/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When and How a Man Attains the Reality of Eemaan Posted,

abo mussaab
01-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Al-Fudayl Bin Iyaad…:
لا يبلغ العبد حقيقة الإيمان حتى يعد البلاء نعمة والرخاء مصيبة وحتى لا يحب أن يحمد على عبادة الله
A servant does not reach (taste, acquire) the reality of eemaan until he considers tribulation (calamity) to be a blessing and comfort (opulence) to be a calamity, and until he loves not that he should be praised for worship of Allaah.
Al-Siyar of al-Dhahabi (8/434)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-14-2016, 10:43 AM
''A servant does not reach (taste, acquire) the reality of eemaan until he considers tribulation (calamity) to be a blessing and comfort (opulence) to be a calamity,''?????In this age, perhaps None can reach the reality of iman but a few ones.

emem
02-14-2016, 11:10 AM
Thank you.

Serinity
02-14-2016, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
''A servant does not reach (taste, acquire) the reality of eemaan until he considers tribulation (calamity) to be a blessing and comfort (opulence) to be a calamity,''?????In this age, perhaps None can reach the reality of iman but a few ones.
Understand it this way.

For one to recieve ease, abundance and comfort, one has to be very careful. Cause one thing:

A. It might be a punishment, easing you towards Hell.

For hardship:

A. It might be a hardship that will move you towards good.

A rich man who has the world, won't think much of his hereafter right?

But one who is constantly hit by the reality and struggles of life, is forced to think.. But many seem to fail and complain, and lose out.

So a tip from me: whenever hit by a calamity think of it like this: The way to Jannah is through hardship.. The way to Hell is that of ease and pleasure etc.

So deduce your situation by that.. But don't despair or take it too literally.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
02-14-2016, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abo mussaab
Al-Fudayl Bin Iyaad…:
لا يبلغ العبد حقيقة الإيمان حتى يعد البلاء نعمة والرخاء مصيبة وحتى لا يحب أن يحمد على عبادة الله
A servant does not reach (taste, acquire) the reality of eemaan until he considers tribulation (calamity) to be a blessing and comfort (opulence) to be a calamity, and until he loves not that he should be praised for worship of Allaah.
Al-Siyar of al-Dhahabi (8/434)

Al-Dahabi wasn't being very accurate and conclusive in his opinion when he made such a statement because the guidance of Allah supersedes all of us.

وَإِذْ تَأَذَّنَ رَبُّكُمْ لَئِن شَكَرْتُمْ لأَزِيدَنَّكُمْ وَلَئِن كَفَرْتُمْ إِنَّ عَذَابِي لَشَدِيدٌ
{7*014:007*Khan:

And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: "If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshipping none but Allah), I will give you more (of My Blessings), but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily! My Punishment is indeed severe."

وَلَقَدْ آتَيْنَا دَاوُودَ وَسُلَيْمَانَ عِلْمًا وَقَالَا الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي فَضَّلَنَا عَلَى كَثِيرٍ مِّنْ عِبَادِهِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ
{15*027:015*Khan:

And indeed We gave knowledge to Dawud (David) and Sulaiman (Solomon), and they both said: "All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has preferred us above many of His believing slaves!"

قَالَ الَّذِي عِندَهُ عِلْمٌ مِّنَ الْكِتَابِ أَنَا آتِيكَ بِهِ قَبْلَ أَن يَرْتَدَّ إِلَيْكَ طَرْفُكَ فَلَمَّا رَآهُ مُسْتَقِرًّا عِندَهُ قَالَ هَذَا مِن فَضْلِ رَبِّي لِيَبْلُوَنِي أَأَشْكُرُ أَمْ أَكْفُرُ وَمَن شَكَرَ فَإِنَّمَا يَشْكُرُ لِنَفْسِهِ وَمَن كَفَرَ فَإِنَّ رَبِّي غَنِيٌّ كَرِيمٌ

{40*027:040*Khan:

One with whom was knowledge of the Scripture said: "I will bring it to you within the twinkling of an eye!" then when [Sulaiman (Solomon)] saw it placed before him, he said:
"This is by the Grace of my Lord to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful!
And whoever is grateful, truly, his gratitude is for (the good of) his ownself,
and whoever is ungrateful, (he is ungrateful only for the loss of his ownself) Certainly! My Lord is Rich (Free of all wants), Bountiful."

When piety, charity or jihad in Allah's way is looked down upon or scorned, one should flaunt piety, charity or jihad in Allah's way as a trophy which they're exclusively winning, especially if they are in the spotlight, in order to get the dopamine in the reward centers of the brains of the masses surging at the thought of pleasing Allah and achieving eternal success

رَبِّ هَبْ لِي حُكْمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ
{83*026:083*Khan:

My Lord! Bestow Hukman (religious knowledge, right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) on me, and join me with the righteous;
وَاجْعَل لِّي لِسَانَ صِدْقٍ فِي الْآخِرِينَ

{84*026:084
And grant me an honourable mention in later generations;

I have added the words PROPHET and PBUH were the name alone was used.

Abu Dujana is remembered as being one of PROPHET Muhammad's PBUH most skilled companions in the battlefield, highly excelling in*melee combat. He frequently distinguished himself in battle by wearing a red band on his head, and engaged in bravado before fighting by strutting in front of his adversaries.

In the*Battle of Uhud, PROPHET Muhammad PBUH gave Abu Dujana his sword as the often cited hadith narration reads:

Anas reported that prophet Muhammad PBUH took hold of his sword on the Day of Uhud and said:
Who would take it from me? All the persons stretched their hands saying: I would do it, I would do it.
He (Muhammad) said: Who would take it in order to fulfil its rights?
Then the people withdrew their hands. Abu Dujana said: I am here to take it and fulfil its rights.
He took it and struck the heads of the*polytheists.[citation needed]

During the*Battle of Uhud, Abu Dujana pierced into the enemy's lines, and even came within striking distance to the notorious*Quraishleader,*Hind bint Utbah*who was encouraging others to mutilate the body of dead Muslims. According to various accounts, Abu Dujana spared her since he did not want to stain PROPHET Muhammad's
PBUH sword with the blood of a woman.[2]Abu Dujana, during the Battle of Uhud, received several wounds in his back after placing himself around PROPHET Muhammad pbuh so as to act as a protection from arrows.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dujana

Abu Dujana had a certain kind of strut & confidence in the battlefield, like a boastful walk. When the Prophet saw Abu Dujana racing back & forth in the battlefield with that kind of walk,
he commented, “This is the type of walk that normally Allah does not like, except in the battlefield, because that is the time to exert one’s will over the will of the enemy.”

http://destinationjannah.tumblr.com/...rah-abu-dujana

Notice the way budweiser played on the minds of the masses at the superbowl:
Were they being humble in their jihad in the way of shaytaan or were they trying to flaunt it?

Another example is the way Uthman (ra) presented a sack of gold coins to the Prophet pbuh before a worn out audience despite Uthman (ra) having private access to the Prophet pbuh at any time.

Chapter Name:Al-Araf Verse No:43وَنَزَعْنَا مَا فِي صُدُورِهِم مِّنْ غِلٍّ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهِمُ الأَنْهَارُ وَقَالُواْ الْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ الَّذِي هَدَانَا لِهَـذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لِنَهْتَدِيَ لَوْلا أَنْ هَدَانَا اللّهُ لَقَدْ جَاءتْ رُسُلُ رَبِّنَا بِالْحَقِّ

وَنُودُواْ أَن تِلْكُمُ الْجَنَّةُ أُورِثْتُمُوهَا بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ
{43*007:043*Khan:

And We shall remove from their breasts any (mutual) hatred or sense of injury (which they had, if at all, in the life of this world); rivers flowing under them, and they will say: "All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has guided us to this, never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allah had guided us! Indeed, the Messengers of our Lord did come with the truth."
And it will be cried out to them: "This is the Paradise which you have inherited for what you used to do."

Chapter Name:Az-Zukhruf Verse No:لِتَسْتَوُوا عَلَى ظُهُورِهِ ثُمَّ تَذْكُرُوا نِعْمَةَ رَبِّكُمْ إِذَا اسْتَوَيْتُمْ عَلَيْهِ وَتَقُولُوا سُبْحانَ الَّذِي سَخَّرَ لَنَا هَذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِينَ*043:13

Khan:

In order that you may mount firmly on their backs, and then may remember the Favour of your Lord when you mount thereon,
and say: "Glory to Him who has subjected this to us, and we could never have it (by our efforts)."

Imagine being very hungry and suddenly being presented a large delicious meal with pure and halal food which it is halal for you to eat, you're meant to be grateful and say : "praise be to Allah who has fed us, watered us, and made us of those who submit to Him" - not feel dismayed and wring your hands in despair at the thought that a backbreaking calamity has befallen you in that Allah bestowed some blessing upon you.

Taking zuhd to extremes can harm the evolving psyche and pervert essential nerve wiring.

Serinity
02-14-2016, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Al-Dahabi wasn't being very accurate and conclusive in his opinion when he made such a statement because the guidance of Allah supersedes all of us.

وَإِذْ تَأَذَّنَ رَبُّكُمْ لَئِن شَكَرْتُمْ لأَزِيدَنَّكُمْ وَلَئِن كَفَرْتُمْ إِنَّ عَذَابِي لَشَدِيدٌ
{7*014:007*Khan:

And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: "If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshipping none but Allah), I will give you more (of My Blessings), but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily! My Punishment is indeed severe."

وَلَقَدْ آتَيْنَا دَاوُودَ وَسُلَيْمَانَ عِلْمًا وَقَالَا الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي فَضَّلَنَا عَلَى كَثِيرٍ مِّنْ عِبَادِهِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ
{15*027:015*Khan:

And indeed We gave knowledge to Dawud (David) and Sulaiman (Solomon), and they both said: "All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has preferred us above many of His believing slaves!"

قَالَ الَّذِي عِندَهُ عِلْمٌ مِّنَ الْكِتَابِ أَنَا آتِيكَ بِهِ قَبْلَ أَن يَرْتَدَّ إِلَيْكَ طَرْفُكَ فَلَمَّا رَآهُ مُسْتَقِرًّا عِندَهُ قَالَ هَذَا مِن فَضْلِ رَبِّي لِيَبْلُوَنِي أَأَشْكُرُ أَمْ أَكْفُرُ وَمَن شَكَرَ فَإِنَّمَا يَشْكُرُ لِنَفْسِهِ وَمَن كَفَرَ فَإِنَّ رَبِّي غَنِيٌّ كَرِيمٌ

{40*027:040*Khan:

One with whom was knowledge of the Scripture said: "I will bring it to you within the twinkling of an eye!" then when [Sulaiman (Solomon)] saw it placed before him, he said:
"This is by the Grace of my Lord to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful!
And whoever is grateful, truly, his gratitude is for (the good of) his ownself,
and whoever is ungrateful, (he is ungrateful only for the loss of his ownself) Certainly! My Lord is Rich (Free of all wants), Bountiful."

When piety, charity or jihad in Allah's way is looked down upon or scorned, one should flaunt piety, charity or jihad in Allah's way as a trophy which they're exclusively winning, especially if they are in the spotlight, in order to get the dopamine in the reward centers of the brains of the masses surging at the thought of pleasing Allah and achieving eternal success

رَبِّ هَبْ لِي حُكْمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ
{83*026:083*Khan:

My Lord! Bestow Hukman (religious knowledge, right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) on me, and join me with the righteous;
وَاجْعَل لِّي لِسَانَ صِدْقٍ فِي الْآخِرِينَ

{84*026:084
And grant me an honourable mention in later generations;

I have added the words PROPHET and PBUH were the name alone was used.

Abu Dujana is remembered as being one of PROPHET Muhammad's PBUH most skilled companions in the battlefield, highly excelling in*melee combat. He frequently distinguished himself in battle by wearing a red band on his head, and engaged in bravado before fighting by strutting in front of his adversaries.

In the*Battle of Uhud, PROPHET Muhammad PBUH gave Abu Dujana his sword as the often cited hadith narration reads:

Anas reported that prophet Muhammad PBUH took hold of his sword on the Day of Uhud and said:
Who would take it from me? All the persons stretched their hands saying: I would do it, I would do it.
He (Muhammad) said: Who would take it in order to fulfil its rights?
Then the people withdrew their hands. Abu Dujana said: I am here to take it and fulfil its rights.
He took it and struck the heads of the*polytheists.[citation needed]

During the*Battle of Uhud, Abu Dujana pierced into the enemy's lines, and even came within striking distance to the notorious*Quraishleader,*Hind bint Utbah*who was encouraging others to mutilate the body of dead Muslims. According to various accounts, Abu Dujana spared her since he did not want to stain PROPHET Muhammad's
PBUH sword with the blood of a woman.[2]Abu Dujana, during the Battle of Uhud, received several wounds in his back after placing himself around PROPHET Muhammad pbuh so as to act as a protection from arrows.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dujana

Abu Dujana had a certain kind of strut & confidence in the battlefield, like a boastful walk. When the Prophet saw Abu Dujana racing back & forth in the battlefield with that kind of walk,
he commented, “This is the type of walk that normally Allah does not like, except in the battlefield, because that is the time to exert one’s will over the will of the enemy.”

http://destinationjannah.tumblr.com/...rah-abu-dujana

Notice the way budweiser played on the minds of the masses at the superbowl:
Were they being humble in their jihad in the way of shaytaan or were they trying to flaunt it?

Another example is the way Uthman (ra) presented a sack of gold coins to the Prophet pbuh before a worn out audience despite Uthman (ra) having private access to the Prophet pbuh at any time.

Chapter Name:Al-Araf Verse No:43وَنَزَعْنَا مَا فِي صُدُورِهِم مِّنْ غِلٍّ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهِمُ الأَنْهَارُ وَقَالُواْ الْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ الَّذِي هَدَانَا لِهَـذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لِنَهْتَدِيَ لَوْلا أَنْ هَدَانَا اللّهُ لَقَدْ جَاءتْ رُسُلُ رَبِّنَا بِالْحَقِّ

وَنُودُواْ أَن تِلْكُمُ الْجَنَّةُ أُورِثْتُمُوهَا بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ
{43*007:043*Khan:

And We shall remove from their breasts any (mutual) hatred or sense of injury (which they had, if at all, in the life of this world); rivers flowing under them, and they will say: "All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has guided us to this, never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allah had guided us! Indeed, the Messengers of our Lord did come with the truth."
And it will be cried out to them: "This is the Paradise which you have inherited for what you used to do."

Chapter Name:Az-Zukhruf Verse No:لِتَسْتَوُوا عَلَى ظُهُورِهِ ثُمَّ تَذْكُرُوا نِعْمَةَ رَبِّكُمْ إِذَا اسْتَوَيْتُمْ عَلَيْهِ وَتَقُولُوا سُبْحانَ الَّذِي سَخَّرَ لَنَا هَذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِينَ*043:13

Khan:

In order that you may mount firmly on their backs, and then may remember the Favour of your Lord when you mount thereon,
and say: "Glory to Him who has subjected this to us, and we could never have it (by our efforts)."

Imagine being very hungry and suddenly being presented a large delicious meal with pure and halal food which it is halal for you to eat, you're meant to be grateful and say : "praise be to Allah who has fed us, watered us, and made us of those who submit to Him" - not feel dismayed and wring your hands in despair at the thought that a backbreaking calamity has befallen you in that Allah bestowed some blessing upon you.

Taking zuhd to extremes can harm the evolving psyche and pervert essential nerve wiring.
Yes, we should not take anything into extremes.

Be it worshipping Allah, etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.