/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms and modesty

CarolBell
01-09-2016, 03:58 PM
I participate in a school jrotc program, where they require us to wear a uniform every Wednesday for a test grade, and a specific set of shorts and a shirt on Fridays. I'm not sure of all the Muslim rules of modesty, and was wondering if they would prevent me from continuing in this class?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
01-09-2016, 05:26 PM
:bism:

:sl:

Sis, please read the thread Unable to Afford Modest Clothing as it has responses that might clarify the situation for you specific to you and your circumstances. If you still have questions or concerns after that, we will be happy to discuss with you to find the best solution for you God-willing. Take care, hun, and God-willing keep us updated.

:wa:

greenhill
01-17-2016, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure. Agnosticism. Why use islamic modesty dress 'code'?

Who would take you seriously? It's hard enough to fight for it as believers with more and more people becoming prejudiced against Islam. What more for people who use religious beliefs to get out of 'rules and regulations'.

But for your knowledge, men's aurat is from his belly button to below his knees. Women are allowed to show her face, palm of hands and feet. The rest covered in loose fitting garments at all times outside the privacy of home.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.