/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sex education

Alex891
01-20-2016, 08:33 PM
Hello! Iam a Muslim, and currently in school they are reaching about Sex Education. I have a question is it ok to learn about it? Or is it haram?' I live in America. Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
01-20-2016, 09:33 PM
I think it depends what kind of subjects they teach there. Is it bad if they for example tell about health matters or what kind of changes happens when people grown up plus tell about the symptons of different kind of sex diseases?

But it sounds bad if they teach that being gay is ok or sex relationships before marriage are ok or something like. Could you ask from the school before kind of lessons which matters they talk there and is it possible not to take part to kind of lessons.

Linkdeutscher
01-20-2016, 09:44 PM
Skip the classes if you can.

strivingobserver98
01-20-2016, 09:48 PM
Useful letter to withdraw yourself from them: http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...education.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Saleem Khan
01-20-2016, 10:03 PM
If I remember correctly my friend told me that a parent has the right to remove the child during this time. If this is correct the parent or guardian of the child should exercise this right. It is inappropriate to sit for these classes.

Ammar67
01-20-2016, 10:15 PM
When I went to school there, if the student was under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian would be the only one that could request that the student not attend it for religious reasons; the student/minors opinion was not really taken into consideration.

Aaqib
01-21-2016, 01:26 AM
Huh? It's haram to learn about sex?? But it's a part of life, how is it haram?

I sat through a sex ed class and they didn't teach about gay or zina.

hisnameiszzz
01-21-2016, 11:24 AM
Oh cripes. I remember my RESH (religious education and sexual health) lessons. They were awkward. They made us watch a show once with people showing their bits and pieces. Ewww! I hated them but they were compulsory. I was excused from RE lessons throughout my whole school life but RESH was compulsory.

Back in the day, it was just about the birds and the bees and infections and diseases but now it is completely different. They teach young children that it's OK to sleep around if you take precaution and that you can also sleep with people of the same sex and have relationships with them. I guess that's OK for some and not for others, but to each their own. I am not judging and I have no issue with people sleeping with the same sex or whoever. That's between them and their God.

Finally, they have also started telling young children that God CAN get things right and he sometimes puts girls in boys bodies and vice versa. Just read in a UK newspaper that they are now scrapping uniforms in one particular school so boys / girls who think they are trapped in the wrong body can feel free and not be forced to wear something they don't agree with.

Aay1K0
01-27-2016, 08:05 AM
You should talk to your parents or guardian on this matter.

azc
01-27-2016, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alex891
Hello! Iam a Muslim, and currently in school they are reaching about Sex Education. I have a question is it ok to learn about it? Or is it haram?' I live in America. Thanks!
Do your parents know about it?Bring it in your parents notice through someone.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.