/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question about Syaitan . .

greenhill
12-27-2015, 04:37 PM
And (remember) when We said to the angels: "Prostrate yourselves before Adam.". And they prostrated except Iblees (Satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers (disobedient to Allah). (Quran 2:34)

Allah says, and Allah does not mince His Words. He Is concise and precise.

He says to all the angels to postrate themselves to Adam pbuh. All except Iblees. . .

I know of a story. And in my mind, I accept the story. But I have no reference for it.

Iblees is a Jin, and as described, made of smokeless fire. Angels are of light. Jin were given free will and were similar to human but without flesh. Angels had no free will.

One of the jins, Azazil, was deemed by the angels at that time as the most favoured creation of Allah swt for his glorification of Allah wherever he went. . and when the angels read about the fall from grace of a favoured creation, they were all crying from fear that it might be one of them. When Azazil found them crying he asks and they told him and requests him to intercede for them and ask Allah to not let it be them. He obliges and asks for them and not for himself. Confident that it won't be him.

So, in that verse, when Allah asks all to bow to Adam pbuh, Azazil the favoured jin was in their company, when he refused to bow, he was stripped of his station and henceforth called Iblees.

Hope someone can shed some info as to its authenticity? I do like it. It fits very well. But so far, it's just a story and it fits very well. ;D

I cannot accept that Azazil was an angel and became a jin.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.