/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Being 2 Faced So Fashionable?

hisnameiszzz
01-08-2016, 06:54 PM
It seems like every person I work with is two faced. They say one thing but do another. For instance, my colleague hates my manager and rips her to shreds at any given opportunity when she is not there. However, as soon as she is there, he is super nice to her like she is the best thing sliced bread and the sun shines out of her.

A lot of people I know in general life are also like that.

Why is it so fashionable? They will get caught out one day won't they? How do you avoid it?

I've always been the kind of person who says it how it is. If I don't like someone, it's known (not in a nasty way, one of my colleagues started rumours about me, so when I found out, I told her so and now we have no communication unless it is work related) and I won't try and be their best friend when they are near me. It's not my style.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
01-08-2016, 08:38 PM
I think it has a lot to do with moral development and ethical standards. Most people are low on these items.

LaSorcia
01-08-2016, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
It seems like every person I work with is two faced. They say one thing but do another. For instance, my colleague hates my manager and rips her to shreds at any given opportunity when she is not there. However, as soon as she is there, he is super nice to her like she is the best thing sliced bread and the sun shines out of her.

A lot of people I know in general life are also like that.

Why is it so fashionable? They will get caught out one day won't they? How do you avoid it?

I've always been the kind of person who says it how it is. If I don't like someone, it's known (not in a nasty way, one of my colleagues started rumours about me, so when I found out, I told her so and now we have no communication unless it is work related) and I won't try and be their best friend when they are near me. It's not my style.
I have seen this phenomenon as well. I have no clue other than we live in such a Godless world nowadays that people just don't care. They are self-seeking and will do what they think is best for themselves even if it means acting like different people depending on who's around. I wouldn't know how to act like that, thank God.

hisnameiszzz
01-08-2016, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
I have seen this phenomenon as well. I have no clue other than we live in such a Godless world nowadays that people just don't care. They are self-seeking and will do what they think is best for themselves even if it means acting like different people depending on who's around. I wouldn't know how to act like that, thank God.
It's quite scary but they must actually be intelligent people to keep that pretence up all the time. I would probably get confused after a bit and not remember what I was doing.

I might not be the nicest of people at work but I am true and honest. I don't back bite about people when they are not there only to be their best friend when they turn up.

Shucks, being two faced is such a disgusting trait!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LaSorcia
01-08-2016, 11:15 PM
The sad thing is, this is normal life for many folks. They get exposed to a system like this and think it's normal, and then learn to adapt and act that way themselves. Trouble (but really a blessing) is that I never could adapt to it, so didn't do well in such situations.

azc
01-23-2016, 09:42 AM
Never trust such ppl. Never share your secrets with them.

BeTheChange
01-23-2016, 12:50 PM
Asalamualykum,

Sadly it's normal in the workplace. Every workplace will suffer from this disease unless the people are God-fearing. Subhana Allah what a beautiful quality this is. May Allah swt bless us with this trait. Ameen.

It's a petty state of mind and reflects more about the individual than it does about the person they talking about.

Focus on YOU and spend your time doing zikar in your mind and heart.

If someone initiates these types of conversation just advice you're not interested as it goes against your code of ethics and religion. You can tell them you’re not interested in different ways using humour, sarcasm, body-language or thought-provoking statements.

People will automatically exclude you from gossip and yes it's also a good way of becoming the most hated in the workplace.

But hey at least you’re hated for the truth and not loved for being fake.

Alhamdulilah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.