/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay for a divorced lady not to remarry?

Veiledmusleema
01-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters. Im a 23 years old practicing muslimah, alhamdulillah. I was married when I was 18 years old and divorced at the age of 20. I'm not intending to remarry as I had a terrible experience in my first marriage. Im currently under my parents care as I'm doing higher studies. But I'm sure I can provide for myself and my parents in the future, inshaAllah. Now my question is, is it islamically okay not to remarry. If yes, I need to know if there's any supporting hadiths for this so that I can convince my parents to accept my decision that I have taken for myself.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
01-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, sorry to hear of your unsuccessful marriage. You married young and no doubt still traumatised by the bad experience.

Not all people are the same, even brothers from the same family behave differently.

Tell your parents that nobody knows what the future will hold. But for now, you are not ready to go through that again just yet. That is fair. But if you were to tell them that you never want to get married again, ever! That might not be easily acceptable to them. After all, we are encouraged to get married and have children.

Perhaps, do istikarah.. don't shut the door. You have still a lot of life ahead, to share with someone you have yet to. . .to. . .meet?

Wishing you a good stay

:peace:

Scimitar
01-03-2016, 02:29 PM
what bro Greenhill said, great advice.

You aint ready yet - maybe in 5 years you will feel different. Get your studies done with and stay Muslim - never compromise your Islam. Unmarried life comes with its own set of tests - which are actually quite difficult to handle. So stay in hijaab much as you can and stay the heck away from men as much as you can.

Scimi

ardianto
01-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam, young sister.

There are many divorced ladies who still want to remarry although they already in 30's or 40's age, while you are still young, still 23.

I understand if you have trauma due to failure of your marriage. But actually not every man is same. There are many men who can be good husband that will make you happy if you remarry. Also you can take lesson from your failure in marriage to make you can success in your next marriage.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
01-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Asalamualykum,

If you click on this link there is a detailed and evidence based answer https://islamqa.info/en/82968

You can use the search engine to search for similar answers.

Please also ensure that the answer coincides with your school of thought.

May Allah swt protect you from harm and erase your bad memories Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.