/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Facebook in the time of the companions

Ali Hammuda
01-20-2016, 01:15 PM
The Prophet PBUH said:

"While I was sleeping I saw myself in paradise. I came to notice a woman who was making wudhuu’ by the side of a palace made from solid gold. I said: 'Who does this palace belong to?’ They said: 'It belongs to ‘Umar Ibnul Khattab’

The Prophet PBUH says: ‘I then remembered *the jealousy of ‘Umar* and so I instantly turned away and left’. Upon hearing this, ‘Umar burst out into crying and so did every companion who was in that gathering.

‘Umar then said: “May my mother and father be sacrificed for you O messenger of Allah, how could I be possibly become jealous from you?”

I wonder what the situation would be if social media was around during the time of 'Umar ..

Would he post photos of himself with his wife?

What he approve if his wife or daughter did so?

Restore to us, O Allah, this *praiseworthy* trait of Gheera/ protective jealousy over our wives, mothers, daughters and sisters.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.