/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is Bidat?

aroojali
01-07-2016, 07:33 AM
what is bidat according to islam. can any one help me regarding this topic ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dua.javed
01-07-2016, 07:42 AM
The true definition of Bid’a is ‘to initiate or create something upon an unprecedented example’. In the Quran, Allah describes himself as the ‘Badi us-Samawaat wa al-Ardh’, meaning the creator if the skies and earth. Badi’ here means a creator who brings something into existence from no previous material. On this basis, Bid’a, which comes from the same root word as Badi’, means to initiate or create something upon an unprecedented example.
As you have pointed out, not everything that is Bid’a in Islam is prohibited. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) gave the best definition and criteria for deciding what innovation is commendable and what isn’t. He said,
“Whoever innovates [something] which is not from our matter [of Islam] then it is rejected” (Bukhari and Muslim)
What this saying clearly indicates is that not all Bid’a is rejected; rather those innovated practices are which are alien to Islam.
Furthermore, the Prophet –in another saying- outlined the fact that there are some innovations that are actually good, and will lead to a reward. Imam Muslim narrates a Hadith through the chain of Jarir ibn ‘Abd Allah, who reports that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said,
“Whoever initiates a good practice in Islam then he will attain the reward for it and the reward of whoever acts upon it thereafter, without any shortcomings. And whoever initiates an evil practice, then he will carry the burden as well as the burden of whoever acts upon it thereafter, without any shortcomings”
What this Hadith thus shows is that not all innovation is contrary to Islam. If this was the case, then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) would not have promised a reward for those who initiate a good practice.

azc
01-10-2016, 05:45 AM
Every new practice IN deen is prohibited, but any new practice FOR deen is not prohibited.However, Hz Khulafa Rashideen RA were allowed to start a new practice IN deen and it was allowed by prophet s.a.w himself.Rest all bidah IN deen shouldn't be practiced upon.The hadith you quoted is related to charity given by a sahabi ra then other sahaba ikram RA followed him, it's nothing new practice in Islam. And this act of charity was praised by prophet s.a.w

Linkdeutscher
01-12-2016, 12:55 AM
Bid'ah means innovations.

In the context of Islam it means innovations in the religion, i.e new methods of worship, festivals, beliefs etc.
All innovations in the Deen are misguidance and in the Fire.

Read this thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...pure-deen.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Linkdeutscher
01-12-2016, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dua.javed
The true definition of Bid’a is ‘to initiate or create something upon an unprecedented example’. In the Quran, Allah describes himself as the ‘Badi us-Samawaat wa al-Ardh’, meaning the creator if the skies and earth. Badi’ here means a creator who brings something into existence from no previous material. On this basis, Bid’a, which comes from the same root word as Badi’, means to initiate or create something upon an unprecedented example.
As you have pointed out, not everything that is Bid’a in Islam is prohibited. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) gave the best definition and criteria for deciding what innovation is commendable and what isn’t. He said,
“Whoever innovates [something] which is not from our matter [of Islam] then it is rejected” (Bukhari and Muslim)
What this saying clearly indicates is that not all Bid’a is rejected; rather those innovated practices are which are alien to Islam.
Furthermore, the Prophet –in another saying- outlined the fact that there are some innovations that are actually good, and will lead to a reward. Imam Muslim narrates a Hadith through the chain of Jarir ibn ‘Abd Allah, who reports that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said,
“Whoever initiates a good practice in Islam then he will attain the reward for it and the reward of whoever acts upon it thereafter, without any shortcomings. And whoever initiates an evil practice, then he will carry the burden as well as the burden of whoever acts upon it thereafter, without any shortcomings”
What this Hadith thus shows is that not all innovation is contrary to Islam. If this was the case, then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) would not have promised a reward for those who initiate a good practice.
This is a completely deviant point of view and that hadith quoted to support 'good' bid'ah is completely out of context. It is talking about introducing something already established in the deen, i.e reviving it. Read the hadith in context.

All innovations in the deen are pure misguidance and an insult to Allah and his messenger :saws:

IslamicRevival
01-12-2016, 01:39 AM
Perfect explanation here

Linkdeutscher
01-12-2016, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Perfect explanation here

Perfectly deviant explanation!

Zafran
01-12-2016, 09:17 PM
salaam

I think the mods will have to shut this thread down as the salafi will not agree with other sunni's on the definition of Bida. Its going to quickly go down in sectarian lines.
peace

IslamicRevival
01-13-2016, 01:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher
Perfectly deviant explanation!
Dear brother. If you have a difference of opinion explain and leave it be. Do not insult the scholars of real knowledge because you disagree with their opinion.

I have refrained myself from stopping to your level. Be sincere and don't scream bidah at anything and everything without any knowledge.

Asalatu Wassalamu Alayka Ya RasoolAllah. Sallallahu Alayhi Wasaallam

IARLG
01-13-2016, 02:23 AM
Islam is perfect.

...This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. ...(Qur'an 5:3)

Think of a glass which is full. If you add something not in the Quran and Sunnah it will spill. If you deduct anything from the glass; then it is not perfect again.

Bidah basically means innovation in worship. By innovating you are indirectly telling people, "Listen, i know a better way to worship Allah. Prophet Muhammad SAW didn't complete his mission."

Allah acknowledges that His Messenger has finished his task. Who are we to innovate.

Linkdeutscher
01-13-2016, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Dear brother. If you have a difference of opinion explain and leave it be. Do not insult the scholars of real knowledge because you disagree with their opinion.

I have refrained myself from stopping to your level. Be sincere and don't scream bidah at anything and everything without any knowledge.

Asalatu Wassalamu Alayka Ya RasoolAllah. Sallallahu Alayhi Wasaallam
I didn't insult anyone!

Calling something deviant is not insulting!

Otherwise you are insulting the salaf for calling others deviants and refuting them!

muslim brother
10-19-2016, 03:28 PM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!