/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mawlid Debate

Huzzy_786
01-22-2016, 09:26 PM
If there was any benefit to be taken from this on-going Mawlid Debate, for me it has to be the fact that I begin to appreciate our 'Ulama of the past as well as the present a lot more. Sometimes you have to experience adversity to appreciate prosperity. Sometimes you have to see fools to appreciate those of intellect a bit more.
From the few books I've read, there have been numerous conflicting opinions, each scholar puts forward his opinion backed up by evidences however they would respect each other despite their conflicts. And had they got into a discussion, it would be conducted in an appropriate manner. This isn't the first Mawlid discussion, indubitably there have been many in history conducted by actual scholars, who were of a greater calibre. If they could not come to a solution how do you feel you will find a solution now?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.