/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage advice

SulaimanM
01-06-2016, 07:44 AM
Slmz to all
I would like some advice on getting married at a young age
Im a 23 year old male and my soon to be fiancé is 22.
We have been courting for about 6 months now and our parents have just recently met each other.
Her family is more on board with us getting married this year than my family is.
We both have entry level jobs and are working for good reputable companies. However, many of my friends and family are saying that I am too young and rushing this decision. I feel different but could it be that I am blinded and not looking at the situation objectively?
Should I go ahead with this marriage or should I take the advice of others and postpone it for another year or so?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
01-06-2016, 06:51 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

Pray the Isthikhara prayer and ask for guidance from Allah swt.

Discuss with your parents.

Look at the islamic conditions which are required to fulfill your marriage contract and if the conditions can be met in sha Allah you're in a good place.

Also look at the islamic husband duties and roles and try and establish whether you are ready for those responsibilities.

Speak to your potential spouse and enquire about her desires and expectations from you and vice versa so you know what is expected from you.

Speak to the family as well - As the saying goes "you marry the family as well as the individual in question".

May Allah swt help you in your decision Ameen.

Alpha Dude
01-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Further to the above advice by BeTheChange, I'll say that 23/22 is not young at all.

Of course, there will be many things you don't know about life and you'll have ups and downs in a marriage but that's life. I don't see any reason to delay - there's nothing Earth shattering that you will discover about how to handle life and marriage if you were to wait a couple more years.

azc
01-23-2016, 10:03 AM
If you can take the responsibility of your family then Go ahead.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
01-26-2016, 01:27 PM
You should marry as young as possible, it will keep you away from sin and temptation.

You say you do not want to rush but what doubts are you having? You may marry but you do not have to rush things, you do not have live with another immediately (at least this way, it will be meeting in a halal manner) and you do not need to start a family immediately. You may take your time.

I'd say go for it, you will complete half of your deen and fulfill the sunnah of Nabi SAW. Make dua for Allah to make it easy for you, I will make dua too.

Dua is like the believers weapon. :shade: :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.