/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I can't sleep at night

Zara3101
12-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Asalamualaikum

Lately I've been having troubles Falling asleep due to being anxious over shayateen being present. A few days ago my brother slept in my room and told me he felt something tickle his hands continuously as well as whispering in his ear. I read Ayat al Kursi and took down any images in my room last night however I could not let my eyes close.

Jazakillah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
12-30-2015, 04:24 PM
:wa:

do wadu/ ablution before u go to bed . Read Ayatul kursi , Falak , Nas. If possible , read Sura Bakara.

Muslim Woman
12-30-2015, 04:26 PM
:sl:

Fatwa No : 90183

Etiquette of sleeping

Fatwa Date : Jumaadaa Al-Oula 8, 1426 / 15-6-2005

Question

Some people say that keeping hand on the forehead while sleeping is Haraam. Is it true? What does the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet

say? Then how to sleep? Is it Haraam to sleep straight without bending sideways?

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad

is His slave and Messenger.

There is no evidence in the Book of Allaah or the Sunnah of the Prophet

that it is forbidden to put one's hand on the forehead when sleeping, and we have not heard that any scholar said this.

A person who is not eligible for Fatwa should refrain from giving Fataawa because talking on behalf of Allaah without knowledge is one of the great major sins.

The appropriate manner of sleeping is that which corresponds to the way the Prophet

used to sleep; he used to sleep on his right side putting his cheek on the palm of his right hand.
Al-Bukhaari

reported that Al-Baraa' Ibn 'Aazib

said: "When the Prophet

used to go to his bed, he would lie on his right side and say:" Allaahumma aslamtu nafsee ilayk, wafawwadtu amree ilayk, wawajjahtu wajhee ilayk, wa-alja'tu thahree ilayk, raghbatan warahbatan ilayk, laa maljaa walaa manjaa minka illaa ilayk, aamantu bikitaabikal-lathee anzalt, wabinabiyyikal-lathee arsalt.

[O Allaah, I submit my soul unto You, and I entrust my affair unto You, and I turn my face towards You, and I totally rely on You, in hope and fear of You. Verily there is no refuge nor safe haven from You except with You. I believe in Your Book which You have revealed and in Your Prophet whom You have sent.]

Of course, one puts his hand under the cheek according to the Hadeeth by Huthayfah

: "When the Prophet

used to sleep, he would put his hand under his head." Another Hadeeth reads: "…He would put his hand under his cheek.
" [Ahmad and At-Tirmithi]

Ibn Al-Qayyim

said: "The best way to sleep is to sleep on the right side so that, in this manner, the food will be well stabilized in the stomach as the latter is a little bit to the left side [of the body], and then one turns to the right side for a while in order to quicken the digestion as the stomach in such a way leans on the liver, and then one should turn again to sleep on the left side so that the food will be quickly and easily digested. So, one should sleep on the right side at the beginning of his sleep and at the end of his sleep. Sleeping too much on the left side causes harm to the heart because of other organs being pushed towards it."

As regards sleeping on one's back, we do not know any evidence that prohibits it. However, Imaam Ibn Al-Qayyim

said: "The worst kind of sleep is to sleep on one's back, but this does not cause any harm for someone who lies on his back without sleeping, and worse than this is to sleep on one's stomach."
Therefore, sleeping on one's back is bad, and some scholars

said that this is how the tyrants and oppressors sleep. Sleeping on one's back is even more disliked for a woman. Imaam Ahmad

was asked: "Is it dislikeable for a woman to lie and sleep on her back? He replied: "Yes, I swear by Allaah, this is disliked."

Moreover, As-Safareeni

said: "It is reported that 'Umar Ibn 'Abdul-'Azeez

disliked for a woman to sleep on her back. This is because it is assumed that if a woman sleeps in this manner, her 'Awrah (the parts of the body that must be covered in Islam) will be unveiled and it is easier in this manner that evil may happen to her [that a man would rape her]."

For more benefit on the mention of Allaah that one should say before going to sleep, please refer to Fatwa 87928.

Allaah Knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...ang=E&Id=90183

Muslim Woman
12-30-2015, 04:30 PM

Fatwa No : 87928

Prounouncing the Shahadah before sleeping

Fatwa Date : Rabee' Al-Aakhir 19, 1425 / 8-6-2004

Question

Is it obligatory to say the Shahada when going to sleep?

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

It is absolutely not a Wajib (obligation) to say the Shahada when going to sleep.

However, if a person says it before sleeping, then this is a good thing, because if he dies when asleep, the last of his words would have been “La Ilaha Illah Allah”. And so, the meaning of the Hadith applies to him that “Whoever his last word from this world is ‘La Ilaha Illa Allah’ he would enter Paradise.”

We draw your attention that there are many forms of remembrance to be said before sleeping:

- Whoever reads Ayah Al-Kursi before sleeping will be protected from Satan until he wakes up.

Bukhari reported a long Hadith on this narrated by Abu Hurairah from the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam). To supplicate: O Allah, I submit my soul unto You, and I entrust my affair unto You, and I turn my face towards You, and I totally rely on You, in hope and fear of You.Verily there is no refuge or safe haven from you except with you. I believe in Your Book which you have revealed and in Your Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) whom you have sent.” If you then die, you will die upon the Fitrah.

[Reported by Bukhari and Muslim]

Allah knows best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zara3101
12-30-2015, 04:55 PM
Salam sister

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it, will definitely try that tonight and continue to do so. May Allah bless you
Jazakillah khairun

Kiro
12-31-2015, 04:09 AM
I can't sleep too.

M.Masood
12-31-2015, 04:58 AM
Assalamualikum Zara,

How are you now? Any updates on your sleep?

Regards,

Zara3101
12-31-2015, 05:03 AM
Waalaikumasalam brother,

I am still awake for the most part, however I'm only able to get to sleep if someone else sleeps in the same room. Whenever I'm
In the room alone I imagine shayateen everywhere

Jazakillah

Zara3101
12-31-2015, 05:03 AM
Same reason?

Search
12-31-2015, 05:36 AM
:bism:

Hey, sis, welcome to the board!

Very sorry to hear about your insomnia, dear sis Zara. Please recite Surah Mulk and Surah Sajda for the purpose of attaining a peaceful and blissful sleep God-willing. Additionally, please know that Intranaturals has a product called Luna that comprises of completely herbal vegetarian capsules for the purpose of falling sleep that you might want to try for your insomnia. Please also recognize imagining presence of shayateen all around you is not quite a healthy mindset and such mindset probably ensues from waswas (insinuating whispers) and therefore finally and most importantly God-willing maybe read this short helpful PDF arranged like a book: Whisperings of Shaytaan.

:wa:

Zara3101
12-31-2015, 05:54 AM
Salam sister

Thank you so much for the advice and concern,much appreciated. Inshallah will look into what you said and it will hopefully work.

Jazakillah, Zara

Muslim Woman
12-31-2015, 07:20 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
I can't sleep too.

do u sleep during day time ?

hisnameiszzz
12-31-2015, 10:44 AM
Oh this is a good thread. Thanks OP.

I've been struggling to sleep for a very long time thanks to the neighbours making so much noise.

I am going to pray the suggestions people have mentioned. I pray most of them daily anyway.

Thanks everyone.

Kiro
12-31-2015, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

do u sleep during day time ?
No. It's holiday insomnia.

p.s Do I know you from Ummah ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.