/* */

PDA

View Full Version : lottery winner

BilalKid
01-17-2016, 11:09 AM
if someone win lottery how can they use haram money?? ^o)

giveaway or charity

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-17-2016, 11:59 AM
Buying lottery coupon is haram because lottery is gambling. If a Muslim buy lottery coupon and win the prize, he should not take the prize because his sin of gambling would be added with sin of using haram money.

strivingobserver98
01-17-2016, 12:49 PM
:sl:

Here is something I wrote a few days ago :).

$800 Million Powerball Lottery

Do YOU want to become Rich overnight? Chance to win Millions?... NOT. See the image attached of one way of coping with your loss :p.

Lottery is a form of gambling hence why the scholars have said it is impermissible to take part it in.

Let's see what Abu Lottery is up to these days :D.

Abu Lottery: Salam brother, you do know if we want something in the Dunya we have to work hard for it.
Abdullah: Of course brother. Let's go pray Magrib Salah Insha Allah.
Abu Lottery: I have to go home to see the announcement for lottery numbers grin emoticon.
Abdullah: *Speechless*

Trust me the odds and chances are definitely NOT in your favor. Your more likely to be killed by a vending machine than to win the lottery.

Just recently a Powerball drawing reached $800 Million. Guess what? Even Maths is not in your favor :p.

Read the following article by Business Insider: http://uk.businessinsider.com/powerball-lottery-expected-value-jan-9-draw-2016-1?r=US&IR=T#ifrndnlocgoogle

When you are a Muslim entrepreneur you will learn how to handle and manage your finances. And of course use it in the best way possible Insha Allah. Many lottery winners no matter how much they win, lose their Millions in 5 years or less.

A Muslim broke man. Imagine. He gets approached via ACN, it doesn't work out. He applies for jobs, no one accepts him. He gets emails of quick rich courses, but he cannot afford it. Then he see's the lottery ticket at his local newsagent. Which he can buy for so cheap, so the temptation is high. Brother avoid it like the plague and obey Allah swt.

"Whosoever fears Allah 'keeps his duty to Him', He will make a way for him to get out from every difficulty. And He will provide for him from (sources) he could never imagine." [65:2-3]

Think about what legacy your going to leave behind in this world? A man of inspiration who worked with excellence to achieve what he wanted? Or a man who was always looking for quick way out and earned haram earnings by lottery?

Take a look at this quote below this pretty much summarizes it, you will never see lottery the same way again ;).

"The lottery is just a way of taxing poor people who don't know math."

hisnameiszzz
01-17-2016, 01:06 PM
This made me giggle. A few Fridays ago I had to go to the local shop to buy some groceries. Two Uncles who were at Jummah were there. Both were putting numbers on their lottery slips. One turns to the other and says: I've just prayed Jummah and made dua. Let's hope I win this week.

Made me giggle like crazy. Seriously? I mean seriously?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
01-17-2016, 01:28 PM
In the UK the national lottery uses some of the money generated for lottery funded projects..

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/l...the-money-goes

.....muddy the water a little.

A few decades ago it was common for communities in my area to have a fund..

Everybody put in money every week and then one person would get the money and it would start again and be given to the next person..

Almost similar but without the gambling aspect.

...although its probably hardest on the last person

Scimitar
01-17-2016, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
This made me giggle. A few Fridays ago I had to go to the local shop to buy some groceries. Two Uncles who were at Jummah were there. Both were putting numbers on their lottery slips. One turns to the other and says: I've just prayed Jummah and made dua. Let's hope I win this week.

Made me giggle like crazy. Seriously? I mean seriously?
stuff like that stays in my head for weeks lol

hisnameiszzz
01-17-2016, 04:26 PM
Is the lottery fully and completely haram? I see a lot of uncles and aunties putting numbers down.

There is an uncle in my street who used to always reply to me when I said Salaam to him if I walked past him. I saw him putting his numbers down once in WHSmith and now he just blanks me. He normally sits inside the Mosque near the entrance and he says Salaam to everyone who goes in but when I do, he glares at me. Not sure why he does that. It's his life and he can do what he wants. It's not my fault I saw him doing what he was doing.

keiv
01-17-2016, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
In the UK the national lottery uses some of the money generated for lottery funded projects..

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/l...the-money-goes

.....muddy the water a little.

A few decades ago it was common for communities in my area to have a fund..

Everybody put in money every week and then one person would get the money and it would start again and be given to the next person..

Almost similar but without the gambling aspect.

...although its probably hardest on the last person
A lot of the states in the US put money earned from the lotto into the education system, supposedly. In my state, they claim that close to $1 billion a year has been put into the education system since the program started. At first I thought it was a good thing but, then I looked at the schools here and wonder where the hell that "$1 billion" went to. $1 billion a year is a heck of a lot of money yet, our schools are low scoring and some facilities are lacking all together.

On the topic of winners though, one of them happen to be in the neighboring city from where I live. I'm just glad it's over because that's all the news and co-workers kept talking about.

M.I.A.
01-17-2016, 11:00 PM
Yep, I'm not that old but in my experience..

Throwing money at some things changes nothing, for all intents and purposes it's a bottomless pit.

...I have no idea what real change is or its cost.

I'd buy a car probably.. And maybe a race track.

crimsontide06
01-18-2016, 05:22 AM
Can you take money from someone who won & decided to share with others?

Saleem Khan
01-18-2016, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Can you take money from someone who won & decided to share with others?
Money cannot be taken from someone who has won the lottery. That money is unlawful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.