/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An unexpected guest

Ali Hammuda
01-13-2016, 06:50 PM
Envisage waking up in the morning to the sound of perpetual knocks on your front door. As you casually make your way to the entrance, you try recalling any appointment that you had made for this hour of day, but you are almost certain that none were made. Your door is gently knocked again. You quietly peek through the key hole just in case you find an unwanted visitor but, as you stare, it seems that your eyes are playing tricks on you.

You pull back, wipe the sleep away from your eyes and hesitantly take a second glance, a prolonged blink-less glance. At this point your heart skips a beat. Every milligram of moisture within your throat dries out, your eyes grow wild, your skin turns pale, you lose your words and your feet struggle to carry you.

“Am I dreaming?” You ask yourself. “This cannot be real.”

Your guest this morning is not the post man, a family friend or a celebrity.
Your guest this morning is the greatest creation to ever walk this earth, the greatest that has ever been buried within it and the greatest that will emerge from it on the Day of Resurrection.

Your guest this morning is Prophet Muḥammad (sall Allāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam).

You have recognised him by his wavy black hair which drops below his earlobe, by the magnificently wide openings of his eyes, by his finely arched eyebrows, by the purity of his skin’s texture, by the magnificent scents that are now creeping into your home, as he stands ahead of his three companions, Abū Bakr, ʿUmar and ʿUthmān, who have lowered their heads in awe of him, stationed in serenity.

Ask yourself with honesty:
Would you be happy for him to enter your home? Would you be proud of what he would see on your walls, tables and shelves? What you keep the pack of cigarettes lying there in front of him or would you frantically throw them out of sight? Would you hand over your phone to him if he requested to look over your conversations? Would you keep your Facebook page signed in? Would you - my sister – keep on the same Ḥijāb which you go out in? Or would it dramatically change? Would the makeup and perfume remain or...?

Would the Prophet (PBUH) be proud to meet you? Would he say, “This is another sweet fruit of my 23 years’ worth of Da’wah, of sacrifice, bloodshed and throbbing limbs”?

Or would his heart totally break following his first glance and subsequent conversation with you?

A companion by the name of Saʿīd b. Yazīd once said to the Prophet (sall Allāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam), “Advise me.” He responded with words that bring tears to the eyes of the honest, words which, if implemented, would bring about your happiness in this life and the next.

He said:
أوصيكَ أنْ تستحي منَ اللهِ تعالى كما تستحي منَ الرجلِ الصالحِ منْ قومِك
“I advise you to be shy of Allāh (subḥānahu wa taʿālā) the same way you are shy from the righteous man from your community.”

Ponder over our nervousness when a scholarly figure casts a glance at us, our sense of shame when a God-fearing individual spots our behaviour in the public or private domain.

Ponder over our utmost shyness and self-consciousness in the presence of the Messenger (sall Allāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam).

Dearest reader...

Is Allāh, The King, the One free from all defects, the Giver of security, the Overseer, the All-Mighty, the Compeller, the Supreme, the One who is praised and glorified by everything within the heavens and earth, not worthier of that shyness?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
01-14-2016, 08:05 AM
Great reminder :jz:.

We should always think about our situation now, our homes and families. Allah is always watching. Are we attaining his pleasure? Think about that.

Insaanah
01-14-2016, 09:55 AM
:salam:

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Hammuda
Ask yourself with honesty:
Would you be happy for him to enter your home? Would you be proud of what he would see on your walls, tables and shelves? What you keep the pack of cigarettes lying there in front of him or would you frantically throw them out of sight? Would you hand over your phone to him if he requested to look over your conversations? Would you keep your Facebook page signed in? Would you - my sister – keep on the same Ḥijāb which you go out in? Or would it dramatically change? Would the makeup and perfume remain or...?

Would the Prophet (PBUH) be proud to meet you? Would he say, “This is another sweet fruit of my 23 years’ worth of Da’wah, of sacrifice, bloodshed and throbbing limbs”?

Or would his heart totally break following his first glance and subsequent conversation with you?
Reminds me of this poem:

format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
I must stress, this was not written by me, but by a revert sister called Camilia El-Banhawy Badr, who if I recall correctly, was a former nun. I think she wrote it in the early 80's. If you copy and paste this into emails, please acknowledge her as the author, and pray for Allah to have mercy on her soul. (She since passed away).

I WONDER ...

If the Prophet Muhammad :saws: visited you, just for a day or two,
If he came unexpectedly I wonder what you would do.
Oh, I know you'd give your nicest room to such an honoured guest,
And all the food you'd serve to him would be the very best,
And you would keep assuring him, you're glad to have him there,
That serving him in your home, is joy beyond compare.

But... when you saw him coming, would you meet him at the door,
With arms outstretched in welcome, to your visitor?
Or... would you have to change your clothes before you let him in?
Or hide some magazines and put the Qur'an where they had been?

Would you still watch the same movies on your T.V. set?
Or would you rush to switch it off before he got upset?
Would you turn off the radio and hope he hadn't heard?
Or wish you hadn't uttered that last loud hasty word?

Would you hide your worldy music, and instead take hadith books out?
Could you let him walk right in, or would you rush about?

And I wonder, if the prophet spent a day or two with you,
Would you go right on doing the things you always do?
Would you go right on saying the things you always say?
Would life for you continue as it does from day to day?

Would your family conversation keep up it's usual pace,
And would you find it hard each meal to say a table grace?
Would you keep up every prayer without putting on a frown?
And would you always arise early for prayers at dawn?

Would you sing the songs you always sing and read the books you read?
And let him know the things on which your mind and spirit feed?

Would you take the Prophet :saws: with you everywhere you plan to go?
Or, would you maybe change your plans, just for a day or so?
Would you be glad to have him meet your very closest friends?
Or, would you hope they'd stay away until his visit ends?

Would you be glad to have him stay forever on and on...
Or would you sigh with great relief when he at last was gone?
It might be interesting to know, the things that you would do...
If Prophet Muhammad :saws: , in person, came to spend some time with you.

by Camilia El-Banhawy Badr
http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...5-visited.html

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Hammuda
A companion by the name of Saʿīd b. Yazīd once said to the Prophet (sall Allāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam), “Advise me.” He responded with words that bring tears to the eyes of the honest, words which, if implemented, would bring about your happiness in this life and the next.

He said:
أوصيكَ أنْ تستحي منَ اللهِ تعالى كما تستحي منَ الرجلِ الصالحِ منْ قومِك
“I advise you to be shy of Allāh (subḥānahu wa taʿālā) the same way you are shy from the righteous man from your community.”
Do you have the hadith reference for this please?

Edit: found it mentioned here:
. الحديث الذي ورد في سؤالك هو :
عَنْ سَعِيدِ بن يَزِيدَ الأَزْدِيِّ ، أَنَّهُ قَالَ لِلنَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : أَوْصِنِي ، قَالَ : أُوصِيكَ أَنْ تَسْتَحِيَ مِنَ اللَّهِ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ كَمَا تَسْتَحِي مِنَ الرَّجُلِ الصَّالِحِ .
رواه الإمام أحمد في " الزهد " ( 46 ) ، والبيهقي في " شعب الأيمان " ( 6 / 145 ) والطبراني في " المعجم الكبير " ( 7738 ) ، وصححه الألباني في " الصحيحة " ( 741 ) .
Recorded by Imam Ahmad, Baihaqi, Tabrani, and Sheikh Albani said it is saheeh

https://islamqa.info/ar/106249

:jz:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.