/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am I a Kaafir if i die a bachelor ?

anonymous
01-17-2016, 06:43 PM
Does the below hadith means that anyone who fails to get married due to poverty is a kaafir? What does it mean by "not from me" ?

"By Allah, I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you; yet I fast and break my fast, I do sleep and I also marry women. So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me ."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Saleem Khan
01-17-2016, 08:45 PM
It refers to those people that assume getting married and taking pleasure in food is becoming attached to the this world. For instance monks, priest etc practice celibacy and assume it is piety. However, Nabi peace be upon him is teaching us piety is in his sunnah.

If one does not get married it does not mean he is a kafir.

Ridwaan Ravat
01-17-2016, 09:59 PM
Assalamualykum

This is part of a lengthy hadeeth and not the full hadeeth. Your question is most welcome and from here we learn the importance of asking and not assuming.

'Not from me' simply means not from my way. It does not mean a person becomes kaafir.

With regards to abstaining from marriage due to poverty, depends on how poverty is translated, if a person does not possess the bare necessities, he should not get married. Nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم adviced that he should observe fast.

Jazakallah khair

Request duaas.

*charisma*
01-18-2016, 05:26 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

This is from a longer hadith about extremism in a way (and how moderation is best), I think the whole of it makes gives better context:

A group of three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet (ﷺ) asking how the Prophet (ﷺ) worshipped (Allah), and when they were informed about that, they considered their worship insufficient and said, "Where are we from the Prophet (ﷺ) as his past and future sins have been forgiven." Then one of them said, "I will offer the prayer throughout the night forever." The other said, "I will fast throughout the year and will not break my fast." The third said, "I will keep away from the women and will not marry forever." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came to them and said, "Are you the same people who said so-and-so? By Allah, I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you; yet I fast and break my fast, I do sleep and I also marry women. So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (not one of my followers).

Sahih al-Bukhari 5063
Book 67, Hadith 1
Vol. 7, Book 62, Hadith 1

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
01-29-2016, 09:27 PM
So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (not one of my followers).
So not one of my followers means that the person is not a Muslim.A person who follows Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is a muslim and he who does not follow him is a disbeliever

'Not from me' simply means not from my way.
And what does that "not from my way" mean ?

example I eat with hand and you ate with Spoon.
I dont follow your way of eating. So Does that mean , i am not from your way ?

anonymous
02-07-2016, 07:56 PM
i really want an answer on this , please can some one respond

Zafran
02-08-2016, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
i really want an answer on this , please can some one respond
Marraige is sunnah so one should try to marry. If one cannot for various serious reasons then there is no harm. Its like anything else - some people cannot do Hajj, or fast or pay Zakat.

Many famous scholars didnt marry such as Imam Nawwi(ra).

sister herb
02-08-2016, 08:32 AM
In the other thread is discussion about being married in Jannah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ah-solved.html

By this, if you haven´t found your spouse during your earthly life, in Jannah you will be married.

anonymous
02-08-2016, 08:26 PM
Lets look at the hadith again

"So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (not one of my followers). "

There is also this hadith about 73 sects of which 72 will go to hellfire except the one that follows the Sunnah

"There will be disagreement and divisions in my Ummah. It will split into 73 groups. Except for one of these groups, all the remaining will be thrown into Hell. When asked about which group will be on the right path, the Beloved Messenger of Allah replied, “The group on the right path, which will enter Paradise, will be the group which follows my Sunnah ."

So combining 1 and 2 together ,does "not from me" mean not from my sunnah followers and thus no marriage means hellfire

Please answer this now , because your opinions seem wrong , because above hadith clearly imply that Marriage is must if you want to save yourself from hellfire .

Zafran
02-09-2016, 12:41 AM
salaam

Look there are plenty of people in Islamic History that could not marry for many reasons. That does not danm anyone to hell. Stop taking hadiths randomly and trying to smash them together - Look for a scholar in fiqh and hadith.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.