/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal meat

Alex891
01-21-2016, 09:44 PM
Hello! Iam a 15 year old Muslim and I live in America. My parents are Muslim to. My dad sometimes buys halal meat, and sometimes doesn't. Is it ok to eat the non halal meat he bought? Is it going to be put on him when the day of judgement comes? Because our food mainly consists of meat. And is it ok if I go eat at restaurants? Considering my dad already buys non halal meat. I really want to please Allah. I want to only eat halal meat but my parents are saying just say bismallah and eat it. Iam not sure what to do. If I get old enough to buy my own food, I will only buy halal. And my dad since he works he buys all the food for our house. Iam not sure what to do. Do I eat the non halal? Or not? Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amazigh073
01-21-2016, 11:29 PM
The animal wasn't 'offered' to Allah (swt). Thus it is not allowed to be consumed by Muslims.

If you can't find Halal meat near your home you are allowed to buy and eat Kosher meat since it is basicly the same as Halal. Because the animal's soul was 'offered' to Allah (swt).

But since you are still young and live under your parents it is best not to cause trouble or upset them. You can just eat the Halal meat went your parents buy it and skip the non-Halal meat.

BilalKid
01-22-2016, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amazigh073
If you can't find Halal meat near your home you are allowed to buy and eat Kosher meat since it is basicly the same as Halal. Because the animal's soul was 'offered' to Allah (swt).
true ?? :muddlehea

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-a...al-kosher.html

Ridwaan Ravat
01-23-2016, 03:23 AM
Assalamualykum.

Masha Allah, May Allah reward you for your concern regarding halaal and haraam.

It is not permissible to eat the haraam meat.

I suggest the following:

1. Explain to your father the importance of eating halaal. Don't be hash or load at any time.

2. Politely request your mom to make a second dish for yourself the day she is cooking the haraam meat.

3. If a second dish is not possible, you could always make a sandwich.

4. Make duaa to Allah ta'alah to guide your father.

May Allah make it easy for you and guide your family.

Jazakallah khair

Request duaas

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
01-23-2016, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ridwaan Ravat
Assalamualykum.

Masha Allah, May Allah reward you for your concern regarding halaal and haraam.

It is not permissible to eat the haraam meat.

I suggest the following:

1. Explain to your father the importance of eating halaal. Don't be hash or load at any time.

2. Politely request your mom to make a second dish for yourself the day she is cooking the haraam meat.

3. If a second dish is not possible, you could always make a sandwich.

4. Make duaa to Allah ta'alah to guide your father.

May Allah make it easy for you and guide your family.

Jazakallah khair

Request duaas
Is Kosher permissible?

Saleem Khan
01-24-2016, 04:21 PM
It is completely prohibited for you to eat that food. Your excuses are not valid. At the age of fifteen in shariah terms you are considered a man. Therefore anything you do, you will have to account for in the hereafter.

There is a Hadith of the messenger, "a body that has been nourished with haram food cannot not enter paradise".

Do you see how serious this?

The best way out for you is first try to speak with them and explain the severity of the situation. If this doesn't work then to request you parents to make you in charge of bringing the shopping. You should be doing this already by the age of fifteen.

If haram food still comes to the house then avoid meat at your house eat something else. Once your family sees you don't eat then they will make the change.

Amazigh073
01-24-2016, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
true ?? :muddlehea
I'm talking about meat ofcourse. It is common knowledge that alcohol is forbidden.

hisnameiszzz
01-24-2016, 07:21 PM
Go vegetarian like me. Your food items are limited, but you don't have to worry about whether it is halal or not.

PS. I eat fish too, but I have no idea what that is classed as.

If possible, sit down with your Dad and discuss it. Ask him why he doesn't always buy halal meat? In the UK, halal meat is generally a lot cheaper than non halal meat (if you go to a non halal butcher, the prices are always double that of a halal butcher). You could tell him he could save money if the prices are the same as the UK.

Ridwaan Ravat
01-24-2016, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
Is Kosher permissible?
The question of reliance on a kosher stamp as a guarantee on the Halaal status is hazardous and a slippery slope to follow, a path that we cannot unconditionally recommend.

Whilst there are similarities in certain of the rituals, there are many differences that one may not be aware off, some of which we list below.

? Kosher meat cannot be regarded Halaal, since the present day Jewish method of slaughter in an abattoir environment does not include the recitation of the name of the Almighty upon each animal which is a requirement for Halaal slaughter.

? Islam prohibits all intoxicating alcohol whilst wines manufactured under rabbinic supervision and other intoxicating beverages such as beers and rum etc. are regarded as kosher. The kosher mark cannot make it Halaal.

? Islam considers the entire cattle as Halaal if it is slaughtered in accordance to the Shari'ah whilst according to Jews the hind quarter is forbidden.

? Gelatin is considered kosher by some Jewish authorities regardless of its source of origin. Muslims consider gelatin prepared from pork as Haraam and most Halaal authorities also do not accept gelatin from non-Halaal slaughtered animal origin as being Halaal either. Therefore food items that could contain gelatin with kosher symbols on products such as marshmallows, yoghurts etc are not automatically Halaal.

? Enzymes irrespective of their source are acceptable in cheese making and carry the kosher symbol whilst enzymes of pork origin are Haraam to Muslims.

? Jewish law permits use of pork bristle brush in food preparation whilst it is Haraam for Muslims.

Muslims accept and believe as an article of faith, the role of all the previous Prophets (Peace be upon them) and the scriptures revealed through them, it relies on the final verse of the final revelation revealed to the final Prophet (Peace be upon him) in his farewell pilgrimage to put matters into its proper perspective.

In the verse revealed it was stated "...this day have I perfected your religion for you and completed my favour upon you and chosen for you Islam as your religion." (Surah 5: Verse 3)

The final divine laws of Islam are indeed perfect and best for followers. Consumption of Halaal increases spirituality and benefits us both now and in the Hereafter. There is no need to be dependent on any other sets of laws for convenience.

Aaqib
01-24-2016, 11:37 PM
That's just like one of the Muslim girls at my school.

She just picks up random "meat" at the cafeteria, and thinks saying bismillah is enough.

thehalalmom
10-18-2023, 06:32 AM
Halal is not tough to find these days. It's as simple as going to the online store like https://onestophalal.com to get quality halal meat.

safia8
11-13-2023, 07:44 PM
I understand that it can be difficult to find halal meat, especially if you don't live in a large city. However, there are a few resources available to help you. One resource is online retailers, such as https://albarakamarketnc.com/. This website sells a variety of halal meats, including beef, chicken, lamb, and goat. They also offer shipping to all 50 states.

mrfantastic23
11-20-2023, 11:50 PM
i did not know not eating halal meat was this serious i heard before but did not mind. thank you guys and girls for sharing beneficial knowledge may Allah swt bless you all. i thinking of going vegetarian or eat halal meat only inshaAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.