how true this quote?? ^o)

"Muslim women who don't cover themselves are asking for attention"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
01-10-2016, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid

I would say this quote is generalization. Please add at the least the word "some" to your quote. There might be many reasons why some Muslim women donĀ“t cover themselves.

Smile :)
01-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Depends on the person and their reasons, I guess. Definitely isn't the case in a lot of non-Muslim countries. I find hijab hard because of the attention I got, especially at school.

LaSorcia
01-10-2016, 10:14 PM

I think that could be used as an excuse to harass people.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khalid Saifullah
01-10-2016, 10:18 PM
We can never judge a person's intentions for uncovering her selfless. But we can say that she has disobeyed Allah. THIS is sufficient reason

hisnameiszzz
01-10-2016, 10:27 PM
Why is this statement about just Muslim women? Shouldn't it be women in general?

The same would apply for men also.

Merciful
01-11-2016, 12:56 AM
It isn't a very uplifting quote and from the bottom of my heart I urge you to avoid repeating it amongst our sisters who do not cover. You are are innocent of their sins and they are of yours, their accountability is with Allah :swt:. It is advised to mend our own ways before we look to the wrongdoings of others. Nevertheless, polite and sincere advice is always a good thing.

crimsontide06
01-11-2016, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Why is this statement about just Muslim women? Shouldn't it be women in general?

I actually thought of something while I was out shopping today; I looked around & saw people...I was not "gazing" but I noticed & thought to myself...you know, all these women are showing skin/hair but know nothing about it being "wrong". They were not raised in a society,culture, or religion where you have to cover up. Seeing skin to them is like anyone seeing a shoe. It doesn't mean anything to them...

I wondered, if you took a man from a village where he was sheltered from women & dropped him in this place & he saw even the tiniest bit of skin/hair...he would probably freak out. I know covering is better but I thought...maybe for some, seeing skin since they were kids, being "desensitized" to it, is better...so they are not pervs when they are suddenly exposed to someones skin/hair for the 1st time.

BilalKid
01-12-2016, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Smile :)
Depends on the person and their reasons, I guess. Definitely isn't the case in a lot of non-Muslim countries. I find hijab hard because of the attention I got, especially at school.
and in muslim country?

aflawedbeing
01-12-2016, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz

Sure good.
Photos all over Facebook 'Dem abs' 'My gainz'.

Men are every bit as insufferable.

BeTheChange
01-12-2016, 06:34 PM

I think every human being wants to be acknowledged and appreciated. Whether that's males or females, old or young.

You'll find individuals who dress modestly with wrong intentions and vice versa.

Who are we to judge when we don't know the intention of mankind?

I live by the belief of minding my own business and leaving the matter to Allah SWT.

What's the point in wasting time categorising people when Allah swt makes the final and true call? Subhana Allah.

hisnameiszzz
01-12-2016, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
I live by the belief of minding my own business and leaving the matter to Allah SWT.

What's the point in wasting time categorising people when Allah swt makes the final and true call? Subhana Allah.
You go girl! I like your style very much. *clap hands smiley*

BilalKid
02-27-2016, 02:40 AM
true pic?? ^o)

Search
02-27-2016, 03:19 AM
:bism:

:sl:
true pic?? ^o)
To some extent, I think this is true. Men stare and engage in what I'd call "mind-molestation" of women. Therefore, I do believe we need in both non-Muslim and Muslim societies to teach young boys to respect women, and that respect must be taught by fathers in both of these societies. We cannot have respect for women without fathers in our societies taking responsibility to teach young boys who'll later grow into men.

That said, I also think we should encourage women in our societies to understand that we're also responsible for protecting our honor and dignity. Some men will be perverts and therefore Islam provides a two-way safety valve for men and women: Both genders must lower their gaze. Both genders must dress modestly in accordance with Islamic dress code.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.