/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Jihadist Next Door Documentary

strivingobserver98
01-24-2016, 08:39 AM
:sl:

Has anyone watched this documentary? And if so what are your thoughts on it?

Brief description: The Jihadist Next Door is a documentary aired by Channel featuring suspected Isis masked murderer Abu Rumaysah is shocking but important. It shows how extremists are spreading in UK without any restriction. It is a shocking account of people who wanted to implement sharia in Britain.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Openminded88
01-24-2016, 08:46 AM
I watched it yesterday.

i was expecting it to be very biased however, I really liked how they showed other Muslims who were against them, standing up for themselves and other innocent Muslims who are being affected by the extreme views of these people.

I guess, it was just nice to see that Muslims were not being tarred with the same brush. I'm not sure if people felt the same though.

Kiro
01-24-2016, 03:11 PM
does it have music in it or is there subtitles

strivingobserver98
01-24-2016, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
does it have music in it or is there subtitles
Not sure about music.

Yes it should have subtitles on TV version.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
01-24-2016, 04:46 PM
Saw this advertised but didn't watch it. I thought it was going to be the regular Islam bashing documentary they have on these days. Glad to hear it wasn't.

Openminded88
01-24-2016, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Saw this advertised but didn't watch it. I thought it was going to be the regular Islam bashing documentary they have on these days. Glad to hear it wasn't.
I thought the same, and maybe I missed something, but I found, while they did focus on the topic, they also showed a lot of Muslims speaking out against these people. It was much better than some of the other docs I've seen, maybe see if you can get it on catch up! :statisfie

hisnameiszzz
01-24-2016, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Openminded88
I thought the same, and maybe I missed something, but I found, while they did focus on the topic, they also showed a lot of Muslims speaking out against these people. It was much better than some of the other docs I've seen, maybe see if you can get it on catch up! :statisfie
Thanks for your response. I will do if I get time.

These kind of programmes really wind me up because they are generally very one sided and give off the opinion that all Muslims are pure evil, so it is good to know this one was also not like that. There was one not too long about about British Jihadi Brides or something ridiculous like that.

There was one a few weeks ago on BBC about Muslims and Homosexuality. They made Islam and Muslims out to be complete boogeymen. They had the token ex Muslim gay guy who said Muslims looked for homosexuals and then marched them to tall buildings and hurled them off. It supposedly happens in London too. What a load of b/s! I am sure it would have been in the papers if anything like that happened. :heated::heated:

M.I.A.
01-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Suppose it's 45 minutes of how not to be like.

But the TV never gets viewers when it shows boring stuff.. So its to be expected.

Was it a one off or series like benefits street?

...I'm not even going to mention anjum choudry.

ReboundMuslimah
01-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Where can I watch it?

hisnameiszzz
01-24-2016, 09:28 PM
Google Channel 4 On Demand with the title and you should find it. Unsure if it is only available in the UK or not.

BilalKid
01-24-2016, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
Where can I watch it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DsG...be&app=desktop

:shade:

Pygoscelis
01-24-2016, 11:07 PM
What amazes me about these people is how they go on about how Democracy is bad and the Rule of Law in the UK is bad, and yet there they are, some of them even living on UK tax funded benefits. We are allowing these people into our counties and even paying to support them, as they call four our deaths and the end of our way of life??? Why do we allow it?

They justify the Donald Trump type right winger's thinking about how we need to deport Muslims, etc. Problem is people think in terms of us vs them and paint with such broad brushes. Many well meaning innocent and peaceful, even socially progressive Muslims get painted in with these types and horrible things happen to them just because they happen to also be Muslims. It is madness.

Pygoscelis
01-24-2016, 11:53 PM
Here is a film about the flipside of all of this - the far right nationalists in the UK, who hate all Muslims (and any minority really) etc. It is handled with the same style and balance as the one about the radical muslims above. What strikes me about the two videos, and these sort of groups, is how similar they all are. The divide really isn't crazy nationalist vs crazy radical "muslim", but the Hateful vs the Tolerant. Lets all hope/pray that it the level headed tolerants (on both "sides") that win.

White Angry and Proud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XirT6E0o598

strivingobserver98
01-26-2016, 10:22 PM
Mission Dawah have made a response video:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.