/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A virtuous fasting Ayaam Al Beed

strivingobserver98
01-23-2016, 08:32 PM
Don't miss the opportunity of fasting 3 days from tomorrow!

Jareer Ibn ‘Abdullaah RA narrated that the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “Fasting 3 days of each month is fasting for a lifetime, and ayyam al-beed (the white days) are the 13th, 14th and 15th.” (Al-Nasa’i, 2420)

"Whoever fasts one day for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will keep his face seventy years’ distance away from the Fire because of it.” (Muslim, 2/808)

P.S: Fast according to your local lunar calender!

Saturday 23rd January 2016 // 13 Rabi ul Al Akhir AH1437
First of the white monthly days

Sunday 24th January 2016// 14 Rabi ul Al Akhir AH1437
Second of the white monthly days

Monday 25th January 2016 // 15 Rabi ul Al Akhir AH1437
Third of the white monthly days

If for any reason you may not be able to fast, you might be immensely rewarded by the fasting of the one you'll forward this to!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
01-25-2016, 03:48 AM
:bump2:

Days are going by quick. Don't worry if you forgot about the other days, let's try and fast on Monday :ia:.

Kiro
01-26-2016, 01:38 PM
Become semi-fasting machines lol.

strivingobserver98
02-22-2016, 01:56 AM
:bump:

Don't miss the opportunity of fasting 3 days from tomorrow!

Jareer Ibn ‘Abdullaah RA narrated that the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “Fasting 3 days of each month is fasting for a lifetime, and Ayyaam Al-beed (the white days) are the 13th, 14th and 15th.” (Al-Nasa’i, 2420)

"Whoever fasts one day for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will keep his face 70 years’ distance away from the Fire because of it.” (Muslim, 2/808)

‪#Note‬: Fast according to your local lunar calender!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Finding Peace
02-22-2016, 05:15 AM
Are those the three days that if you start fasting them, you must fast them every month?

Khalid Saifullah
02-22-2016, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady of peace
Are those the three days that if you start fasting them, you must fast them every month?
The White Days (13 14 15 of every lunar month ) is nafl (optional).

Ridwaan Ravat
02-22-2016, 07:12 PM
Fasting 3 days of every month

It is best to fast the 'white days', which are the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth.

Abu'd-Darda رضي الله عنه ' said, "My beloved, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, commanded me to do three things which I will not forego as long as I live: to fast three days of every month, to pray Duha, and not to sleep until after praying the witr." [Muslim]

'Abdullah ibn 'Amr ibn al-'As reported رضي الله عنه *said that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Fasting three days every month is equivalent to fasting continuously." [Agreed upon]

Abu Dharr رضي الله عنه reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "If you fast three days of the month, then fast the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth." [at-Tirmidhi]

Ibn 'Abbas رضي الله عنه said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, did not fail to fast the white days either when at home or on a journey." [an-Nasa'i]

Ps:'white days', which are the 13,14,15 of every islamic month.

Ridwaan Ravat
02-22-2016, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady of peace
Assalamualykum.

Respected sister ,

It is not necessary to fast every month, it will be very rewarding.

Jazakallah khair.

Finding Peace
02-22-2016, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ridwaan Ravat
Assalamualykum.

Respected sister ,

It is not necessary to fast every month, it will be very rewarding.

Jazakallah khair.
I fast Monday and Thursday, is the reward greater for the three days?

strivingobserver98
04-20-2016, 04:50 AM
Today (20 April) is the (white days or the (bright days) the 13. 14. & 15 of the Hijri month of Rajab .

If you can fast then fast.

If you can't then remind others ,

You don't know who will benefit from your reminder.

1- Ibn 'Abbas (ra):
It was the practice of the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) to not to omit fast on 'bright days' whether he was staying at a place or on a journey.
[An-Nasa'i].

2- Qatadah bin Milhan (ra):
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) directed us to observe Saum (fasting) on the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth of the (lunar) month.
[Abu Dawud].

3- Abu Dharr (ra):
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
"If you want to observe Saum on three days in a month, then fast on the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth of the (lunar) month."
[At-Tirmidhi].

4- Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As (ra):
"Observing Saum (fasting) on three days of every month is equivalent to a full month's fasting."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

5- 'Mu'adhah Al-'Adawiyah (ra):
I asked 'Aishah (ra).
Did the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) use to observe three days of Saum (fasting) in every month?"
She replied, "Yes."
I asked, "On which days in the month did he observed fast?"
She replied that he did not mind on which days of the month he observed fast.
[Muslim].

6- Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As (ra):
"Observing Saum (fasting) on three days of every month is equivalent to a full month's fasting."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Zeal
02-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Starts on February 10th

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.