/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Smile :)
12-31-2015, 11:49 PM
Hi, I'm a fairly new Muslim. Been Muslim since July 2014. But still getting used to things. Thought I'd just join up to see the experiences of other Muslims. So hi.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
12-31-2015, 11:55 PM
:sl:

Great name Sis, smiling is sunnah :).

Welcome to IB, hope you benefit :ia:.

Feel free to share your story to Islam here: http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...s-post-33.html

Search
12-31-2015, 11:57 PM
:bism:

Hi, welcome to the board, sweetie! Hope you're doing great.

2014, huh?! Masha-Allah (as God-willed), that's awesome. Mabruk (congratulations), sweetie!

Take things slow and remember no one is perfect and Islam was revealed over a period of 23 years - so, be sure to go at your own pace in terms of whatever learning you undertake.

Here we have a nice community of both Muslims and non-Muslims here, and both groups engage in respectful dialogue with one another which is awesome.

If you have any questions or concerns, do not be shy and be sure to holler at us and we'd be happy to help ya in any way we can In-sha-Allah (God-willing)!

Take care of ya, sweetie!

:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Smile :)
Hi, I'm a fairly new Muslim. Been Muslim since July 2014. But still getting used to things. Thought I'd just join up to see the experiences of other Muslims. So hi.

01-01-2016, 12:04 AM
Thanks everyone.It was a big change but it's for the best.

format_quote Originally Posted by Search
Take things slow and remember no one is perfect and Islam was revealed over a period of 23 years - so, be sure to go at your own pace in terms of whatever learning you undertake.
I must admit it's one thing I've found kinda difficult. Everything's has moved realy fast, with all the changes in my life. But trying my best. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Search
01-01-2016, 12:19 AM

Yeah? Hey, sis, sorry to hear that it's been kinda difficult. Some people though well-meaning may push you way too fast and that is never the point of Islam.

Islam is meant to be taken as per our own pace with sincerity to God. So, if someone is like do this or do that and you aren't all that ready, you can be nice but - lol - do your own thing, sis (winks).

Embracing Islam is itself a drastic change; so, don't be in too much of a hurry - hehe. Also, remember that Islam is supposed to be easy as per hadith (prophetic tradition) and so don't let anyone make it difficult for ya. Islam is meant to beautify us, and if I may use the analogy, we females can kinda take our own sweet time about getting ready when we want to look good and so in that same way beautifying us with Islam takes time too.

Always, remember, sweetie, that God looks at intentions, and so Allah SubhanAllah wa Taala (Glorious and Exalted is God) knows that you are trying your best and loves that you are trying your best. So, In-sha-Allah (God-willing), don't be overwhelmed and do whatever feels easy.

Also, when we humans are born, we first turn this or that way, then crawl, then learn to walk, then jump, then run. So, we should adopt a kinda similar approach to Islam so that we're progressing but at the same time we're doing so in stages. Baby steps, and In-sha-Allah (God-willing), that way we'll mature into our Islam the best way.

And I know it's a big change, sweetie; and In-sha-Allah (God-willing) over a period of time that change is gonna feel completely natural. So, be patient with yourself, sweetie, and know that patience wins everything. (Winks.)

By the way, I know you're a new member, but I'd be happy to be converse with you via PM or email anytime.

Wishing you the best,

:wa:

Thanks everyone.It was a big change but it's for the best.
I must admit it's one thing I've found kinda difficult. Everything's has moved realy fast, with all the changes in my life. But trying my best. :)

01-01-2016, 12:34 AM
Well, it's kinda complicated (I did a post on the Stories of Muslim Reverts topic). I'm not your typical revert as I'm a revert who is also in a Muslim family. My mum reverted before me, I did a bit later and my stepdad has been Muslim his whole life. So I'm a revert, but also living in a family of devout Muslims. I'm quite young and still with my parents so going slow isn't always an option, especially with my stepdad. I know they want what's best for me, though it can be tough when you want to take things slower.

Search
01-01-2016, 12:50 AM

Just read your story, sis, and awesome!

Yeah, I can understand how going at your pace might not always be an option with your parents expecting maybe too much but then respectfully share with your parents that you still might want to take certain things slow as the point of Islam is to fall in love with God and do out of love for God. However, when we end up doing too much way too soon, that love is not going to be there as an instrument of us naturally incorporating Islam. So, listening to your instincts will also be important, sweetie, and In-sha-Allah (God-willing) your parents' hearts are opened to understanding your need to obey your instincts to go slower when you need to.

In Islam, while we're always supposed to respect our parents, parents are supposed to be able to become our friends in Islam as we grow older. So, maybe see this as a way to open the door to that friendship so that they can too learn to respect your wishes.

As far as many different things like not having a boyfriend and wearing a jilbab are concerned, you're young Masha-Allah (as God willed) and while those are great things, I'm sure you might sometimes feel the odd person out among your circle of school mates. So, I'd say feel free to share your struggles with us, and don't ever feel that you're going to receive any judgment from us if you feel you still struggle; and believe me, you're as a Muslimah in a unique position of leadership, but it takes time and experience to be a great leader. So, In-sha-Allah, sis.

(Hugs.) No matter what, remember we're here to support ya, sis! Muah. <3

Well, it's kinda complicated (I did a post on the Stories of Muslim Reverts topic). I'm not your typical revert as I'm a revert who is also in a Muslim family. My mum reverted before me, I did a bit later and my stepdad has been Muslim his whole life. So I'm a revert, but also living in a family of devout Muslims. I'm quite young and still with my parents so going slow isn't always an option, especially with my stepdad. I know they want what's best for me, though it can be tough when you want to take things slower.

greenhill
01-01-2016, 02:34 AM
Welcome to the forum and to the deen.

Looks like you're settling in fine already.:statisfie

Wishing you a great stay

:peace:

MuslimInshallah
01-02-2016, 10:17 AM
Assalaamu alaikum, my dear.

(smile) Welcome Smile...

May God, the Gentle, Enfold you in His Care.

sister herb
01-02-2016, 10:53 AM
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum. It´s nice to get more sisters here. :) I was just thinking that surely sister MuslimInshallah will loves your name, as she likes to put (smiles) to hers posts:

format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum, my dear.

(smile) Welcome Smile...

May God, the Gentle, Enfold you in His Care.
:D As you can see.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!