01-18-2016, 05:18 PM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
01-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Who else noticed this :D.

52:35 is the flight number.

Which is also the ayah...

أَمْ خُلِقُوا مِنْ غَيْرِ شَيْءٍ أَمْ هُمُ الْخَالِقُونَ

"Were they created of nothing or were they themselves the creators?" (Quran 52:35)

Pygoscelis
04-14-2016, 10:13 PM
This reminds me of the old saying "There are no atheists in foxholes". Not true, and there are atheist soldier and ex-soldier associations to prove it, but I think there is some truth to the general idea. I am not sure what you nice religious folks intend it to mean, but to me it means that the desperate reach for the irrational. It is the same reason people go to psychics or go into denial about a particularly harsh tragedy, etc. A lot of religious conversions do seem to happen for emotional reasons. It is almost like you feel yourself into religion and you think yourself out of it. Certainly that doesn't apply to all, but it sure does seem to apply to many and this is an example.

sister herb
04-15-2016, 06:47 PM
This video is a good reminder to Muslims too: how many times we ask help from Allah, He helps us but we forget to be thankful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimInshallah
04-15-2016, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
This reminds me of the old saying "There are no atheists in foxholes". Not true, and there are atheist soldier and ex-soldier associations to prove it, but I think there is some truth to the general idea. I am not sure what you nice religious folks intend it to mean, but to me it means that the desperate reach for the irrational. It is the same reason people go to psychics or go into denial about a particularly harsh tragedy, etc. A lot of religious conversions do seem to happen for emotional reasons. It is almost like you feel yourself into religion and you think yourself out of it. Certainly that doesn't apply to all, but it sure does seem to apply to many and this is an example.
Hello Pygoscelis,

You wondered what this means for Muslims? The way we understand these moments when even atheists will cry out to God for help, is that there is an underlying link to, and knowledge of, God in every person, but that humans have been Gifted with the capacity to cover over this link and ignore it. However, in times of need, humans will tend to reach out to whatever will help them. And that often includes reactivating that link and reaching out to God.

(smile) God Bless.

Serinity
04-15-2016, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Your assumption that belief in God is irrational is quite presumptuous. Why do you think that?

To me it is completely rational to believe in God, why? Cause of our very existence.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.