/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Vandalism

ardianto
01-12-2016, 04:38 PM
This morning I found scratch on my car, from rear end of front door until under the headlamp. Obviously it caused by nail/spike that inscribed by someone, not because other cause. I guess, it's happened yesterday afternoon when I parked my car beside the street.

I am not angry because I regard it as unlucky. I am also not shocked because vandalism like this often happen in my place, and I think in many other places too.

I just wonder, what make some people have behavior which they like to ruin other people properties or public properties?. And how to make them aware and stop this behavior?. Any idea?.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Linkdeutscher
01-12-2016, 11:34 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmtullahi Wabaraktuh

No idea really brother.

Think of it as a trial from Allah swt.

Merciful
01-13-2016, 12:27 AM
:sl:

I am saddened that my brother comes to us bearing news that his property has been abused. May Allah :swt: reward you ten folds in the equivalent of the damage as a recompense.

My advice to you is to apply a deterrent that would force any potential vandal to abstain from his wrongdoings. An example would be to purchase a cheap camera (this may be a smart investment if the vandalism occurs frequently [like you mentioned] and perhaps will cost more than the camera to rectify) and position it so that fixates in the direction of your car, then add a lucid warning sign stating that there is a camera and that you will promptly report any malicious activity.

ardianto
01-13-2016, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmtullahi Wabaraktuh

No idea really brother.

Think of it as a trial from Allah swt.
Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

My car get just little damage. I don't see it as trial, but I see it as warning. Probably I haven't good enough in zakat, infaq, and sadaqah.

Jazak Allah Khayr, brother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
01-13-2016, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Merciful
:sl:

I am saddened that my brother comes to us bearing news that his property has been abused. May Allah :swt: reward you ten folds in the equivalent of the damage as a recompense.

My advice to you is to apply a deterrent that would force any potential vandal to abstain from his wrongdoings. An example would be to purchase a cheap camera (this may be a smart investment if the vandalism occurs frequently [like you mentioned] and perhaps will cost more than the camera to rectify) and position it so that fixates in the direction of your car, then add a lucid warning sign stating that there is a camera and that you will promptly report any malicious activity.
:wa:

Actually I made this thread not to get idea to protect my car. But I am very concerned with vandalism in my place that has been a big problem. Many public properties and people ruined because vandalism. So I hope I can have idea to reduce vandalism that I can share with people and government.

There are many CCTVs in big city where I live (Bandung, Indonesia), but it's not effective. Even there is a new trend in my place which youth ruin public properties, take photo, and proudly post it in social medias!. Indeed, then they stop doing this wrong after scolded or punished, like a guy that punished to clean up a street by the mayor few months ago. Unfortunately, there's always new vandal that appear.

But, Jazak Allah Khayr for your concern, brother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.