/* */

PDA

View Full Version : False Shahadah to get married

aaa70
01-03-2016, 07:51 AM
Assalam Wa Alaikum

A christian man to marry a muslim woman, converted to Islam. Over the years he did not let go of his christian behaviour, besides giving up going to church. For example at the time of eating, instead of saying Bismillah, he does the christian way of prayer. And lately posting in a social site, praying and addressing it to "Lord Jesus Christ" and "Thank you Lord Jesus Christ". Posting pictures with text Son Of God. Numerous posts like that. In all these years he hasnt shown any signs of being a muslim. Now how can the wife confront him, because when she asks him , he can just say its out of habit or something. How can it be ascertained that he gave false Shahadah just to get married but in his heart and mind he had no intentions of converting. How can it be proven? And once it is, what is the status of the marriage?

Jazzak Allah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
01-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Can't advise on the above. Obviously he is not a true muslim from what is described above. What it means for the marriage, I'm in no position to say.

However, I can wish you a great stay.

:peace:

aaa70
01-03-2016, 08:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Welcome to the forum.

Can't advise on the above. Obviously he is not a true muslim from what is described above. What it means for the marriage, I'm in no position to say.

However, I can wish you a great stay.

:peace:
Jazzak Allah Khair ...waiting for more replies

Mustapha Imran
01-03-2016, 10:45 AM
i think the muslim woman sh'd just confront the guys, if he insists on christianity then let her follow the rules of Islam but not love

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
01-03-2016, 11:23 AM
But we can´t know was his shahada false at the time when he said it. He is a Muslim if he says so. Claiming otherwise doesn´t belong to us. His wife should ask what he really believes from him and if he says to be Muslim and nothing more, who then could say he isn´t Muslim?

As we haven´t any more information about this person than only what we can read from the first post (and we can´t know what he has in his heart), it would be better not to speculate about such thing.

aaa70
01-03-2016, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
But we can´t know was his shahada false at the time when he said it. He is a Muslim if he says so. Claiming otherwise doesn´t belong to us. His wife should ask what he really believes from him and if he says to be Muslim and nothing more, who then could say he isn´t Muslim?

As we haven´t any more information about this person than only what we can read from the first post (and we can´t know what he has in his heart), it would be better not to speculate about such thing.
Jazzak Allah Khair Sister

You are absolutely correct, Allah knows what is in the heart. But actions also show what is in the heart. In this case the said person actions are showing whats in his heart. After shahadah still praying and thanking "Lord Jesus Christ" and when asked about it, says that how I pray. Isnt that totally going against Tawheed, which is part of the Shahadah? I know this is a very complicated issue, but more input about it would be very helpful

Kiro
01-03-2016, 03:11 PM
Make istikhara.

Muslim Woman
01-03-2016, 04:01 PM
:sl:

it's a very sensitive issue . Better is she talks to a Mufti .

Muslim Woman
01-03-2016, 04:01 PM
:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.