/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Online Courses

Mehnaaz
01-19-2016, 09:59 AM
As-salaam Alaikum Sisters & Brothers,

I would request guidance and direction in finding relevant and reliable material or online courses in the field of Islamic finance, banking, jurisprudence and the like. I'm already looking up courses on MOOCs like edx and Coursera as I write this message.

Any insights will be highly appreciated.

Jazakallah Khair,

Mehnaaz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shafat10
01-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Visit Islamic Online University, register, and join their diploma course, that has all information you will need. The diploma degree provided by them is a worldwide accepted degree. You can also join their bachelor's degree course with some payment. However, the diploma degree is completely free. Hope this helps.

shafat10
01-19-2016, 12:02 PM
http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/
This is the site. Visit their Diploma section and register :).

Mehnaaz
01-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Salaam Brother Shafat,

I see that they have revamped their site from the last time I visited. Looks quite nice!
But unfortunately the courses I am interested in are not free. :/

Though I did end up enrolling for something else: No Doubt - Conveying Islam with Compassion and Reason.
So thank you very much for directing me to islamiconlineuniversity. :)

I am already taking Tajweed classes and Arabic at Bayyinah. I have developed this sense of urgency of late - I feel as if there is so much to know and understand and very little time....

May Allah guide us on the right path and make things easy for us!

Jazakallah Khair,
Mehnaaz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
01-19-2016, 01:16 PM
:wa:

There was an amazing course called Pure Paisa: http://almaghrib.org/seminars/islami...nce/pure-paisa

At the moment I don't think they have any upcoming courses. But I'm sure you can find plenty of material online though :).

Mehnaaz
01-19-2016, 01:47 PM
Brother Farhan, this seemed perfect. I so wish I could get my hands on it. Transcript available, anyone? *wishful thinking*

strivingobserver98
01-19-2016, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mehnaaz
Brother Farhan, this seemed perfect. I so wish I could get my hands on it. Transcript available, anyone? *wishful thinking*
*Wishful thinking turns into reality*:iblove:

https://app.box.com/s/jmelvumbjm6qs38c67mh

Enjoy ;).

Mehnaaz
01-19-2016, 02:18 PM
:statisfie

Mehnaaz
01-19-2016, 02:20 PM
Alhamdulillah!

Allah indeed makes it easy. :)

Please feel free to direct me to such resources. Thank you very much!

Mehnaaz

strivingobserver98
01-19-2016, 02:22 PM
Alhamdulillah!

Allah indeed makes it easy.

Please feel free to direct me to such resources. Thank you very much!
Alhamdulilah :).

We have section dedicated to Business and Islamic Finance check it out here: http://www.islamicboard.com/business...lamic-finance/

Beneficial content posted there too :statisfie.

Mehnaaz
01-19-2016, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Alhamdulilah :).

We have section dedicated to Business and Islamic Finance.

Beneficial content posted there too :statisfie.
Jazakallah Khair!

My main objective today was to look for structures courses and programmes. But I will make use of that as well. :)

Mehnaaz
01-19-2016, 02:52 PM
**structured courses...

strivingobserver98
01-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Jazakallah Khair!

My main objective today was to look for structures courses and programmes. But I will make use of that as well. :)
As brother @shafat10 also suggested. Here's link to exact related course.

Here's link to the Economics, Banking and Finance :). Looks so interesting :ma:.

The Islamic Online University presents the world’s first tuition-free Certificate program in Islamic Banking and Economics. This degree opens the door to a possible career in an exciting, expanding and beneficial field, and is a stepping stone for further studies.

"Allah has permitted trade and has forbidden interest." (Qur'an, 2:275)

In today’s world flooded with interest based transactions, unlawful bank contracts and investments the need for Islamic banking is increasing. Many countries have recently seen a rise in demand for Islamic banking services. Analysts expect that at the current rate of expansion in the next 8 to 10 years, the Islamic banking network in the UAE will overtake the conventional banking system.

"S&P believes the potential market for Islamic financial services to be closer to $4 trillion." (Standard & Poor's Ratings Services)

Job opportunities within the Islamic banking field are also on the rise. While the Middle East still offers growth opportunities there is big potential for growth in countries such as Indonesia, Bangladesh, India, and countries from North Africa and Central Asia which have a substantial Muslim population.
http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/cibe/

Mehnaaz
01-20-2016, 08:40 AM
Jazakallah Khair Brother Farhan,

Its a paid course. Not a tuition fee per se, but some sort of fee - which I feel is fair. I shall make use of it in the future, Insha'Allah!

Regards,
Mehnaaz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.