/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 4 Qualities of a Righteous Friend

strivingobserver98
01-18-2016, 09:29 PM

1. When you see them, they remind you of Allah.

2. When you sit with them, it increases your Iman.

3. When they speak to you, it increases your knowledge.

4. When you see their actions, you remember the Akhirah.

"Truly! The Muttaqun (pious and righteous persons) will be amidst Gardens and water-springs (Paradise).

Surah Al Hijr
رب هب لي حكما والحقني بالصالحين
Rabbi habli hukman wa alhiqni bis-saliheen.

My Lord! Bestow Hukman (religious knowledge & wisdom) on me, and join me with the righteous.
83, Surah Ash-Shuara

Aameen

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaqib
01-18-2016, 10:52 PM
:/
Nearly all my friends are literally the exact opposite... cussing, vines, and crap I don't care about.
hm...

sister herb
01-18-2016, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
Nearly all my friends are literally the exact opposite... cussing, vines, and crap I don't care about.
hm...
If your friends are opposite, then you can be kind of rightenous friend to them. Maybe you will have a good influence.

strivingobserver98
01-18-2016, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
hm...
Show an example of Islam to your current friends and make new friends too :ia:.

Visit the Masjid regularly, attend lectures, be acquainted with the imam etc.

Righteous friends are a gem, always striving to help each other to Jannah :thumbsup:.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
01-18-2016, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Show an example of Islam to your current friends and make new friends too :ia:.

Visit the Masjid regularly, attend lectures, be acquainted with the imam etc.

Righteous friends are a gem, always striving to help each other to Jannah :thumbsup:.
Well, I guess that one of my "friends" knows I'm a muslim. Tho he did ask me "do I hate everyone? Do we have to kill everyone"?

Well... anyways... thank you for the advice. I'll try my best to change them (hopefully)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.