/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The man on the mountain and the rope of Allah he missed

strivingobserver98
01-03-2016, 01:37 AM
Story narrated by Shaikh Zahir Mahmood, Birmingham, England - There was a man who was climbing a mountain. He believed he would reach the top by the evening, but night fell and it was pitch black and he couldn't see a thing.

The man decided to continue climbing, until all of a sudden his foot slipped and he began to fall and fall. His rope tangled onto a branch and the man was dangling in mid-air. In his state of desperation, he called out, "O Allah, help me!"

The man heard a voice, "Do you really believe I am the only One that can help you?"

The man replied, "Only you can help me Ya Allah. None besides You can help me".

The voice replied, "If you trust Me, if your Emaan is strong then cut the rope".

The next morning, the rescue team found a man dangling on a rope six feet off the ground, frozen to death.

That is the difference between us Muslims and the Sahaba - the Sahaba were firm in their belief, unshakeable, unlike this man.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
01-03-2016, 06:33 AM
I get the 'moral' of the story.. however, I have problems with these kinds of stories because for one, I don't get any clear messages like illustrated in the story. Never has my dua or cry for help given me any 'illumination' or clear idea what to do.

In the end, I am left to make decision based on my own analysis and considerations.

Faith is always there but there's little assurance that what I do is the best choice. .

I'll most probably be the one found by the rescue team dangling 6 feet above the ground frozen because I did not get the voice telling me to cut the rope.

:peace:

Kiro
01-03-2016, 03:15 PM
So he didn't cut the rope?

ardianto
01-03-2016, 03:36 PM
To be honest, I wonder with nature of Allah that described in the story. From my experience, if someone in that situation, then Allah would show him that he was close from the ground. So he would not hesitate to cut the rope. Not just telling him to cut the rope but also cause doubt in his heart.

Allah is the savior Who remove doubt in our heart, Who show us the way and make us understand why we should walk in this way, not 'someone' who tell us to do something without tell us why.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
01-03-2016, 04:12 PM
I'm a jerk, the guy has a knife and the ability to cut the rope.

Obviously you hold onto the rope as you cut it!

Although the metaphor is one I'd have difficulty following...too much love for the rope.

Better off not bringing rope in the first place.

popsthebuilder
01-03-2016, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I get the 'moral' of the story.. however, I have problems with these kinds of stories because for one, I don't get any clear messages like illustrated in the story. Never has my dua or cry for help given me any 'illumination' or clear idea what to do.

In the end, I am left to make decision based on my own analysis and considerations.

Faith is always there but there's little assurance that what I do is the best choice. .

I'll most probably be the one found by the rescue team dangling 6 feet above the ground frozen because I did not get the voice telling me to cut the rope.

[emoji14]eace:
It is always there, if perhaps dormant in some. Please do not be offended, anyone. It is the conscience without selfish want or gain. GOD made us all, and as such we always have the potential to remove personal benefit from equations and let honesty and direction lead you, not for personal reward, but for the sake of his creation, by his will.

We are but vessels. To be filled with the substance of life, by the will and mercy of GOD and our patience and perseverance in utter Faith in GOD.

Peace

popsthebuilder
01-03-2016, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
To be honest, I wonder with nature of Allah that described in the story. From my experience, if someone in that situation, then Allah would show him that he was close from the ground. So he would not hesitate to cut the rope. Not just telling him to cut the rope but also cause doubt in his heart.

Allah is the savior Who remove doubt in our heart, Who show us the way and make us understand why we should walk in this way, not 'someone' who tell us to do something without tell us why.
Our own lack of faith is doubt. Faith is like knowing where your going but not knowing how your gonna get there, or even survive. It's giving it up to GOD in assurance of his grace and your direction under his will. If one could be fully faithful then they surely can too have faith in the protection, guidance, provisions, and decisions/ outcomes of GOD.

Peace,

All praise and thanks is ultimately to GOD.

JustSomeAkhi
01-03-2016, 07:39 PM
:sl:

Whoa... That's deep.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.