/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unnecessary communication between the sexes

Ali Hammuda
01-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Unnecessary communication between the sexes, and how the Prophet PBUH dealt with it.

Khawwaat Ibnu Jubair (may Allah be pleased with him) said:

“We made camp with the Prophet PBUHat a place near Makkah. I came out of my tent and saw some women talking amongst themselves and I liked them! So I went back, got out my trunk and pulled out a set of clothes. I changed into them and then came out and sat with them. The Prophet PBUH came out and said: ‘O Abu ‘Abdullah, why are you sat with them?” When I saw the Prophet PBUH, I got scared and started stammering with my words. I said, “O Messenger of Allah, my .. camel got lost and I am looking for a rope to restrain it”.

The Prophet PBUH walked away and I followed him. He passed his cloak over to me as he went in between some trees – and it is as if I can see the whiteness of his back against the greenness of the trees. He answered the call of nature and did wudoo’, and turned to me with the water dripping from his beard onto his chest, and said: “O Abu Abdullah, what happened to your lost camel?”

Then we continued on our journey, and whenever he caught up with me, he would say, “Assalaamu alaika Abu ‘Abdullah, what happened to that lost camel of yours?” When I realized what he was doing, I rushed on to Madina and completely avoided the mosque and the gatherings where the Prophet PBUH was present.
I was away from the Mosque for quite sometime and so I tried to go to when no one else was around. I went to the mosque and started to pray, but then Prophet PBUH came out of one of his apartments and started to pray two short rak’ahs!! Therefore I made my prayer long, hoping that he would go away and leave me, but the Prophet PBUH said: ‘Make it as long as you like, O Abu ‘Abdullah. I am not leaving until you finish.’ I said to myself, ‘By Allah .. I must apologize to the Prophet PBUH and make him happy.’

When I had finished, he said, ‘Asalaamu ‘alayka, O Abu 'Abdullah, what happened to your lost camel?’ I said, ‘I swear by the One who sent you with truth, that camel was never lost since the time I became a Muslim.’ Upon hearing this, the Prophet PBUH said: ‘May Allah have mercy on you, may Allah have mercy on you, may Allah have mercy on you" Then he never made mention of it again.”

(Narrated by At-Tabaraani in his Mu'jam Al-Kabeer)

Amazing teaching brings about amazing repentance ..

Ya Rabbi teach us ..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
01-23-2016, 03:04 PM
:sl:

did not know this story , JazakAllah khair for sharing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.