PDA

View Full Version : what are the rights of women in islam ?



steven28
01-05-2016, 07:34 AM
can any one tell me what are rights of women in Islam ?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
01-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Women´s rights in Islam:

http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/...ave_rights.php


Some excerpts:

According to the Quran, men and women have the same spirit, there is no superiority in the spiritual sense between men and women. [Noble Quran 4:1, 7:189, 42:11]

In the area of economic rights, we have to remember that in Europe until the 19th century, women did not have the right to own their own property. When they were married, either it would transfer to the husband or she would not be able to dispense of it without permission of her husband. In Britain, perhaps the first country to give women some property rights, laws were passed in the 1860's known as "Married Women Property Act." More than 1300 years earlier, that right was clearly established in Islamic law.

"Whatever men earn, they have a share of that and whatever women earn, they have a share in that." [Noble Quran 4:32]

-----------------------------

Secondly, there is no restriction in Islamic law that says a woman cannot work or have a profession, that her only place is in the home. In fact, by definition, in a truly Islamic society, there must be women physicians, women nurses, women teachers, because it's preferable also to separate teenagers in the volatile years in high school education. And if she chooses to work, or if she's married with the consent of her husband, she's entitled to equal pay, not for equal work, but for work of equal worth.

------------------------------

Thirdly, when it comes to financial security, Islamic law is more tilted in many respects towards women. These are seven examples:

During the period of engagement, a woman is to be on the receiving side of gifts.

At the time of marriage, it is the duty of the husband, not the bride's family. He is supposed to pay for a marital gift. The Quran called it a gift, and it is exclusively the right of the woman. She doesn't have to spend it on the household, she doesn't have to give it to her father or anyone else.

If the woman happened to own any property prior to marriage, she retains that property after marriage. It remains under her control. Also, in most Muslim countries, the woman keeps her own last name, and her own identity.

If the woman has any earnings during her marital life, by way of investments of her property or as a result of work, she doesn't have to spend one penny of that income on the household, it is entirely hers.

The full maintenance and support of a married woman is the entire responsibility of her husband, even though she might be richer than he is. She doesn't have to spend a penny.

At the time of divorce, there are certain guarantees during the waiting period and even beyond for a woman's support.

If the widow or divorcee has children, she's entitled to child support.

----------------------------

In return for these listed securities, it is clear why the Islamic laws pertaining to inheritance give men a higher share. From the social standpoint, as a daughter we find that credit goes to Islam for stopping the barbaric practice of pre-Islamic Arabs of female infanticide. These ignorant people used to bury female daughters alive. The Quran forbade the practice, making it a crime. Surah 81 Additionally, the Quran condemned the chauvinistic attitudes of some people who used to greet the birth of a boy with gladness, but sadness in the case of a girl.

The duty, not the right, the duty of education, as the Prophet said, is a duty on every Muslim, male and female.

As far as treatment of daughters is concerned, Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Anyone who has two daughters, and did not bury them, did not insult them and brought them up properly, he and I will be like this," holding his two fingers close together. Another version adds, "And also did not favor his sons over daughters." One time the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was seated. A companion was sitting with him. The companion's son came. He kissed his son and put him on his lap. Then his daughter came, and he just sat her by his side. The Prophet told the man, "You did not do Justice," meaning he should have treated the daughter equally, kissed her and put her in his lap also. Indeed, whenever the Prophet's daughter Fatimah came to him, in front of everyone, he stood up, kissed her and let her sit in his favorite place where he'd been sitting.

From the marital standpoint, the Quran clearly indicates in Surahs 30:20 and 42:11 that marriage is not just an inevitable evil, marriage is not somebody getting married to his master or slave, but rather to his partner.

"Among His Signs is this, that he created for you mates from among yourselves, that they may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): Verily in that are signs for those who reflect." [Noble Quran 30:21]
Reply

steven28
03-28-2016, 12:33 PM
thanks :statisfie
Reply

Kiro
03-28-2016, 12:41 PM
yo, the husband has to spend on his wife. That's like... FREE STUFF. Like you have spend food (like takeaway), clothes and other stuff women are into.

Also, a mother (which is a woman) has a big rank in Islam. There is a narration that says, paradise lies under the mother's feet. But here is another narration that shows a status of a woman (a mother).

2. A man came to the Prophet and said, ‘O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship? The Prophet said: Your mother. The man said, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man further asked, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man asked again, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your father. (Bukhari, Muslim).
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
smak
03-28-2016, 04:11 PM
After the Blessed arrival of Prophet MUHAMMAD Peace and Blessings of ALLAH The Almighty be upon HIM, Women got all the rights. Below are the 3 rights of women explained briefly:

Right of Purity: Fornication was common under the name of marriage. ALLAH The Almighty disregarded all such marriages and taught the correct way of Nikah (marriage) through Prophet MUHAMMAD (Peace be upon HIM).
In Holy Quran Chapter 24 verse 40, ALLAH The Almighty said:“Direct the believing men to keep their eyes always lowered and guard their private parts. That is purer for them. Surely, ALLAH (The Almighty) is Well Aware of the (works) which they are busy doing.”

Right of Privacy and Security: ALLAH The Almighty gave women the right of privacy and security. HE The Almighty said in his Glorious Book:
“O believers! Do not enter houses other than your own until you obtain their permission. And greet their residents (immediately after you enter). This (advice) is better for you so that you may contemplate (its rationale). Then, if you do not find anyone in these (houses), do not enter them until you are granted permission (for that). And if it is said to you: ‘Go back,’ then do go back. That is purer for you, and ALLAH (The Almighty) is Well Aware of what you do.” (Irfan ul Quran 24: 27-28)


Prophet MUHAMMAD (Peace be upon HIM) used to offer Salaam before entering the house, if HE (Peace be upon HIM) didn’t get the reply then HE used to offer the salaam once again and after third time HE used to be returned.
This shows us the Women’s right of privacy and security in Islam.

Right of Education: The importance of Education for women was highlighted 1400 years back when Prophet MUHAMMAD (Peace be upon HIM) said: Seeking knowledge is an obligation upon every Muslim.” (Sunan Ibn Majah). In the above hadith, Muslims are mentioned which means it includes both women and men

If you want to know more about the status of Women in Islam
then get the full book here ==> http://goo.gl/cycb2X
Reply

Islamopeace
10-29-2017, 11:37 AM
The rights of women in islam are severely limited, when compared to western civilized countries anyway. Limited dress, limited social status (driving, autonomy of choice in general) ect.
Is there any evidence against this?
Reply

Pinky
10-29-2017, 12:06 PM
I'm not married, all my sisters are (or have) been married. I just want to have a carefree life NOT to do bad things, but just be myself. But in Islam as people were telling me here yesterday that I probably shouldn't want to live alone as I wished to be independent and I should stay at home. My mother has developed MAJOR trust issues due to my older sisters being very silly in the past. She thinks I will do the same. I am a woman in my 30s and I can't deal with my life this way. I earn my own money so I never ask them for any. I have health problems (not totally critical) and thats also holding me back. I'm old enough to meet friends alone but she had a big problem with that too. You think about womens rights in Islam, I think they are good because they teach muslim women how to keep in line. BUT my situation I think it's gone too far because even on Friday, the accusations my mom were throwing at me were UNBELIEVABLE. I hope Allah forgives her for saying these things because Allah can see me and knows what my truth is and that my mom is making things up.
Reply

anatolian
10-29-2017, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Pinky
I'm not married, all my sisters are (or have) been married. I just want to have a carefree life NOT to do bad things, but just be myself. But in Islam as people were telling me here yesterday that I probably shouldn't want to live alone as I wished to be independent and I should stay at home. My mother has developed MAJOR trust issues due to my older sisters being very silly in the past. She thinks I will do the same. I am a woman in my 30s and I can't deal with my life this way. I earn my own money so I never ask them for any. I have health problems (not totally critical) and thats also holding me back. I'm old enough to meet friends alone but she had a big problem with that too. You think about womens rights in Islam, I think they are good because they teach muslim women how to keep in line. BUT my situation I think it's gone too far because even on Friday, the accusations my mom were throwing at me were UNBELIEVABLE. I hope Allah forgives her for saying these things because Allah can see me and knows what my truth is and that my mom is making things up.
Its not recommended for a woman to live without a mahram (a male relative) but if you fear of worse scenarios which may lead to a worse fitna I believe you can live on your own. Just judge yourself if it fits to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Islamopeace
The rights of women in islam are severely limited, when compared to western civilized countries anyway. Limited dress, limited social status (driving, autonomy of choice in general) ect.
Is there any evidence against this?
In Islam men have their own rights and responsibilities and women have their own. These areas are not overlapping doesn't mean women's rights are more limited compared to men or women in the Western civilization. Women in Islam have some rights which are not given to the women in the Western countries. But some bad examples of today just doesn't mean that it is the true way of applying those rules to the society.

By the way you are a troll aren't you?
Reply

Kawlah
10-29-2017, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Islamopeace
The rights of women in islam are severely limited, when compared to western civilized countries anyway. Limited dress, limited social status (driving, autonomy of choice in general) ect.
Is there any evidence against this?
I would rather have evidence for what you just posted as this thread is full of posts indicating the contrary.
Reply

Futuwwa
10-30-2017, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by Islamopeace
The rights of women in islam are severely limited, when compared to western civilized countries anyway. Limited dress, limited social status (driving, autonomy of choice in general) ect.
Is there any evidence against this?
Let's see here. Referring to Western countries as "civilized", implying that others aren't. Using the Saudi female driving ban as if it were representative of Islam on the matter.

If you're a non-Muslim who wants to discuss these matters, or anything else for that matter, you'll have far more success coming clean about it. Hiding under a label of "Muslim" won't give you a free pass to spout nonsense, and only raises questions about your sincerity.
Reply

Islamopeace
10-30-2017, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by anatolian
In Islam men have their own rights and responsibilities and women have their own. These areas are not overlapping doesn't mean women's rights are more limited compared to men or women in the Western civilization. Women in Islam have some rights which are not given to the women in the Western countries. But some bad examples of today just doesn't mean that it is the true way of applying those rules to the society.

By the way you are a troll aren't you?
The fact that you state it is not recommended that Pinky live on her own in Islamic doctrine and then go on to state that non-islamic/western women aren't given equivalent rights is rather contradictory, don't you agree? Since in secular areas women can live alone wherever and whenever they please. Can you share with me these rights that are withheld from women in western, originally christian and now secular, societies?

Originally Posted by Kawlah
I would rather have evidence for what you just posted as this thread is full of posts indicating the contrary.
As I mentioned; driving, (autonomy of choice as an umbrella term)
dress, working with/ acquainting men outside of the family sphere, forcing/selling young girls into marriage for dowries, segregation in prayer and everyday life (going back to house confines without male company), female-genital mutilation, Inheritance laws, Rape laws... many more.
All practices you don't find in western civilisations

Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Let's see here. Referring to Western countries as "civilized", implying that others aren't. Using the Saudi female driving ban as if it were representative of Islam on the matter.
.
Not to imply non-western areas are not civilized, although with many areas this is the case, and its impossible to deny.
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
10-30-2017, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Islamopeace
The rights of women in islam are severely limited, when compared to western civilized countries anyway.
Err..what?? Did you wake up on the stupid side of the bed? :facepalm:

Firstly, the reward of men and women in Islam is equal. This is mentioned throughout the Qur'an such as the following:

"And their Lord responded to them, "Never will I allow to be lost the work of [any] worker among you, whether male or female; you are of one another. So those who emigrated or were evicted from their homes or were harmed in My cause or fought or were killed - I will surely remove from them their misdeeds, and I will surely admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow as reward from Allah, and Allah has with Him the best reward." (Surah Imran 3:195)

Secondly, women are afforded the same rights as men. It is wrong to look at Islam through the lens of feminism because feminism is a phenomenon of the west. Unequal pay, gender bias, skills gap between genders etc is not something encouraged by Islam. In fact it's the opposite.

Thirdly, in specific areas men are given more responsibility than women, such as having an obligation to provide for their wives and children. This does not disadvantage women in any way because women are allowed to work and spend their money as they like. They do not have an obligation to spend their money on anyone.

Fourthly, the One who has made the laws of Islam is Allah. His laws benefit us in this life and the next whereas man made laws may only benefit us in this life (to some extent). Feminism, for instance, is relatively unknown in the Muslim world because there has never been a need for it to be introduced. Those non-practicing ignorant Muslims who live life by their own rules aren't representing Islam. They're representing their selfish and ignorant lifestyle.

This short summary should give you some insight into Islam and the rights women have always had.

Here's some further reading http://islamicpamphlets.com/womens-rights-in-islam/

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Islamopeace
The fact that you state it is not recommended that Pinky live on her own in Islamic doctrine and then go on to state that non-islamic/western women aren't given equivalent rights is rather contradictory, don't you agree? Since in secular areas women can live alone wherever and whenever they please. Can you share with me these rights that are withheld from women in western, originally christian and now secular, societies?



As I mentioned; driving, (autonomy of choice as an umbrella term)
dress, working with/ acquainting men outside of the family sphere, forcing/selling young girls into marriage for dowries, segregation in prayer and everyday life (going back to house confines without male company), female-genital mutilation, Inheritance laws, Rape laws... many more.
All practices you don't find in western civilisations



Not to imply non-western areas are not civilized, although with many areas this is the case, and its impossible to deny.
To clarify some points further that you have mentioned in the quote above:

  1. Driving - Women are allowed to drive. Saudi Arabia isn't the complete and holistic representation of Islam;
  2. Dress - In short, hijab is not oppressive and Muslim women who chose to wear hijab will be able to tell you more about this. I'd rather you hear it from them than from me;
  3. Acquaintance of women with other men - women AND men are encouraged not to mix. This is subject to further discussion;
  4. Forcing/selling young girls into marriage for dowries - this is not part of Islam in any shape of form. Marriage and divorce cannot be forced or 'sold' in Islam;
  5. Segregation in prayer - Nothing wrong with this. Allah wants you to focus on Him during prayer rather than on each other;
  6. Female genital mutilation - not allowed in islam;
  7. Inheritance laws - Men are given a greater degree of inheritance because of financial commitments and responsibilities given to them by Islam. Women do not have such financial responsibilities. Here is a video explaining this in detail entitled 'Debunking the male bias' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz8nTTS27g
  8. Rape laws - In my view all rape laws of today are not judged by the laws of Islam. Rape is not allowed in Islam and that's the end of;
  9. Many more - Please state these 'many more' inequalities;


My advice to you is to learn Islam properly rather than confusing the ignorant practices of Muslims/Muslim countries as Islamic practices.
Reply

Supernova
10-30-2017, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by steven28
can any one tell me what are rights of women in Islam ?
Hi Steven

Your most comprehensive answer would be to read a book upon the topic. There are many books that discuss the topic. No one person on this Forum can give you the complete Rights of a woman in Islam because as you know Islam has a complete Jurisprudence System. That means the rights of not only Woman but anyone is spread across the study of the entire Jurisprudence system. So it will be very difficult to furbish you with ALL the rights.

The forum is a good place to start but assure you there are many more rights than listed.
Reply

Futuwwa
10-30-2017, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Islamopeace
Not to imply non-western areas are not civilized, although with many areas this is the case, and its impossible to deny.
Let's say I deny it. Can you prove that there is such a thing as objectively civilized and objectively uncivilized?
Reply

anatolian
10-30-2017, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Islamopeace
The fact that you state it is not recommended that Pinky live on her own in Islamic doctrine and then go on to state that non-islamic/western women aren't given equivalent rights is rather contradictory, don't you agree? Since in secular areas women can live alone wherever and whenever they please. Can you share with me these rights that are withheld from women in western, originally christian and now secular, societies?
For example, if you rape a woman in a western secular society today you are maximum sentenced to prison and it is not too long most of the time but in a real Islamic society you can be sentenced to death penalty. This gives a woman to go freely in the late night where ever she wants in the real Islamic society but most of the women in the western societies have such a fear in their minds. This right is withheld from them indirectly by the secular modern laws.
Reply

Islamopeace
10-30-2017, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Err..what?? Did you wake up on the stupid side of the bed? :facepalm:

5. there is nothing wrong with this.
If you were truly devout you would not require segregation to stop you from lusting after women. The fact that you require this shows me you have little control and require religious doctrine to control yourself in front of god.

Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Let's say I deny it. Can you prove that there is such a thing as objectively civilized and objectively uncivilized?
Of course not , that is the issue with islam as a whole, the quran is claimed to be to ultimate in every sense of the word, but what does that mean individually? subjectively? I think we muslims must condemn the actions of other 'muslims' and un-subjectly, objectively, decide what these issues are. Which will never happen when some of you decide your version of islam is the definite version..,. which will inevitably lead to conflict. This is why you see various versions of christianity and judaeism... because they can discuss these differences and make them known. unlike most muslims', who claim their version of islam is correct and murder those who disagree.

Originally Posted by anatolian
For example, if you rape a woman in a western secular society today you are maximum sentenced to prison and it is not too long most of the time but in a real Islamic society you can be sentenced to death penalty. This gives a woman to go freely in the late night where ever she wants in the real Islamic society but most of the women in the western societies have such a fear in their minds. This right is withheld from them indirectly by the secular modern laws.
Should you be resorted to the death penalty just to get the massage across that rape is wrong? I don't think so personally. What if that individual was wrongly accused? Then you would have already caused him death by decapitation or stoning, never again to witness his redemption in the eyes of god and forever condemning him to the hellfire. You are the time of muslim i fear, honestly.
Reply

AabiruSabeel
10-31-2017, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Islamopeace
What if that individual was wrongly accused?
Did you even read the Qur'an to understand the concept of hudud punishments? If a person wrongly accuses anyone, the accuser gets the penalty of 80 lashes. Allah :swt: says,

And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses - lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient,
Except for those who repent thereafter and reform, for indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
[An-Noor: 4-5]

Recite the Surah to understand it properly: http://legacy.quran.com/24


Your points have already been answered above:

Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Firstly, the reward of men and women in Islam is equal. This is mentioned throughout the Qur'an such as the following:

"And their Lord responded to them, "Never will I allow to be lost the work of [any] worker among you, whether male or female; you are of one another. So those who emigrated or were evicted from their homes or were harmed in My cause or fought or were killed - I will surely remove from them their misdeeds, and I will surely admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow as reward from Allah, and Allah has with Him the best reward." (Surah Imran 3:195)

Secondly, women are afforded the same rights as men. It is wrong to look at Islam through the lens of feminism because feminism is a phenomenon of the west. Unequal pay, gender bias, skills gap between genders etc is not something encouraged by Islam. In fact it's the opposite.

Thirdly, in specific areas men are given more responsibility than women, such as having an obligation to provide for their wives and children. This does not disadvantage women in any way because women are allowed to work and spend their money as they like. They do not have an obligation to spend their money on anyone.

Fourthly, the One who has made the laws of Islam is Allah. His laws benefit us in this life and the next whereas man made laws may only benefit us in this life (to some extent). Feminism, for instance, is relatively unknown in the Muslim world because there has never been a need for it to be introduced. Those non-practicing ignorant Muslims who live life by their own rules aren't representing Islam. They're representing their selfish and ignorant lifestyle.

This short summary should give you some insight into Islam and the rights women have always had.

Here's some further reading http://islamicpamphlets.com/womens-rights-in-islam/
and here:
Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
To clarify some points further that you have mentioned in the quote above:

  1. Driving - Women are allowed to drive. Saudi Arabia isn't the complete and holistic representation of Islam;
  2. Dress - In short, hijab is not oppressive and Muslim women who chose to wear hijab will be able to tell you more about this. I'd rather you hear it from them than from me;
  3. Acquaintance of women with other men - women AND men are encouraged not to mix. This is subject to further discussion;
  4. Forcing/selling young girls into marriage for dowries - this is not part of Islam in any shape of form. Marriage and divorce cannot be forced or 'sold' in Islam;
  5. Segregation in prayer - Nothing wrong with this. Allah wants you to focus on Him during prayer rather than on each other;
  6. Female genital mutilation - not allowed in islam;
  7. Inheritance laws - Men are given a greater degree of inheritance because of financial commitments and responsibilities given to them by Islam. Women do not have such financial responsibilities. Here is a video explaining this in detail entitled 'Debunking the male bias' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz8nTTS27g
  8. Rape laws - In my view all rape laws of today are not judged by the laws of Islam. Rape is not allowed in Islam and that's the end of;
  9. Many more - Please state these 'many more' inequalities;


My advice to you is to learn Islam properly rather than confusing the ignorant practices of Muslims/Muslim countries as Islamic practices.
For those who are not aware, Saudi Arabia has lifted the ban on women drivers few weeks ago: Saudi Arabia lifts ban on women drivers
The Saudi ban was more of a cultural and organizational ban, not exactly an Islamic ban on driving. It had more to do with the safety of women.
Reply

Islamopeace
10-31-2017, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Did you even read the Qur'an to understand the concept of hudud punishments? If a person wrongly accuses anyone, the accuser gets the penalty of 80 lashes. Allah :swt: says,

And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses - lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient,
Except for those who repent thereafter and reform, for indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
[An-Noor: 4-5]
Ahh yes, the idea of producing 4 witnesses to prove innocence, also required in rape cases and so effectively works against the victim. Your support for such barbaric punishments highlights the third-worldism of these Islamic teachings which, in my opinion have no place in modern civilized society.
How are you to know who is wrongly accused and rightly accused? Lies and deceit are all too common in the world. How hard is it for a man to get four friends to be 'witnesses', and therefore the person will be killed un-justly. You can't take back death penalties or lashings.
Any 'god' or 'prohet' that condones such violence is not all-loving.
Quran (2:282) - Establishes that a woman's testimony is worth only half that of a man's in court (sexist).

How many rapes are conducted in front of four others? very few, and if it is the case the four witnesses should feel shame for not intervening in the first place, bringing the issue of them not coming forward.

Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
For those who are not aware, Saudi Arabia has lifted the ban on women drivers few weeks ago: Saudi Arabia lifts ban on women drivers
The Saudi ban was more of a cultural and organizational ban, not exactly an Islamic ban on driving. It had more to do with the safety of women.
There go you again, attempting to justify blatant sexist, patriarchal control over women by telling yourself that its 'about there own safety'.
Moreover I find it hilarious that a wife of a muslim can be tried and executed for adultry, whereas the husbands are polygamous and sleep around. Another example of sexism that can't be ignored. You say western feminism does not apply to islam, which is because muslim women simply don't have the right to be a feminist.
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
10-31-2017, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Islamopeace
If you were truly devout you would not require segregation to stop you from lusting after women. The fact that you require this shows me you have little control and require religious doctrine to control yourself in front of god.
Quite the opposite is true in fact. God wants your complete and undivided attention during the five daily prayers as the five prayers are that important. If you believe that being devout means being completely rid of one's natural desires then you're quite mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Islamopeace
Ahh yes, the idea of producing 4 witnesses to prove innocence, also required in rape cases and so effectively works against the victim. Your support for such barbaric punishments highlights the third-worldism of these Islamic teachings which, in my opinion have no place in modern civilized society.
How are you to know who is wrongly accused and rightly accused? Lies and deceit are all too common in the world. How hard is it for a man to get four friends to be 'witnesses', and therefore the person will be killed un-justly. You can't take back death penalties or lashings.
Any 'god' or 'prohet' that condones such violence is not all-loving.
Quran (2:282) - Establishes that a woman's testimony is worth only half that of a man's in court (sexist).

How many rapes are conducted in front of four others? very few, and if it is the case the four witnesses should feel shame for not intervening in the first place, bringing the issue of them not coming forward.



There go you again, attempting to justify blatant sexist, patriarchal control over women by telling yourself that its 'about there own safety'.
Moreover I find it hilarious that a wife of a muslim can be tried and executed for adultry, whereas the husbands are polygamous and sleep around. Another example of sexism that can't be ignored. You say western feminism does not apply to islam, which is because muslim women simply don't have the right to be a feminist.
Whoa easy there Mr Haram Police. Take a chill pill and relax.

You're mixing up several issues as one big lump of mess and confusion.


  1. The laws of Allah regarding fornication and adultery are clear. They are not allowed;
  2. The laws regarding rape are judged in an Islamic court and several factors are taken into consideration. Decisions are not limited to one or two verses and you're quite wrong you to assume this;
  3. I've told you before that Saudi Arabia is not the complete and holistic representation of Islam and you need to stop assume this in your arguments. Saudi Arabia has been accused of killing rape victims, as well as other ignorant groups of people in Muslim countries. It is not a practice endorsed by Islam;
  4. You're welcome to create another thread to discuss your views but your posts will not be approved on this thread any longer as you have taken the discussion off topic;
Reply

Futuwwa
10-31-2017, 06:44 PM
Ah, the guy got banned.

What do you think he was? I'm thinking he was a kafir posing as something of what he would like Muslims to be to see how he'd be responded to.
Reply

anatolian
10-31-2017, 07:07 PM
Ofcourse he was a troll who wanted to confuse minds. What I don't understand, if he didnt pretend to be a Muslim (by wrighting Islam in religion), we would have chance for a long disscusion with him. But he just chosed to be insincere. Sincerety first...
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2016, 12:32 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 01:26 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 11:29 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 09:37 AM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 02:00 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!