/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why majority of gossipers and backbiters are women?

ardianto
01-02-2016, 06:03 PM
:sl:

I do not intend to start "the gender war". But I just wonder why majority of gossipers and backbiters are women?. Is it because men prefer to talk about themselves than talk about other people?.

Since I was young I notice that men love to talk about their life experiences while women prefer to talk about people around them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
01-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Maybe because women are more social than men - they have larger social circles than men have. And they love to talk.

A husband was trying to prove to his wife that women talk more than men. He showed her a study which indicated that men use about 10,000 words per day, whereas women use 20,000 words per day.

His wife thought about this for a while. She then told her husband that women use twice as many words as men because they have to repeat everything they say.

Her husband looked stunned. He said “What?”

hisnameiszzz
01-02-2016, 07:24 PM
I don't agree with the OP.

Have you ever been to a Mosque between Asar and Maghrib? Listen to the gossip that happens there, the men beat the women hands down! Some of the things they gossip about should not happen in a Mosque.

Also, the men I work with in my team are twice as gossipy and backbitey than the women. Women at my work place tend to be more childish and argue over small things such as "she didn't send me a birthday text, I am NEVER EVER talking to her again". LOL.

PS. I am not suggesting all Mosques are the same. This happens in my Mosque but I am hopeful it is an anomaly and that all the men (and women) who go to other Mosques behave in a much better fashion. And I am not casting aspersions, it is what I have heard with my own ears.

*charisma*
01-02-2016, 11:57 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

It's because a lot of women are non confrontational, so instead of communicating their issues to other women, they gossip about them. Also women have a jealous nature, so to discredit other women they gossip about them. Gossip is really a reflection on how a woman feels about herself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimInshallah
01-03-2016, 06:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

I do not intend to start "the gender war". But I just wonder why majority of gossipers and backbiters are women?.
Wa alaikum assalaam Ardianto,

Mmm... Is it actually true that women gossip and backbite more than men? Could you offer any evidence of this? (pensively) And perhaps we need to define what is meant by gossip. You mention noticing that men talk more about themselves, and women talk more about others... but it is possible to talk about others in positive ways, you know. (curious) Would you consider this gossip? And is this (positive) form of speech problematic?

(smile) May Allah, the Knowing, Reward those who participate in discussion to better understand one another.

sister herb
01-03-2016, 10:12 AM
I think we at the first should spend a lot of time with the opposite gender to know what they really speak and how much they gossip. But at the same time Islam teaches not to spend too much time with opposite gender. So, many times we don´t really know if others gossip more than we do. I have heard many times that women gossip much more than men but I think it´s just a myth.

In some of my jobs where have been both genders as workmates, I haven´t seen any difference between men and women with this. To me, it´s annoying, who ever does it. My way to stop it has been usually that when someone starts to talk about the matters of some third person, I have said that I prefer to know such things from the person himself. Or some other time I have started to talk something good about the person which others talk bad.

azc
01-03-2016, 11:46 AM
It may be due to innate quality but men are equally indulge in it

ardianto
01-03-2016, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Wa alaikum assalaam Ardianto,

Mmm... Is it actually true that women gossip and backbite more than men? Could you offer any evidence of this? (pensively) And perhaps we need to define what is meant by gossip. You mention noticing that men talk more about themselves, and women talk more about others... but it is possible to talk about others in positive ways, you know. (curious) Would you consider this gossip? And is this (positive) form of speech problematic?

(smile) May Allah, the Knowing, Reward those who participate in discussion to better understand one another.
The idea to make this thread came after I wrote a post in thread : is this ok

[Do you have funny or interesting experience?. Do you have idea, or dream about future?. ......... When you chat with your friends, share your experience, or your idea, or your dream. In Shaa Allah, talk about yourself will prevent you from talk about someone else]

A question suddenly came in my mind. "Is the cause why gossip and backbiting habit among women is stronger than among men because men prefer to talk about themselves while women prefer to talk about other people?".

I grew up together with women and I live together with women. So I can see how is the women life directly, and can hear what women say directly. In example, I could know what my mother, or my wife, or my sisters, or my female relatives, discuss with their friends when they in travelling in car because I was the driver in the car. I could know what female students in school talked because I was sitting or standing near them when they were chatting. Another source is women themselves. They told about gossip and backbiting habit among women to me.

Few people around me also ever got trouble because gossip or backbiting that addressed toward them. And from what I have noticed, the perpetrator that made this gossip or backbite was, ..... woman again, woman again. Yes, like I have said, I do not intend to start the gender war. But this is a reality that I have seen. That's why I created this thread.

Since I was young I have noticed that men prefer to talk about themselves while women prefer to talk about people around them. Older men often told me about their childhood or youth life, about their success. While older women told me about their children or their husbands. I notice too that often enough a woman start her chat with "Have you heard a news about Mrs. X?", while a man often start his chat with "I just returned from .... " and he start talk about his experience in that place. I found too that girls can phone their friends only to get the 'the latest news' about some people. Even they could start their phone chat with "Do you have new gossip?". I know it from women themselves.

Do the men talk about other people?. Yes, and they even often talk about other people. But they are not focus only to one person, and not detail. When the men gather they can talk about Mr. A, but a moment later they talk about Mr. B, then about Mr. C, and Mr. D. And they are not detail when talking about the person that become object. This is why I cannot see it as gossip because gossip is 'focused talking' about one person in detail.

ardianto
01-03-2016, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

It's because a lot of women are non confrontational, so instead of communicating their issues to other women, they gossip about them. Also women have a jealous nature, so to discredit other women they gossip about them. Gossip is really a reflection on how a woman feels about herself.
Wa'alaikumsalam.

A man can jealous too toward another man who is richer, more success, or more handsome. But men usually hide this jealousy and do not want other people know because jealousy like this is considered as sign of weakness.

Men can backbite too. Sometime I found a man backbite about another man that cause trouble for him, or about another man that made him jealous. But there's always other man who remind with "If you have problem with him you should tell him, not just backbite like this!". Or, "Rather than you are jealous with someone else's success, it's better you learn how to gain success like him!".

How about among women?. When a woman backbite, is there another woman who remind her?.

ardianto
01-03-2016, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Maybe because women are more social than men - they have larger social circles than men have. And they love to talk.
From what I have noticed, men are not less social than women. Even due to nature of men that more mobile than women, a man can have more social circles than a woman can have in the same time. I myself had many social circles when I was young. At the day I gather with guys from one social circle, at night with guy from other social circle. Next day with different social circle.

Men indeed, talk less than women. But it doesn't mean men do not love to talk. However, from what I have noticed, men prefer to talk about themselves while women prefer to talk about people around them, or about other people. You can see it in my posts. Just notice, how many posts that I have written only to talk about myself?. :)

Probably this difference caused by different family upbringing. Since a man was kid he has taught to build his own success, to solve his own problem. It could make a man more focus only to himself. While the girls are taught to care to the family, like through cooking for the family. It could make a woman has bigger care and attention to the other. I can feel that my sisters care and attention to me is bigger than my brother care and attention to me.

But bigger care and attention is also can make a woman has bigger tendency to curious about someone else, and bigger tendency to intervene the others. Frankly, my mother and my aunts often intervene me with "You should do like this, you should be like that", while my father and my uncles attitude were "If you sure, just do it".

Basically men are more selfish than women. That's why they prefer to talk about themselves than talk about other people.

greenhill
01-03-2016, 03:00 PM
This thread jars the memory to seek this quote below. Another one of those things that sits uneasy for me ever since it was brought to my attention.

The Prophet said, "I looked at Paradise and saw that the majority of its residents were the poor; and I looked at the (Hell) Fire and saw that the majority of its residents were women." (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 126)

I often wondered why this is so? The holy prophet would surely explain. The explanation I get is very simple, too simple for my liking. The things of the nafs, the nature of the crooked rib, and without the stern but loving nurturing of the men, women will fall for desires. (Hence the saying, behind every successful man is a driven woman?) They want better. Envy, jealous, vengeful (like the saying hell has no fury like a woman scorned), were words cited, I can't remember the rest. It was enough to cause me to pause and reflect. But what about my sister? My mother? My wife? Then I filed and forgot. Thanked Allah I'm a male.

Today, this thread reopens old concerns for me.. it might be part of the reason why the he prophet s.a.w reported what he saw.

Hope you all see the connection and that I'm not too way off topic :omg:

:peace:

MuslimInshallah
01-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Ardianto,

Mmm... but is it true what you are asserting? I mean, can we really extrapolate from a few close individuals and determine that the whole world is represented? Asking why are the majority of gossipers and backbiters women, without even ascertaining that this is even true, is rather like asking a man when was the last time you beat your wife? (smile) Maybe the man has never beaten his wife...

(smile) I did a quick internet search on the subject. The general media was full of titles like: new study says men gossip more than women!!! (smile) However, I don't really consider such sites as reliable. So I had a quick look at the scientific literature (type nih after your search terms to find these) . This was a bit more interesting. Here, you can read explorations of what gossip means (and different people can define it differently). You can read about how generally people tend to think that they gossip less than the "average person". And that both men and women like to gossip, though they may engage in gossip in subtly different ways. (smile) And then, you can also read about the possible social usefulness of gossip...

As for backbiting, it seems to me that this is a sub-category of gossip. I see terms such as positive gossip, negative gossip and neutral gossip. Perhaps backbiting would be negative gossip?

(smile) Exchanging news and inquiring after people is not necessarily a bad thing. It can actually bring much benefit, I think.

As for backbiting, there are various ahadith about this. Here is one:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

Do you know what is backbiting? They (the Companions) said: Allah and His Messenger know best. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Backbiting implies your talking about your brother in a manner which he does not like. It was said to him: What is your opinion about this that if I actually find (that failing) in my brother which I made a mention of? He said: If (that failing) is actually found (in him) what you assert, you in fact backbited him, and if that is not in him it is a slander.

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ أَيُّوبَ، وَقُتَيْبَةُ، وَابْنُ، حُجْرٍ قَالُوا حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ، عَنِ الْعَلاَءِ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ أَتَدْرُونَ مَا الْغِيبَةُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالُوا اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَعْلَمُ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ ذِكْرُكَ أَخَاكَ بِمَا يَكْرَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قِيلَ أَفَرَأَيْتَ إِنْ كَانَ فِي أَخِي مَا أَقُولُ قَالَ ‏"‏ إِنْ كَانَ فِيهِ مَا تَقُولُ فَقَدِ اغْتَبْتَهُ وَإِنْ لَمْ يَكُنْ فِيهِ فَقَدْ بَهَتَّهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference : Sahih Muslim 2589
In-book reference : Book 45, Hadith 91
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 32, Hadith 6265
(deprecated numbering scheme)

http://sunnah.com/muslim/45/91

So it seems that backbiting and slander (which are serious sins) are the type of negative comments that a person would be upset were passed on. Passing on general news about a person and positive comments, it seems to me, should generally (there are always exceptions...) be ok.

(mulling) Does this mean we can never speak about something problematic in another? The following hadith sheds some light on this, I think (this is not the Prophet's (SAWS) words, however, but a comment by a thoughtful and knowledgeable person):

Amr bin Alī and Hasan al-Hulwānī narrated to me, both of them on authority of Affān bin Muslim, he said:
‘We were near Ismā’īl bin Ulayyah, and a man narrated on authority of another man, so I said: ‘Indeed this is not reliable (Thabt)’. So the man said: ‘Are you backbiting him?’ Ismā’īl said: ‘He is not backbiting him; rather he is judging him unreliable’.

حَدَّثَنِي عَمْرُو بْنُ عَلِيٍّ، وَحَسَنٌ الْحُلْوَانِيُّ، كِلاَهُمَا عَنْ عَفَّانَ بْنِ مُسْلِمٍ، قَالَ كُنَّا عِنْدَ إِسْمَاعِيلَ ابْنِ عُلَيَّةَ فَحَدَّثَ رَجُلٌ، عَنْ رَجُلٍ، فَقُلْتُ إِنَّ هَذَا لَيْسَ بِثَبْتٍ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَقَالَ الرَّجُلُ اغْتَبْتَهُ ‏.‏ قَالَ إِسْمَاعِيلُ مَا اغْتَابَهُ ‏.‏ وَلَكِنَّهُ حَكَمَ أَنَّهُ لَيْسَ بِثَبْتٍ ‏.‏
Reference : Sahih Muslim Introduction 84
In-book reference : Introduction, Narration 84

http://sunnah.com/muslim/introduction/84

This, it seems to me, makes sense: we can express our opinions on a relevant topic concerning another person. This is not backbiting.

Furthermore, when we need to clear a person's name of a false accusation, when we need to warn others to protect them from wrongdoers, or when we are seeking redress for an injustice... in these cases, we are not just idly or maliciously talking about another person, but trying to enjoin good and forbid wrongdoing (as we are Commanded in the Qur'an in multiple places, such as 3:110).

We can also seek help from those around us. For instance, when we don't know what to do, or what we should do (especially when we are in pain), sometimes we need to talk about our interactions with others. And sometimes, these others have not behaved very well. There are various ahadith of people coming to the Prophet (SAWS) in such a way. And these people were listened to, with no rebukes for having spoken. For instance:

It was narrated that 'Aishah said:
"Praise is to Allah Whose hearing encompasses all voices. The woman who disputed concerning her husband (Al-Mujadilah) came to the Prophet when I was (sitting) in a corner of the house, and she complained about her husband, but I did not hear what she said. The Allah revealed: 'Indeed Allah has heard the statement of her that disputes with you concerning her husband.'"

حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا الأَعْمَشُ، عَنْ تَمِيمِ بْنِ سَلَمَةَ، عَنْ عُرْوَةَ بْنِ الزُّبَيْرِ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، قَالَتِ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي وَسِعَ سَمْعُهُ الأَصْوَاتَ، لَقَدْ جَاءَتِ الْمُجَادِلَةُ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ وَأَنَا فِي نَاحِيَةِ الْبَيْتِ تَشْكُو زَوْجَهَا وَمَا أَسْمَعُ مَا تَقُولُ فَأَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ ‏{قَدْ سَمِعَ اللَّهُ قَوْلَ الَّتِي تُجَادِلُكَ فِي زَوْجِهَا}‏ ‏.‏
Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)

English reference : Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 188
Arabic reference : Book 1, Hadith 193

http://sunnah.com/urn/1251870

(smile) Anyway, these are the thoughts I have been having regarding your question, Ardianto. I was wondering whether your assertion about women is true... I was wondering what exactly gossip is... and I was wondering what are the limits to expressing misbehaviours. (smile) So thank you for your question; it was thought-provoking!

May Allah, the Just, Help us to know when to speak and when to be silent... and Strengthen us to do what is Pleasing to Him.

Karl
01-03-2016, 11:28 PM
It's because females have the gift of procreation and because this gift is so important they generally lack the gifts that males get. So females can have babies and males can't, so in compensation males are generally better at everything else. Some females may say I am sexist but when it comes to the crunch, females always fall back on males for support. "Gender equality" is a lie. Find a religion that supports it. Marxism is the only one.

Karl
01-03-2016, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
This thread jars the memory to seek this quote below. Another one of those things that sits uneasy for me ever since it was brought to my attention.

The Prophet said, "I looked at Paradise and saw that the majority of its residents were the poor; and I looked at the (Hell) Fire and saw that the majority of its residents were women." (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 126)

I often wondered why this is so? The holy prophet would surely explain. The explanation I get is very simple, too simple for my liking. The things of the nafs, the nature of the crooked rib, and without the stern but loving nurturing of the men, women will fall for desires. (Hence the saying, behind every successful man is a driven woman?) They want better. Envy, jealous, vengeful (like the saying hell has no fury like a woman scorned), were words cited, I can't remember the rest. It was enough to cause me to pause and reflect. But what about my sister? My mother? My wife? Then I filed and forgot. Thanked Allah I'm a male.

Today, this thread reopens old concerns for me.. it might be part of the reason why the he prophet s.a.w reported what he saw.

Yes ...my sisters told me they would prefer to be males. Period pains, raging hormones, mood swings up and down. They thought being female was hell, but when they had babies it was all worth it. To them their horrible little sprogs were beautiful and perfect. Another gift no doubt.

ardianto
01-04-2016, 12:10 AM
I understand if many people here disagree with what I have written, and I can understand too if some people here maybe regard me as misogynist. But please read again the title. I didn't write "Why majority of women are gossipers and backbiters?" which is an accusation toward women. But I wrote "Why majority of gossipers and backbiters are women?" which is a question that appeared in mind after a saw reality in my society.

Okay, now I must prepare myself to work. In Shaa Allah, I'll be back to the thread.

:)

Search
01-04-2016, 01:51 AM
:bism:

Hey, bro, no, don't be concerned. I don't regard you as a misogynist and In-sha-Allah others do not either.

From the start of the thread, I simply regarded you as sharing your experience. Also, your experience doesn't surprise me because, please correct me if I'm wrong, women generally do not work in Indonesia and are housewives? It is my belief that women who are housewives, if they do not properly fear God or do not have reservations about backbiting or are not pious or do not keep themselves busy with positive or productive activities to occupy them, will give into backbiting and gossip simply because they have too much time on their hands. And as the wise saying goes, "an idle mind is a devil's workshop."

To be honest, living in the U.S., my experience has been different in that I have seen men mostly indulge in the backbiting and gossip from which women seem to refrain or not partake in as frequently. That is why I agreed with bro hisnameiszzz.

Also, don't be concerned, as we all experience reality in societies in a dissimilar manner and often view things through the lenses of our experiences which naturally differs from person to person.

Hopefully though, especially as Muslims, this thread raises consciousness about the matter of backbiting and gossip so that if the propensity in indulging in that evil and sinful habit exists in us, we work towards rectifying that flaw In-sha-Allah, and this is of course a reminder first and foremost to myself In-sha-Allah.

Thanks for the thread.

:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I understand if many people here disagree with what I have written, and I can understand too if some people here maybe regard me as misogynist. But please read again the title. I didn't write "Why majority of women are gossipers and backbiters?" which is an accusation toward women. But I wrote "Why majority of gossipers and backbiters are women?" which is a question that appeared in mind after a saw reality in my society.

Okay, now I must prepare myself to work. In Shaa Allah, I'll be back to the thread.

:)

Search
01-04-2016, 02:04 AM
:bism:

Hey, bro, I do see the connection, but maybe Prophet :saw: meant in reference to this hadith (prophetic tradition) about women being ungrateful to their husbands, which I cannot say for sure but seems at least enough likely that I am also posting an explanation that is given on the subject as scholars actually propose that more women would be in Paradise than men. Also, curiously enough, my sheikh (may Allah bless him) said that more women than men are pious in our time, which I thought was a interesting observation as that has been my experience too.

Are there more women in Hell than men

In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful.
Answer
Saaiduna Ibn Abbas Radiallahu Anhu narrates that the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam said: “I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful.” It was asked, “Do they disbelieve in Allah?” or are they ungrateful to Allah? He replied, “They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favours and the good done to them. If you have always been good to one of them (your wives) and then she sees something in you, she will say, ‘I have never received any good from you.” (Sahih Bukhari p.9 v.1)

The wordings of this hadith tell us that there will be more women in Hell than men. However it should be understood that the hadith does not say that they will go to hell for being women, it actually points out that these women because of their ungratefulness are more likely to be in Hell. The hadith in fact is pointing out a shortcoming or a wrong of theirs.

However, in another hadith we can derive that there will be in fact more women in Paradise than men.

Once some people discussed whether there would be more men in Paradise or more women. It was upon this that Saaiduna Abu Hurairah Radiallahu Anhu reported that Abul Qasim (the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam) said: The (members) of the first group to get into Paradise would have their faces as bright as full moon during the night, and the next to this group would have their faces as bright as the shining stars in the sky, and every person would have two (worldly) wives and the marrow of their shanks would glimmer beneath the flesh and there would be none without a wife in Paradise. (Sahih Muslim)

Hafiz Bin Hajar (RA) says, ‘Saaiduna Abu Huraira Radiallahu Anhuused this hadith as a proof to maintain that there would be more women in Paradise than men.’ (Fathul Bari p.400 v.6)

There is now an apparent contradiction in the two ahadiths which have been reconciled in the foll[o]wing ways:
1. The women could be more in Hell and less in Paradise at the beginning. Thereafter, when they were purified of their sins or when intercession on their behalf is accepted, they would enter Paradise and they would outnumber the men there too. (Fathul Bari p.401 v.6)
2. The hadith could refer to the moment when the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam had physically seen Paradise and Hell. They do not mention that it will always remain like that. (Faidhul Bari p.244 v.4)

Only Allah Knows Best
Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham
Source
:wa:

I often wondered why this is so? The holy prophet would surely explain. [....]

ardianto
01-04-2016, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum Ardianto,
Wa'alaikumsalam MuslimInshallah.

The question "why majority of gossipers and backbiters are women" came from my personal experiences. Since I was young I have seen that gossip (not backbiting) is a habit among the older women from generation of "the mothers and aunts". They shared news about someone with each other. Even my mother often told me the news that she have heard. But I didn't see habit like that among "the fathers and uncles". I often listen to what they discuss, and I heard they discuss about politic, business, or personal experience, not about someone else.

Among youth. I found gossip habit among the girls that not so different than gossip habit among older women. How about among the boys?. The boys usually talked about sport, hobbies, or funny experiences. Indeed, they could talk about other people too, but not deeper like in gossip.

The gossips that spread among women were still neutral gossips, not backbite that tend to slander. Later when I grew older I began to find backbite cases that affect some people around me. But what made me wonder was the perpetrator were always women. This is why I wonder why majority of gossipers and backbiters are women?. But seem like in other places can be different like described by you and few other members here.[smile]

MuslimInshallah
01-04-2016, 09:01 PM

I often wondered why this is so?

Assalaamu alaikum Greenhill,

(smile) I thought about this one for a while, too. Considering that women also make up the majority of poor people, it seemed to me that there might be a contradiction in this hadith. (smile) However, I like to follow the thought of Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, and he wrote a most excellent book on how to read the ahadith called Approaching the Sunnah: Comprehension and Controversy. So I tried to follow his method: I tucked this hadith in my memory, and I continued reading and trying to understand.

(smile) And one day, I remembered the hadith about there coming a time when there would be very many more women than men (50 times more)... and a light flashed in my mind.

Under usual circumstances, there are more adult females in a population than males. If you then couple the fact that there tend to be more women than men in society, and then consider that the ratios will be so skewed by the End Times, that there are the 50 to 1 ratios as mentioned in the hadith... then it seems to me completely to be expected that there would be more women than men in the Fire.

To make a simple example, imagine that in total human history before the Last Day, there end up having existed twice as many women as men. Let's say that there were 1 bazillion men and 2 bazillion women. If men and women were equally likely to behave or misbehave, then you'd have the same percentage of each in Paradise or the Fire. For the sake of illustration, let's say that the rates of people going to the Fire was 50% (I just taking an easy to calculate percentage- this is totally made up otherwise). Then, you would have 1/2 a bazillion men in Hell... and 1 bazillion women. A clear majority.

(smile) Therefore, the greater percentage of the inhabitants in the Fire being women does not necessarily say anything about women's likelihood to sin relative to men. It could perhaps just be a reflection of the fact that more women existed.

But only Allah Truly Knows. (smile) In the meantime... perhaps we can all work on being the best that we each can be...

May Allah, the Abaser and the Exalter, Help us to be good to one another, and see better our own imperfections, that we may become more Pleasing to Him.

greenhill
01-04-2016, 10:47 PM
Wasallam @MuslimInshallah , glad you thought about it! Clever! Makes sense. :statisfie

controversial
01-05-2016, 12:11 AM
50/50 for south asians

ardianto
01-18-2016, 05:39 PM
Today, at noon.

"Ardianto, I hear you already remarried?"
"No, I haven't"
"Really?"
"I haven't remarried!. Why you think like that?"
"Because the news that I heard say that you already remarried"

........ And I began to thinking that gossip does exist among the men too. .... Hmm ..... :hmm:

Aay1K0
01-26-2016, 06:28 AM
I think men are busy in their job life, making good career that's why they talk them self, while many women are also doing job but they focus and notice their surrounding that's why they talk on it more.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.