/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question about Muhammad

Ciara1127
01-22-2016, 01:21 AM
First off, what are the most trustworthy Hadith of Muhammad's life? I have been told that it is Sahih al-Bukari(please let me know if I am wrong)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kiro
01-22-2016, 12:01 PM
Yes, Bukhari is considered the most authentic.

Anything else?

Ciara1127
01-22-2016, 12:17 PM
No I don't cherry pick. I was actually going through some of the Hadith and was quite scared and shocked at what I read. I believe it was Sahih al-Bukari first volume, third Hadith. It said that the Angel Gabriel caught Muhummad "forcefully" and pressed him until he "could not bear it anymore" ad each time the Angel asked Muhummad to recite the Angel "pressed" him until he could bear no more and afterwards he went to his wife terrified. Then there was a cross reference to Sahih al-Bukari 9.111 that said that when Muhummad saw Gabriel his "neck muscles twitched in terror" and when Gabriel was gone for a while, the prophet became so depressed "that he intended to throw himself from the tops of the tops of high mountains and every time he went to the tops to throw himself down, Gabriel would appear before him and say, 'O Muhummad! You are indeed Allah's apostle in truth', where his heart would become quiet and he would calm down". Now please forgive me if you think that this is cherry picking but I do not believe that I took anything out of contex, because the context was very, very clear. And if you do not believe me then please, please, read it for yourself. I typed all of this out of love and true question and concern because I think the Hadith is something that Muslims should see for themselves. Thank you God bless.

Kiro
01-22-2016, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ciara1127
No I don't cherry pick. I was actually going through some of the Hadith and was quite scared and shocked at what I read. I believe it was Sahih al-Bukari first volume, third Hadith. It said that the Angel Gabriel caught Muhummad "forcefully" and pressed him until he "could not bear it anymore" ad each time the Angel asked Muhummad to recite the Angel "pressed" him until he could bear no more and afterwards he went to his wife terrified. Then there was a cross reference to Sahih al-Bukari 9.111 that said that when Muhummad saw Gabriel his "neck muscles twitched in terror" and when Gabriel was gone for a while, the prophet became so depressed "that he intended to throw himself from the tops of the tops of high mountains and every time he went to the tops to throw himself down, Gabriel would appear before him and say, 'O Muhummad! You are indeed Allah's apostle in truth', where his heart would become quiet and he would calm down". Now please forgive me if you think that this is cherry picking but I do not believe that I took anything out of contex, because the context was very, very clear. And if you do not believe me then please, please, read it for yourself. I typed all of this out of love and true question and concern because I think the Hadith is something that Muslims should see for themselves. Thank you God bless.
It's a normal Human reaction for something out of the ordinary to happen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
01-22-2016, 01:30 PM
First off, greetings Ciara1127 and welcome to the forum.

If you want to read about the life our beloved prophet and messenger, Muhammad (may the peace, blessings, and salutations of God be on him), then a reliable biography, which is known in Arabic as Seerah, is a good place to start. There's a well renowned seerah called "The Sealed Nectar" by Safiurahman Mubarakpuri, (can be downloaded here: https://islamfuture.wordpress.com/20...f-the-prophet/ ) and another called Muhammad: Man and Prophet by Adil Salahi, among others. That's a better way of reading about his life, as a complete account in chronological order; his early life, how he was bestowed Prophethood, the struggles he faced, and how he preached the same message as all the other prophets of God, and transformed a land of polytheism into a land of monotheism.

Yes, as a normal human being, for that to happen to anyone would initially be frightening and worrying. The seerah books will explain it in more detail, so please do read them.

Thank you for your love and concern for us. Believe it or not, we have an even greater concern for you.

I presume being a Christian, you believe that God begot a son (who was also actually god) and had him killed in a slow, painful, bloody, and torturous death to atone for your sins? And you believe he cried out, in effect to himself, "Why have you forsaken me?"

You see, we, as Muslims, believe in, love, respect and honour Jesus (peace be on him) and believe in him as he was; one of the noblest and purest of humanity to ever walk the earth, and one of the greatest messengers of Allah, sent to the Children of Israel. We do not reject him (as Jews do), nor do we deify him (as Christians do). Neither he, nor any other messenger, ever claimed divinity, or to be God's son. We believe he was born miraculously of the noble virgin Mary (peace be on her), and that he is the messiah. We do not however, believe that he died or was crucified. He'll return to earth near the end of time.

Let us discuss first what truly believing in one God means, and what central core message all the Prophets and Messengers of God preached.

Regarding God, we believe:

There is only One God. He alone should be worshipped. He is our Creator, Sustainer, and Lord.

He does not beget, nor is He begotten. He has no sons, daughters, spouses, siblings, parents, cousins, or relatives of any sort.

He is eternal and does not die. He does not depend on anyone/anything yet we all depend on Him. He is free of all want and need.

There is nothing like Him. He is all Hearing, all Seeing, all Knowing, all Powerful, Incomparable, the Creator of the Universe.

He did not/does not, become flesh, dwell in human or animal bodies, nor are there any incarnations of Him. He is not mixed up in His creation in any way.

He is not composed of persons, nor a trinity. There are no secondary, lesser, greater, equal, or multiple gods, nor any intermediaries. And no denying of God's existence either.

There are no sharers, associates, persons or parts whatsoever in His exclusive Divinity. Simply, He is One, in every sense.

As you can see, the concept is clear, simple, logical, makes sense, and befits the Majesty of God.

Ciara1127
01-22-2016, 11:15 PM
I really appreciate your concern for me, believe me, I truly do. But I have already been to other sources for accounts on Muhummad's life. And objectively speaking they have all given me half answers. I say half because if the source addresses the issue it is only partially, and notice I said "if" because most scholars like to beat around the bush. And the reason that I say this is because they never get to the point and often just dismiss the source that the Hadith came from by saying that it is untrustworthy. But how many Hadith can you dismiss before you realize that you just don't want something to be true. Now in turn I ask you (and I have and will continue to do the same) objectively analyze your religion and your prophet. That is if you are not scared and you have strong faith in your religion, as I do. I myself understand my religion. And as you did, I would be more than happy to explain it to you. I beg you to get your information about Christanity from Christians and not Muslims. Because I do not get my information about Muslims from non-Muslims or past Muslims. And the reason that I ask you this is because the information that they give you will be biased and will not be a fair representation of my religion. Because I know that lots of Muslims teach that Christans wordship 3 gods which is absolutely NOT TRUE. That statement is completely false. I can explain the trinity to you, trust me. I can and I would actually love to explain the trinity or anything else that you question about my religion(with God's help of course). But to understand it you have to be open. When you look at anything in Christianty you cannot look at the same way that you would something in Islam. That's why you should read the Bible for yourself and not just go by what someone has told you. And believe me, when I hear or read something that has to do with Islam I find and read the source that it has come from. And not just that verse but the verses around it. I respect and truly love all Muslims but I have learned too much about Islam from the Quran, Hadith, Muslims, and past Muslims to become one. I beg you to learn more about your religion and your Prophet with an open heart. If you truly seek God, ask him to lead you to him. He will. I asked him to lead me to him and he lead me nowhere. Do you know why? That's because I was already there. I also have a book to recommend to you and that is a book that I read by Nabeel Qureshi titled Seeeking Allah, Finding Jesus. Mr.Qureshi was a very devout Muslim and was seeking the truth about who God was and found it. You can download it as an e-book it's like 3 or 4 dollars. But he also has videos on YouTube about his journey and where he is now in life. You should really check it out. I will also check out that see rah you were talking about. I will pray that God will open your heart to understand what I am saying. And please ask me any questions that you have about my religion. And just because a few Christians do, believe, and do not understand something does not mean that all of us are the the same. And the same goes for Muslims which I understand. I wish the best for you and that you research things about your religion and do not reject everything that does not agree with what you were taught. Maybe you should ask Allah for dreams to guide you to him. And don't just reject Christianty just because it is what you are taught to do. Ask Christians about there religion, please. Be blessed my friend. And may God be with you.

Zafran
01-23-2016, 03:12 AM
Nabeel Quereshi is an ahamdi - Like Mormons are to Christians.

Last note Bukhari is not a biography but is a scholarly book which requires jurisprudence or fiqh to actually derive rulings and meanings from it. Randomly reading isn't exactly going to help. Read the Quran instead.

Ridwaan Ravat
01-23-2016, 03:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ciara1127
First off, what are the most trustworthy Hadith of Muhammad's life? I have been told that it is Sahih al-Bukari(please let me know if I am wrong)
Yes , shahih bukhari is a compilation of only authentic hadeeth, but it is not the only authentic hadeeth. There are many more.

The sciences of hadeeth is a very detailed study which requires many years of dedication. If you are not sure regarding the authenticity of any hadeeth kindly refer to the scholars.

greenhill
01-23-2016, 05:13 AM
Reading the thread, I see the main is about the prophet's experience with Gabriel and about authentic hadeeths.

Yes, the stories related to that event is very scary. But there is a reason for this and Allah knows best.

What stuck in my mind was how he thought he was going crazy. How did his wife react? She comforted him. She believed in him, she gave him the courage. . And the journey began with Khadija being his backbone in support.

Only we don't see why this is so. Like Job (Ayob) when faced with his test..

:peace:

Ciara1127
01-23-2016, 05:36 AM
But the Quran does not offer as much info on the Muhummad's life. I know this because I have read the Quran (an interpretation of course since in English). And some of he things said there aren't really any better when it comes to Muhummad or violence. Can I also not understand The Quran 2:216, 3:151, 4:74, 5:33, 8:15, especially 9:29? Does it take many years of study for me to understand that? And you cannot possibly tell me that I have taken all of these out of context. Well you could, but that would not be true. Plus there are many more violent verses in the Quran delivered from your prophet. I can only imagine how hard it would be to ignore and try to interpret all of those to verses. I know a bit more than you think I do about Islam both good and bad. A I truly love all Muslims both good and bad with a love that I have learned in following Christ. It's an unconditional love that I have learned which may be hard for you to understand. And I know that you guys just think that I'm crazy and will be condemned to hell because what I just said goes against everything that you were taught. You know, following Christ and all. But that's ok because I didnt expect anything else. And if you have a question or objection to Christianity then by all means please ask me I will be more that happy to explain my faith. Thanks. I will pray for you. And continue to be blessed.

azc
01-23-2016, 06:46 AM
“Had We sent down this Qur’an. on a mountain, you would surely have seen it humbling itself and rending asunder by the fear of Allah. Such are the parables which We put forward to mankind that they may reflect.” [Al-Hashr: 21]Mountains are often mentioned in the Qur’an. as symbols of great stability, firmness, endurance and integrity. But even with these powerful characteristics, the mountains were unable to bear the Qur’an.… they could not bear the trust.“Truly, We did offer the trust to the heavens and the earth, and the mountains, but they declined to bear it and were afraid of it. But man bore it. Verily, he was unjust and ignorant.” [Al-Ahzaab: 72] The mountains knew their capacity and they knew the incredible weight of the Qur’an. But man… man didn’t know.“Verily, he was unjust and ignorant.”For them to shatter into pieces, break apart and cleft asunder is no easy matter. They have a right to that because of what the Qur’an. contains. It’s not a physical weight that humbles the mountains, but it’s the Words of Allah- they are indeed heavy.“Verily, We shall send down to you a heavy Word.” [Al-Muzzammil: 5]

eesa the kiwi
01-23-2016, 07:21 AM
What you are after is a biography of rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam. Sahih bukhari is a compilation of hadith not a biography
Try the book called the sealed nectar that insaanah linked you above

azc
01-23-2016, 07:28 AM
Since Quran is the word of Allah swt, so it's the most difficult thing to bear.Hz jibraeel a.s pressed him unto his chest thrice to enable him to bear the burden of words of Quran.As a human being it's an unusual incident for him so he was trembling because of revelation of Quran unto his chest.His wife took him to warqa b noawfil, an scholar of previous holy book. When he heard the incident narrated by Hz Muhammad s.a.w he said that this was the angel of God who came to Hz Moses a.s. It was also scary to see a( previously unseen) creature non other than a human being out of blue.Allah swt knows best.What confusion you have about this incident, clarify it plz.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.