/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The closest to Him that you’ve ever felt

Ali Hammuda
01-14-2016, 08:01 PM
If you were to ask any Muslim, “Tell me about the time when you felt *closest* to Allah” What will such a person usually say?

When they got married?
When they graduated with top grades?
When they got their dream job?

No. But they will tell you about a terrible difficulty that they’d experienced.

When they lost wealth.
When a loved one died.
When a relationship that they’d aspired for had to be put to an end.
.. Or their likes.

Right?

But wait, why did such a person feel most close to Allah during that instance?

Because at that point, s/he realised that *every* other rope had been cut and the only rope that remained was the rope of Allah. So s/he grabbed it, cried intensely at the doorstep of Allah, begging for relief and aid, pleading for assistance and forgiveness..

At that point, the warmth of being a slave of Allah was felt..

As Imam Ibnu Taymiyyah beautifully worded it:
يبتلي الله عباده بالشدة فيلجئهم إليه وتتعلق قلوبهم به فيحصل لهم من الإيمان ماهو أعظم من زوال ما يكرهونه من الشدة
“At times, Allah trials His slaves with difficulties in order to *force* them to resort to Him for their hearts to become attached to Him. Thus, the ‘eman which is born because of this difficulty becomes dearer to the person than the removal of the calamity itself.”

Do you see how Allah SWT plans for you and I?

See His signs in your difficulties.

Raise your complaints to Him alone.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hisnameiszzz
01-14-2016, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Hammuda
Raise your complaints to Him alone.
I do. I beg and plead and pray and cry but he never listens. He makes the tests harder than they were before. So now I think I will stop bothering.

M.I.A.
01-14-2016, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
I do. I beg and plead and pray and cry but he never listens. He makes the tests harder than they were before. So now I think I will stop bothering.

There is no compulsion in religion but everybody gets a portion of what they take part in.

Patients and perseverance.

..I don't even know what you beg/pray or plead for?

sister herb
01-14-2016, 09:18 PM
Silent neighbors?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
01-14-2016, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Silent neighbors?
Not silent. Just reasonable. Ignorant parents are on holiday since yesterday. Ignorant son, his wife and Ignorant daughter are all slamming door non stop now. I'm in my room in tears AGAIN.

Search
01-14-2016, 09:26 PM
:bism:

:sl:

I'm sorry to hear that, but I had a suggestion, especially as I'd once read that you like to give in charity because you have money. Is there any way that you can hire a contractor, after getting quotes from different contractors, to sound-proof the walls in your home? That might help immensely.

Not silent. Just reasonable. Ignorant parents are on holiday since yesterday. Ignorant son, his wife and Ignorant daughter are all slamming door non stop now. I'm in my room in tears AGAIN.
:wa:

hisnameiszzz
01-14-2016, 09:28 PM
Sorry. I need to stop posting on here. I have become so negative and bitter. Everyone will think I am a complete nut job.

I promise you all. I used to be normal. But years and years of this has driven me absolutely psycho.

OP. Sorry for ransacking your thread too. I am so sorry.

M.I.A.
01-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Whack the adhaan on five times a day, put speaker next to the wall..

Now your neighbours will complain about you.

But seriously have you actually been to your neighbours and asked? Or told them of the situation?

...I hate imaginary neighbours so its better if you do.

Even if its only for them to reinforce there own actions.

Remember to be nice and see if they lie to you.

*charisma*
01-14-2016, 10:08 PM
Assalamu Aalaikum

There are those who go through SOOOO much hardship, more than we can even imagine or feel that we can handle, and yet they still believe so strongly in Allah and have hope and faith and go through life without complaining. What is the difference between someone like that, and someone that gives up??

Allah tells us to bear patience with a BEAUTIFUL patience (sabrun jameel), and some people do not know how to do that. Sometimes people don't realize that they are stuck in life, and in order to be able to endure or appreciate what's coming, they have to go through trials, hardships, and tests.

M.I.A.
01-14-2016, 10:28 PM
Well there is struggle in life but there is also tumult and oppression.

At a point a person has to have self worth and also know what his self worth cost.

Finding a middle ground is difficult or easy depending on the company we keep and those we are in service too.

If you find what annoys you make sure you don't emulate it...

Give plenty of second chances or as some have done, finish first..

And see what happens the second time round.

All this is speculation at best so feel free to drop knowledge on me.

Muhaba
01-14-2016, 10:58 PM
Sorry. I need to stop posting on here. I have become so negative and bitter. Everyone will think I am a complete nut job.

I promise you all. I used to be normal. But years and years of this has driven me absolutely psycho.

OP. Sorry for ransacking your thread too. I am so sorry.
Sometimes, the trials are unbearable but instead of thinking Allah doesn't hear your prayers or doesn't answer, you need to ask yourself what you can do about the situation and then work to solve it. Because God helps those who help themselves. And a lot of times the fault is our own because we don't take action or try to find a solution. As an example, if you need money, you're not going to just sit in your house and make dua for money. You'll go out and try to earn. So why expect that problems will end without you trying to find a solution?

hisnameiszzz
01-14-2016, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhaba
Sometimes, the trials are unbearable but instead of thinking Allah doesn't hear your prayers or doesn't answer, you need to ask yourself what you can do about the situation and then work to solve it. Because God helps those who help themselves. And a lot of times the fault is our own because we don't take action or try to find a solution. As an example, if you need money, you're not going to just sit in your house and make dua for money. You'll go out and try to earn. So why expect that problems will end without you trying to find a solution?
Not really sure what more I can do.

I look at property websites every day. I even go to their office and enquire about properties that are not advertised.

Tried speaking to ignorant neighbours and they yelled at me and now make even more noise.

I joined a website for people that suffer from noisy neighbours for support.

Tried retaliating but no one else at ours will be anti social. It's un Islamic and they don't agree with it. So one person versus five is not really no. I slam one door. They slam five.

I contacted the local authority and the Police. But they say door slams are regular household noise. What???

I contacted an Imam and a few Aalims but they can't or won't help.

I pray extra hard. I cry even more. I pray everything the ladies have asked me to on here.

Not really sure what more there is I can do other than play the lottery and hope to win big money so I can move into a nice bungalow with the rest of the family.

Any other ideas?

M.I.A.
01-14-2016, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhaba
Then the boss can slam doors at you for money!

And give you negative reps and delete your posts.

Sorry mate your in a living hell.

Put your house for sale, you will be the richest homeless man ever.

Merciful
01-15-2016, 12:35 AM
Not really sure what more I can do.

I look at property websites every day. I even go to their office and enquire about properties that are not advertised.

Tried speaking to ignorant neighbours and they yelled at me and now make even more noise.

I joined a website for people that suffer from noisy neighbours for support.

Tried retaliating but no one else at ours will be anti social. It's un Islamic and they don't agree with it. So one person versus five is not really no. I slam one door. They slam five.

I contacted the local authority and the Police. But they say door slams are regular household noise. What???

I contacted an Imam and a few Aalims but they can't or won't help.

I pray extra hard. I cry even more. I pray everything the ladies have asked me to on here.

Not really sure what more there is I can do other than play the lottery and hope to win big money so I can move into a nice bungalow with the rest of the family.

Any other ideas?
[I tried pming you but I don't have a sufficient amount of posts]

I have invested some time (a very small amount) into pondering about your predicament (with your neighbours). I am saddened to hear that they deliberately(?) mistreat you by making excessively loud noises. My advice to you is to be direct and firm when you approach them without being abusive. If they are Muslims, quote to them this short hadith:

The Prophet :saws1: said: 'Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him honour his neighbour.'

If they are indeed Muslims and they fail to take heed after such a peaceful approach, then thank Allah :swt: for it is clear that this is a trial and it is much lighter than the trials and tribulations of some of your predecessors and even those living among us (Syria crisis). There is no doubt that this is a form of oppression so I would like you to note this hadith:

The Prophet :saws1: said: Be afraid from the curse of the oppressed for there is no screen between his invocation and Allah.'

If they aren't Muslims and the authorities refuse to scrutinise their behaviour then patience is all I can advise. I want to reiterate that you should refrain from retaliation by doing what they are doing to you or losing your temper as that wouldn't make you any better than them (with regards to honouring one's neighbour). I am so saddened to hear that it brings you to tears and by Allah :swt: it brings me to tears. May Allah :swt: bless you and relieve you of this hindrance.

Be happy, this trial could mean Jannah! :alhamd:

hisnameiszzz
01-15-2016, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Merciful
[I tried pming you but I don't have a sufficient amount of posts]

I have invested some time (a very small amount) into pondering about your predicament (with your neighbours). I am saddened to hear that they deliberately(?) mistreat you by making excessively loud noises. My advice to you is to be direct and firm when you approach them without being abusive. If they are Muslims, quote to them this short hadith:

The Prophet :saws1: said: 'Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him honour his neighbour.'

If they are indeed Muslims and they fail to take heed after such a peaceful approach, then thank Allah :swt: for it is clear that this is a trial and it is much lighter than the trials and tribulations of some of your predecessors and even those living among us (Syria crisis). There is no doubt that this is a form of oppression so I would like you to note this hadith:

The Prophet :saws1: said: Be afraid from the curse of the oppressed for there is no screen between his invocation and Allah.'

If they aren't Muslims and the authorities refuse to scrutinise their behaviour then patience is all I can advise. I want to reiterate that you should refrain from retaliation by doing what they are doing to you or losing your temper as that wouldn't make you any better than them (with regards to honouring one's neighbour). I am so saddened to hear that it brings you to tears and by Allah :swt: it brings me to tears. May Allah :swt: bless you and relieve you of this hindrance.

Be happy, this trial could mean Jannah! :alhamd:
Hi Merciful,

Thanks for your time and for your really helpful message.

(I've copied and pasted this bit from another thread I wrote on yesterday, sorry just being lazy). They are definitely Muslim. The father normally wails each morning, I think he is trying to pray the Qura'an. And the whole family have Muslim names so I guess that's a dead certain they are Muslim.

They won't listen to us if we go speak to them. We have tried that numerous times in the past. We ended up with dead rats on our car and even more noise.

I've previously spoken to an Imaam. He actually did two back to back Jummah sermons on the rights of neighbours. The ignorant father from next door was in both of them but it made no difference. He wouldn't speak to them direct when I told them who they were. The family are quite rough and do what they want. Not even the Police scare them!

Since then we have had numerous big Aaalims come to our Mosque (Moulana Fadhlur Rehman Azmi, Sheikh Touqueer Choudhury and someone from South Africa) - each of them have always spoken about the rights of neighbours but alas, the penny never drops. I know the ignorant mother from next door has the receiver on at home (it transmits sermons from the Mosque to homes so females can listen) but again, she is just more ignorant than ever before.

Last month, Moulana Saleem Dhorat from Leicester did the same bayan. Ignorant father and ignorant son from next door were at the lecture but hey, guess what, it made no difference whatsoever.

I am at my wits end now. I've prayed everything people have told me to pray and still nothing. I know I probably sound really impatient, ranting and raving like a lunatic, but non stop abuse and harassment on a daily basis takes its toll on you. It really does. I ate not too long ago and then threw it all up because I was so anxious and worried.

I understand the bit about tests and the possibility of entering Jannah. My problem is I am weak. I know the people of Syria are suffering 1 million times worse than me, but I am weak and I cannot take anymore. Sometimes I wonder if I should just slit my wrists. I have previously tried overdosing on sleeping tablets, but not even they worked. I was still wide awake all night.

Do you think Allah won't help me because I am such a bad person? If so, I might as well just slit my wrists and end up in hell forever.

Merciful
01-17-2016, 04:28 AM
Hi Merciful,

Thanks for your time and for your really helpful message.

(I've copied and pasted this bit from another thread I wrote on yesterday, sorry just being lazy). They are definitely Muslim. The father normally wails each morning, I think he is trying to pray the Qura'an. And the whole family have Muslim names so I guess that's a dead certain they are Muslim.

They won't listen to us if we go speak to them. We have tried that numerous times in the past. We ended up with dead rats on our car and even more noise.

I've previously spoken to an Imaam. He actually did two back to back Jummah sermons on the rights of neighbours. The ignorant father from next door was in both of them but it made no difference. He wouldn't speak to them direct when I told them who they were. The family are quite rough and do what they want. Not even the Police scare them!

Since then we have had numerous big Aaalims come to our Mosque (Moulana Fadhlur Rehman Azmi, Sheikh Touqueer Choudhury and someone from South Africa) - each of them have always spoken about the rights of neighbours but alas, the penny never drops. I know the ignorant mother from next door has the receiver on at home (it transmits sermons from the Mosque to homes so females can listen) but again, she is just more ignorant than ever before.

Last month, Moulana Saleem Dhorat from Leicester did the same bayan. Ignorant father and ignorant son from next door were at the lecture but hey, guess what, it made no difference whatsoever.

I am at my wits end now. I've prayed everything people have told me to pray and still nothing. I know I probably sound really impatient, ranting and raving like a lunatic, but non stop abuse and harassment on a daily basis takes its toll on you. It really does. I ate not too long ago and then threw it all up because I was so anxious and worried.

I understand the bit about tests and the possibility of entering Jannah. My problem is I am weak. I know the people of Syria are suffering 1 million times worse than me, but I am weak and I cannot take anymore. Sometimes I wonder if I should just slit my wrists. I have previously tried overdosing on sleeping tablets, but not even they worked. I was still wide awake all night.

Do you think Allah won't help me because I am such a bad person? If so, I might as well just slit my wrists and end up in hell forever.
:arabic6:

Forgive me, I have been very busy lately and have not had time to post on here.

I read your post completely and am very grateful that you have shed more light on the topic. Firstly, if the Imam's and scholars cannot cause the reform of your neighbour's with regards to their injustice, I surely cannot. What I can do is address your situation directly, whereas when the scholars gave sermons they spoke of Adab towards one's neighbours which is general and likely inapplicable to your situation.

You've spoken to them many times which hasn't in any way allayed the plight, rather it has worsened it (rats on your property). That being the case, it would be rather futile to dispute with them further. Perhaps you ought to assign a competent man from your family with the role of a guard who will keep watch of your property during the times when they leave/enter their homes. You may find this impractical but if the law won't assist you, it is you who needs to step up and defend your property and honour.

On the topic of the noise: I am getting the impression that you are indoors often. Is it unreasonable to suggest more time away from your home? Better yet, why not relocate entirely? I did not suggest moving houses because one would assume that after years of undergoing mistreatment from neighbours, that would be the first thing on the agenda, thus making the suggestion unnecessary. I'm wondering why you haven't moved houses.

On the topic of harming yourself: Habibi (the word is typically used in jest, I am serious) cutting your wrists is not going to solve anything. It is merely a trick of the shaytan. There was a man who made istighfar one day after earning the resentment of his entire village and being cast out, and the Prophet of that time received wahi (revelation) and was ordered to pray on him and anyone who prayed on him would be forgiven. That is because he sincerely repented to Allah :swt: and shortly thereafter died. A man who lived his life in sin became a wali in one night! Do not despair of the mercy of your Lord! Turn back to Him and perhaps your situation may be alleviated.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.