/* */

PDA

View Full Version : frustrated

suheylah
01-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I recently came across this forum and I was like why not register.

I remember I used to love surfing the websites, forums, for the sake of seeking knowledge. It was exciting learning more about the Deen. I started practicing fully when I was 13 up until couple years ago. I stopped seeking Ilm, became lazy, don't concentrate as much as I used to, and I don't do dhikr as I used to do. I think I am going downhill instead of uphill. What to do? And, it is not about time, I think I have more time now then I did then. :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass :embarrass

* I know non of you are my psychiatrist, but thought I should vent.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
01-11-2016, 09:20 AM
:wa:

Welcome to the forum. Alhamdulilah you made a good decision, :ia: you can benefit :).

Nice from Somalia, so is sister @TMGuide she has a great blog ^.^.

What I would advise is take things slowly at the start. Make time 5-10 minutes each day for forums then slowly build up :ia:.

greenhill
01-11-2016, 09:22 AM
Welcome to the forum.

We are humans, forever tested and like life, sometimes uphill and sometimes going downhill. It's never flat.

It is safe to presume that everyone faces similar challenges.

Don't give up.

:peace:

sister herb
01-11-2016, 09:38 AM
Wa alaykumussalam

At the first, welcome to forum.

As br greenhill wrote, all our life is this, sometimes we are going up and sometimes down. I can give you an advice; become an active part of this forum, it can helps you to find a habit to practice again. Here you can discuss with sisters and brothers whose support and encourage you. You never be lonely and you can also see that many are in the same situation like you. Together we can find new ways to practice, help and listen those whose might need it and get friendly "hugs" and smiles from others when we need them.

:statisfie

And if you feel boring sometimes, you can visit the humor section and have some healthy laughing to cheer up your day.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
01-11-2016, 03:37 PM
:wa:

I can relate, when I was 15 I heard a few lectures here and there and got so passionate about this deen and memorized a few Surahs, Duas and many things. At the same time, I was beginning to condemn people publicly and say 'This is Haram! That is Haram!' by just browsing through a few fatwas online and believed that this 'is' the only way when clearly there's lots sa difference of opinion among scholars.

I think its a normal phase that we go through in life, there will be those down moments for sure. I read this book "Don't Be Sad" by Dr.Aid Al-Qarni and its a pretty good book to keep you highly motivated or at least motivate you to stay happy and appreciate the blessings that we are given everyday. I do face such circumstance from time to time, you just gotta ride with the wind and have sabr and Insha'Allah there will be peace at the end, or in this case excited to learn about the deen again.

ardianto
01-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam.

Doing kindness always make me grateful and feel closer with Allah.

Do a kindness when you feel down. :)

azc
01-11-2016, 05:48 PM
Shytan is our enemy. He doesn't like to see praying salah or doing zikr. He infuses wasawas in our heart. When time of salah comes, just get up. Be firm and steady in doing good deeds.

TMGuide
01-11-2016, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by suheylah
Assalamu Alaikum,

I recently came across this forum and I was like why not register.

I remember I used to love surfing the websites, forums, for the sake of seeking knowledge. It was exciting learning more about the Deen. I started practicing fully when I was 13 up until couple years ago. I stopped seeking Ilm, became lazy, don't concentrate as much as I used to, and I don't do dhikr as I used to do. I think I am going downhill instead of uphill. What to do? And, it is not about time, I think I have more time now then I did then. :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass :embarrass

* I know non of you are my psychiatrist, but thought I should vent.
There is a different sort of enthusiasm when you first start practicing right? wanting to learn more, do qheer, finding a new love for the deen that's hard to explain. As time goes on our imaan goes decreases, it's natural I guess as we continue to sin. I am in the same boat as you, subhanallah but I'm happy I am busier now than I use to be because I use to waste most of my time. It's why I started www.themuslimahguide.com, to document the things I am learning or doin to change for the better. To live a more content life and blogging helps with the accountability part it (if I say I will do I have to and if I tried it and can share tips)

Be grateful to Allah that you were blessed to know your imaan has decreased, be grateful that you were blessed to be able to reflect on yourself and realize you have to make changes. Alhamdulilaah for the best blessing of Islam, Make dua that Allah takes away your laziness (a reminder to myself first) and blesses you with beneficial knowledge. It's not easy trying to do good in a world full of distraction but with Allahs help we will inshaa Allaah.

Merciful
01-12-2016, 12:41 AM
:sl:

Ahlan Wa Sahlan fellow sister.

“Faith wears out in your heart as clothes wear out, so ask Allah to renew the faith in your hearts.” (narrated by al-Haakim in his Mustadrak and al-Tabaraani in his Mu’jam with a saheeh isnaad).
I remember one day I was speaking with a brother at a Masjid from maghrib until isha and I was keen to return for fajr. He jokingly commented that my keenness won't last long and that turned out to be quite true. It is natural to gradually become less and less motivated; whether that is due to Shaytan or our nafs or a mixture of both, Allah :swt: knows best. May our Lord instill eeman into your heart and make you among the honourable Awliyaa', ameen.

“No doubt! Verily, the Awliyaa’ of Allaah, no fear shall come upon them nor shall they grieve.Those who believed, and used to fear Allaah much (by abstaining from evil deeds and sins and by doing righteous deeds)”[Yoonus 10:62-63]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.