/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How ISIS prevents scholars from teaching

Search
12-30-2015, 04:16 AM
:bism:

:sl:

Just received this as a newsletter from Seekershub and thought I'd share and quote the relevant part for the edification of both Muslims and non-Muslims on IB:

Assalaamu 'alaykum,

Have you heard of Mosul?

It's the northern Iraqi city that made headlines when ISIS took control and cemented their stronghold of northern Iraq and Syria.

But before ISIS, Mosul was a world renowned centre of Islamic learning. It was home to some of the Muslim world's most established educational institutions and leading Islamic scholars.

With ISIS in town, things have changed.

Now that ISIS is in control of the city, they've cracked down on the scholars and institutions who don't agree with their twisted ideology (i.e. everyone). As a result, most of the city's scholars and students of knowledge have fled.

Except Shaykh Ibrahim.

Shaykh Ibrahim (not his real name) chose to stay in Mosul and bear the responsibility of teaching the Islamic sciences to anyone who was willing to learn.

His school was the last orthodox Islamic learning institute in the city... until ISIS shut down the school and arrested him claiming he insulted their leader.

He has since been released. But his ability to teach has been heavily restricted.

This is how ISIS stifles the scholars who oppose them.

Their strategy is simple. Drive them out, arrest them, kill them, or at the very least — ban them from teaching.

And it's working. There are countless scholars who are living in refugee camps, fleeing from war, or just trying to find a way to support themselves and their families. Either way, they're not doing much teaching.

As a result, mainstream Islam is losing teachers by the day, while toxic ideologies like that of ISIS are continuing to spread.

Let's defeat ISIS by supporting mainstream scholars.
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TMGuide
12-30-2015, 04:21 AM
What is mainstream Islam? Which scholars are being referred to as mainstream?

sister herb
12-30-2015, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TMGuide
What is mainstream Islam? Which scholars are being referred to as mainstream?
It might be other than what spread extremism.

M.I.A.
12-30-2015, 12:39 PM
Well I guess scholars are not fighters otherwise the headline's... No pun intended.. Would be different.

Allah swt raises and lowers as he wills.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TMGuide
12-31-2015, 07:51 AM
Mainstream is not always a good thing that's why I got a little confused. A mainstream person jumps from trend to another trend just to fit in, but our scholars should be firm upon the truth and I'm not referring to the article anymore just a general note. Mainstream does not empower us, it just makes us "part" of the system.

Amazigh073
01-04-2016, 01:18 AM
I'm not suprised. I see them as Khawarij. They are destroying the name of Muslims and Islam by their actions.

May Allah guide or destroy them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.