".

May Allah give you easiness in learn Islam and reward your good intention. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.